Jil Sander S/S 09 Milan (Womens)

inaya

i kinda like even though i dont hardly ever look at womens fashion.cool though.

that's the weird thing about superfuture, most of the designer critique exists in some sort of vacuum where the womenswear collections don't exist, even though they are oftentimes a designer's second priority, a side project

not to mention the runway sometimes mixes the models together, and one outfit or piece will inform the next outfit in some way (see marc jacobs)

care to enlighten us on the particulars of this collection, inaya?

what do you mean? do you have a specific question about the collection?

and I don't really understand about the side project of a designer, do you mean menswear is? because womenswear is actually more prominent in the grand scheme of things, I'd say. and i'm not being biased at all (I love menswear just as much), but that's just how it is more often than not... in terms of ad campains, retail availability, runway presentations, press coverage, etc.

if you meant what are my thought on this collection, I like it a ton. it is well done in every way and is true to the brand but updated. raf always does pretty well for the womens line but I thought this season is one of his best due to the wearability, range of garments, lack of trendy details, the precision execution and quality, the cuts and silhouettes... really there's not much I can say that isn't positive. it's good for women of all ages but still incredibly directional.

this collection looks very nice and sleek.

yet I wonder why it's so different from the mens SS09 collection. I might be wrong, but other Milan collections looked much more coherent between men and women collections (Prorsum or Emporio for instance).

Who is 'he'? :/

He. Raf Simons.

in an article he described his collection as a nod to Africa and tribal art, and said he wanted to do something far from the previous seasons.

he also said Jil Sander would make jewelry and frames.

the article (for those who read french)

• 1 month later...