Workshirts

gimmegimme

I have a similar batch of purplish selvedge chambray I plan on making into a shirt. I think with careful measuring and cutting you should have enough for shirt... just mark out the pattern until it all fits...

its just under 2 yards! got me thinking now! from looking at it alone it looks like enough but when u think sleeves colar etc.

Il bring it in tomorrow and see what the tailors think.

any other uses for old denim if its too small? it cost me $5 so not the end of the world

You might be able to roll with a short sleeve shirt.

I just got it as well. I like the fabric much better than the other.

007medium.jpg

009medium.jpg

Nice fit on the shirt, rnr. I love this wabash fabric as well. How it is compared to your freewheelers wabash?

How do you feel about the length of the shirt? I feel it a lil bit too short to tuck in, but in the other hand it looks better untucked than the polkadot, which is a bit longer.

Nice fit on the shirt, rnr. I love this wabash fabric as well. How it is compared to your freewheelers wabash?

How do you feel about the length of the shirt? I feel it a lil bit too short to tuck in, but in the other hand it looks better untucked than the polkadot, which is a bit longer.

The fabric of this is somewhat similar to the freewheeler wabash fabric on like the chore coat I have and close to the square dot brakeman pants, but it isn't really close in weight and texture. The weight on the freewheeler fabric is closer to like 9 or 10oz, but the KTH is closer to 6oz. I got the pleasure of handling some authentic wabash overalls and the freewheeler's stuff is dead on as I would assume the Real McCoy stuff would be as well, although I have never handled it.

I got the wabash pants from KTH, which were made a few months back and they are made of the same fabric. I remember when I got those pants thinking that the fabric would make a great shirt because it is a nice light weight twill. I wasn't going to get the wabash striped shirt from KTH, but I am very glad I did this time.

The freewheeler track walker and conductor shirt fabric is more similar to the polka dot fabric of KTH. I believe it is a real tight plain weave fabric, but once again the freewheeler stuff is dead on in terms of authenticity (I was also able to handle authentic stifel fabric shirts), but the KTH stuff is nice in its own right and especially for the price.

Actually the length of the shirt is fine for me. I went one size up. I usually order a 15.5, but my chest has grown a bit (been pumping iron and eating my steroids :) at the gym), so I went up to a 16.5 and the extra length seems to help with it staying tucked in.

its just under 2 yards! got me thinking now! from looking at it alone it looks like enough but when u think sleeves colar etc.

Il bring it in tomorrow and see what the tailors think.

any other uses for old denim if its too small? it cost me $5 so not the end of the world

mix in another fabric, get all Junya up in that bitch!

Awesome Wabash. I don't know what it is about it, but it just mesmerizes me. I just picked up the Levis. It certainly would have been nice if it were darker, but it's not bad. It fits me well and has a decent length, which is important as I tuck exclusively. I waited for the 30% sale, but I daren't risk waiting for closeout, as I missed out on the first one with no promise of a version three, and as I don't see a near future where I'm spending two bills on a shirt. I'm still experimenting with the discharge process to do my own, but there are still alot of bugs to work out of what on paper is a simple concept.

Picked this shirt up from Klaxon Howl in Toronto. I love their stuff. All the materials are made locally and the clothing is seen locally. They have their first Fall/Winter show this Friday at Toronto Fashion Week. I have a few of their shirts and can attest to their high quality.

blkflanf__25411_zoom.jpg

Got the new wabash from K&TH. Went with a 17 1/2 this time. It measures 18 1/2" shoulder to shoulder and 23" armpit to armpit unwashed.

IMG_1826.jpg

Lookin good there Rivet.

rnr is your freewheelers wabash shirt 9 oz ?

My trackwalker doesn't feel THAT heavy.

Nah, the conductor/trackwalker shirts are about 4 or 5oz I would assume. The wabash I am speaking of is the fabric used on the freewheelers pants and chore jackets.

Guest rusholmeruffian

cheers, with you.

I often regret selling my MF CPO, but then I wear the trackwalker I bought with the money and feel good again.

cheers, with you.

I often regret selling my MF CPO, but then I wear the trackwalker I bought with the money and feel good again.

Two very different beasts huh MF CPO vs. Freewheeler wabash. I think the trackwalker and conductor freewheelers shirts have a great feel to them. I am really mad at myself for not spending the money on the trackwalker. I would also love to have the CPO or the denim utility shirt from MF, but unfortunately I got on the MF train a little late.

• 2 weeks later...