Workshirts

gimmegimme

Has anyone seen any workshirts that have the asymmetrical (cigarette) pockets recently? I'm looking for one in size small (18"-ish or 19"-ish chest). The closest i found was this one (http://tinyurl.com/yfe8xww), but it's too big and JUST over my budget of $200-ish.

Here you go! Maybe a little big in the chest for you?

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=159602

Has anyone seen any workshirts that have the asymmetrical (cigarette) pockets recently? I'm looking for one in size small (18"-ish or 19"-ish chest). The closest i found was this one (http://tinyurl.com/yfe8xww), but it's too big and JUST over my budget of $200-ish.

You'll need an XS to get that size in EG. You'd be better off looking at Japanese companies with smaller sizing, or yeah, if you want the info for the tailor I've used, let me know. His shirts are about the same price as EG. I actually have a small EG grey diagonal twill flannel workshirt that I want to sell, but it is about 21" pit to pit. Or, you should look for a small Mister Freedom chambray.

mpcec- is that you selling the MFSC cap on ebay? Location was Trumbull.

EDIT: I've decided to sell my grey Engineered Garments Diagonal Twill Workshirt in Small.

x

You'll need an XS to get that size in EG. You'd be better off looking at Japanese companies with smaller sizing, or yeah, if you want the info for the tailor I've used, let me know. His shirts are about the same price as EG. I actually have a small EG grey diagonal twill flannel workshirt that I want to sell, but it is about 21" pit to pit. Or, you should look for a small Mister Freedom chambray.

The shirts on p. 68 look awesome. The pockets look perfect as well. How do I go about ordering? I saw something on SF awhile back. Is that system still in place for orders?

I think Mister freedom is just over my budget, though they look really nice.

Digging the shirts , decided to post some of my own . Picked these up in the last year or two from a friends retro shop , all are pre owned . He always has some nice shirts and now and again I get one that fits me . All are heavyweight shirts , the Woolrich is best , warm as fuck on a cold day !!

006.jpg

Melton wintermaster

008.jpg

Woolrich

010.jpg

Fivebrother (apologies for camera spot)

The shirts on p. 68 look awesome. The pockets look perfect as well. How do I go about ordering? I saw something on SF awhile back. Is that system still in place for orders?

I think Mister freedom is just over my budget, though they look really nice.

Yeah, you can still order from him if you like. I'll send you his email address by PM.

Found this in my late night eBay trolling. would love it if it were a little bigger.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220536852379

might want to ask the seller for some measurements. newer RRL seems to run smaller/slimmer than old.

I did! In fact, I am wearing it today. The red warp and white weft are much more muted. I also swapped out the buttons.

photokd.jpg

I did! In fact, I am wearing it today. The red warp and white weft are much more muted. I also swapped out the buttons.

Nice! I love it. I totally agree w/ your assessment of the brightness, and that looks great. I really like the red-on-red buttons too. Nice touch.

On the super super budget end ($26!), has anyone got any experience with the Ben Davis hickory stripe work shirts (the cotton ones)?

Should have multi-quoted...oh well.

I have not owned the workshirts, so I can't comment on fit, I but have put some serious time into their pants when I worked in restaurants. Very durable and long wearing. FWIW, where I live, Ben Davis pants are the official uniform issue for the fire dept., so that says something.

photokd.jpg

zissou, I love the shirt ! The buttons are great I've been able to source those cat eye buttons a couple of times off ebay but never by anyone with access to more than one set. That is the vintage ones like you have, with the ridge around the perameter. The newer ones are terrible looking. Please tell me you have a source for them ???

Nice! I love it. I totally agree w/ your assessment of the brightness, and that looks great. I really like the red-on-red buttons too. Nice touch.

Thanks! I am much happier with it these days, but it's still a little small. Oh well, it's great for wearing under other stuff, and a good summer shirt.

zissou, I love the shirt ! The buttons are great I've been able to source those cat eye buttons a couple of times off ebay but never by anyone with access to more than one set. That is the vintage ones like you have, with the ridge around the perameter. The newer ones are terrible looking. Please tell me you have a source for them ???

Thanks. Yeah, I have a source. Ebay :( I got that set of red buttons there, but I haven't seen much since. I've moved on to 1800's bone buttons and WWI P coat buttons :) Also check Etsy once in a while. Most people call them 'fisheye buttons'.