General TV show discussion

mrip

some of you guys have absolutely no patience for shows. You watch the first 2 or three episodes of a show that just came back on and say "this is boring", "it's not as good as last season" or "it's starting to pick up", and thats just not how you can assess some of the better shows on television these days. You can't judge a show like "Madmen", a show that is extremely in depth and based around character building, like you can any other show. Its a show you actually entrench yourself into. Shows like this you have to expect to have some lag, it's probably because they are focusing on setting up a scenario or expanding on a character. In fact no show is gonna give you a non-stop thrill ride, they tried that with "Prison break" an people like myself just stopped watching or worse, ended up hating it. Give them a chance, because the shows that are actually trying, are delivering on great television.

You want to talk about a show that could have used ALOT of pick-me-up? HUNG. thats a show I was disappointed with, it moved EXTREMELY SLOW, yet I stuck with it, I'll probably catch a couple of episodes next season, but if he aint fucking bitches left and right after a while I'm gonna give up. They are really making to much work out of something as interesting a gigolo, They need to deliver it entourage style, and give the people the excitement they want to see.

talk about character building. in treatment is some of the most honest thorough acting i've seen on television. second season wasn't as good as first though

melissa george looked fly

sherri saum. you already know. flyyyyyyyyyy

Conde+Nast+Traveler+Hot+List+Party+Inside+4EUxdMgVH7dl.jpg

some of you guys have absolutely no patience for shows. You watch the first 2 or three episodes of a show that just came back on and say "this is boring", "it's not as good as last season" or "it's starting to pick up", and thats just not how you can assess some of the better shows on television these days. You can't judge a show like "Madmen", a show that is extremely in depth and based around character building, like you can any other show. Its a show you actually entrench yourself into. Shows like this you have to expect to have some lag, it's probably because they are focusing on setting up a scenario or expanding on a character. In fact no show is gonna give you a non-stop thrill ride, they tried that with "Prison break" an people like myself just stopped watching or worse, ended up hating it. Give them a chance, because the shows that are actually trying, are delivering on great television.

you're assuming people who have watched mad men up until now don't know exactly what the show is about or what to expect in terms of pacing...

Man I was just bored from the first episode to be honest. The setting is interesting and it was always nice to look at, but I was bored. Maybe it's just not for me. I wanted to like it, but I just found myself not really caring.

Maybe it would've been better had I watched it once a week on tv like it was supposed to be, but I don't watch most of my shows on tv really. I usually forget or don't have the channel.

I like Sons of Anarchy so far, and Dutch is in it!

The Amazing Race S15E01

The Simpsons S21E01

The Cleveland Show S01E01

Curb Your Enthusiasm S07E02

Desperate Housewives S06E01

Dexter S04E01

Drop Dead Diva S01E11

Family Guy S08E01

American Dad! S05E01

Bored to Death S01E02

Army Wives S03E16

Brothers & Sisters S04E01

Californication S03E01

Cold Case S07E01

Mad Men S03E07

Entourage S06E11

All on today!

"I wanna take you in that room, throw you on the bed, rip your clothes off with my teeth, and give you a go-around like you never had before"

................................................................................................-Duck to Peggy Olson, Madmen

ok I am up so S01E08 of mad men and I am getting more into it. That one kid makes me want to punch him every time I see him though:

EmmyAwards08_ZimbioVincentKartheiser_02.png

Also, it's not physically possible to drink that much all day and not be completely off your rocker. I think the most accurate scene so far is the one where the company partner boots in front of a client after climbing the stairs when the elevator is out.

ok I am up so S01E08 of mad men and I am getting more into it. That one kid makes me want to punch him every time I see him though:

EmmyAwards08_ZimbioVincentKartheiser_02.png

He practically raped a girl this last ep. I like that he is pretty forceful when it comes 2 the poon.

Also, it's not physically possible to drink that much all day and not be completely off your rocker. I think the most accurate scene so far is the one where the company partner boots in front of a client after climbing the stairs when the elevator is out.

If you watch closely, in the office they don't usually finish their drinks.