Workshirts

gimmegimme

• 2 months later...

wow! real amazing detailing in some of these shirts you guys are posting. question about caring for selvedge shirts. is there anything special i need to do? wash infrequently? cold wash? just picked up a j crew sun washed red and momotaro chambray. love both of them.

^ Selvedge is just the nature of the fabric, I don't believe any special care is necessary.

I treat mine like any other shirt I own, washing machine at 40 degrees Celsius then hang-dry after every wear or two.

Edited by mikecch

• 3 weeks later...

^love this workers shirt, particularly because of the functional cigarette pocket.

I'm a real sucker for the less common chambray colors, especially with the 'salt and pepper' texture. That green is awesome, and this "white pepper" Neal Cassady from Speedway are threatening to drain my bank account.

623001-3.jpg

(edit: oops, this one is sold out anyway. bullet = dodged. still awesome.)

Edited by hollowsleather

hollowsleather, im sure I can still find you the size you need in that shirt ;)

I have my eye on the regular chambray version of that shirt

A bit different (price and design wise) from what has been posted earlier in this thread, but a work shirt nonetheless. but I just got this '50s tab twill shirt from LVC.

2244.jpg

Boxy, super comfortable fit. The fabric seems to be a tight weave, but it's washed so its still quite soft. Comes in a wide range of colors, I liked this one and the khaki.

I have this exact shirt for sale if anyone's interested. I picked it up from Hinoya on my last trip to Japan.

It is indeed a great shirt, but I didn't take into account the shrinking so it's now one size too small! It is size 15, which fits like an XS, or a small S after washing.

I'm a real sucker for the less common chambray colors, especially with the 'salt and pepper' texture. That green is awesome, and this "white pepper" Neal Cassady from Speedway are threatening to drain my bank account.

623001-3.jpg

(edit: oops, this one is sold out anyway. bullet = dodged. still awesome.)

I found this US patent for a cigarette pocket for shirts. Now I understand the purpose of the special design which is to keep the pack dry (from perspiration) and to facilitate removal of individual cigarette without pulling the pack out. I believe this patent is the inspiration for the pocket on the workers green covert work shirt that hollows recently posted (and that I just ordered).

http://www.google.com/patents/US1763688?printsec=drawing#v=onepage&q&f=false