"Lustworthy"

Servo2000

I'll be perfectly honest - I'm bored and I'd love it if Superfashion got a little more retrospective. In this thread: clothes / accessories / fashionable objects and objectification that inspire deep lust for being hopelessly unavailable. This isn't "I really want this jacket out this season" or even "this is just too expensive" - I'm talking several years ago minimum / if discontinued even better / use your judgment I'm not that fucking picky.

The following is a bad example but not bad since I literally do not think there is a way to own it as in seasons of searching I've only ever found it in green (once in black on Y!J)

25670761518a0960734oes4.jpg

Raf Simons Skull Necklace in Gold

Mass' Raf shoes could go here as well.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can we argue over whether or not something is lustworthy?

why is this skull more lustworthy than any other similar skull?

is it because it is raf?

i am curious.

Most definitely.

Mainly because it is gold, partially because of the shape of the skull, and even a little bit because it is Raf. It's just one of those things that is, and has been for me, one of those "perfect" things. So - "the perfect skull necklace" for Servo2000.

(I also picked it because the picture makes it really nice looking)

Servo I saw a raf multi skull bracelet on ebay about a year ago... was dope. not gold though. I was out bid but it went cheapish.

Saw that. Don't wear bracelets first off but mainly passed since it wasn't gold. The gold fucks up the skull stereotype so bad that it makes it great on a totally different level. Plus when it's Raf it's like Joy Division playing glam rock. It's just plain good imagery.

The goal of this thread for me was to pass through (to a degree) trends and seasonal awareness and see what it is people really want and hunt and search for.

I mean, it's not technically fashion, but in my opinion, its the pinnacle of a certain type of "fashion"

1.jpg

Olympic White 1961 Gibson SG Special, as used by Pete Townsend of the Who. Essentially it is the most lusted after piece of anything in my mind. It boils down to the aesthetic appeal and instant imagery that can be derived from a guitar like that. It's the SG contour paired with the pure snowy white finish, the silver hardware giving it that hard edged gleam, the beautiful rosewood fretboard giving it a shadow... If you asked me, its the equivalent of finding that Raf necklace in an old thrift shop 40 years from now. It just holds an infinite lust worthy value in terms of what it stands for. It's an iconic piece of art, an amazing choice of equipment for any player, one of the most timelessly crafted artifacts of the guitar-age, and it just holds immense weight of value in my opinion.

Sorry to get off topic for a second. I've been thinking about this guitar for some time.

i want so much slimane dior still its kinda sad...like the votc belted blazer and basically everything from strip and luster especially the leather vest. fuck....

agreed.

wanting the f/w 06 button boots so badly, even thought of getting fakes :(

dior double collared shirt, blood wound l/s (even if i'd never wear it)

cloak f/w 06 peacoat in blue, found this last month at buffalo exchange for $100 sz large. too damn big, too hard/costly to tailor.

00200m.jpg

wanting an hermes birkin, dont know why really and it costs too much

shit, I think I got almost all or at least for a while most of the dior items that i lusted for.

3 years back it was the napoleon jacket. Even though I had the money set aside for it, it never pop out.

I was a loyal follower of ebay and y! jp then. Searching day in day out. Countless of hours just browsing and refreshing pages in hopes that it will 'pop' out.

When I finally won the bid. I couldnt wait for it to arrive. I was like a 3 yo boy waiting till its xmas to open up his present. sleepless nite, it was, i tell u.

Sigh, those were the days.:o

I'm lusting for nothing right now.

So this is when they meant...

that the sky is the limit.

Aint got no mo passion

:(

my life is fuckin plain

:(

fuk all of u that still have something to 'lust' bout..

I envy u

3 years back it was the napoleon jacket. Even though I had the money set aside for it, it never pop out.

I was a loyal follower of ebay and y! jp then. Searching day in day out. Countless of hours just browsing and refreshing pages in hopes that it will 'pop' out.

When I finally won the bid. I couldnt wait for it to arrive. I was like a 3 yo boy waiting till its xmas to open up his present. sleepless nite, it was, i tell u.

Ken, Im curious how much you actually wear the Napoleon JKT since you got it.

It seems like grail items are sometimes relegated to the closet and the fact that you posses the item is enough. When I wear stuff that took me a long ass time to track down it is rarely and also often times on special occasions. Just thoughts inspired by the thread.

Whoa, NINE-Hunit.

The Bless chain link bag.

I would never wear it/use it/give it away, but it's just indicative of the contemporary aesthetic of the Bless duo that I love so much.

It seems like grail items are sometimes relegated to the closet and the fact that you posses the item is enough. When I wear stuff that took me a long ass time to track down it is rarely and also often times on special occasions. Just thoughts inspired by the thread.

Whoa, NINE-Hunit.

i had a holy grail pair of raf shoes that popped up on yoox out of nowhere and ive resoled them twice

I want the ones everyone has in the material no one has.

yes?

pixtures man

pixtures

After I made this thread I was reconsidering my buying habits and, honestly, I think I'm going to sell most of my stuff. I realized I've been buying stuff that was good looking / good fitting for reasonable prices rather than saving for shit that I really want. I've scoffed tons of times at $400 for a Raf Simons sweater!? but looking through my closet I realize I have a Nom de Guerre sweater and a couple of purportedly "cheap basic" sweaters that ultimately could have payed for something superior that I would probably wear more often.

I'm going to start saving for nicer pieces instead, I think, and sell some of the "nicer" things I own that aren't things that I really want.

that old gigantic BW dinosaur hoodie, which cotton apparently has dibs on. yahoo japan no-show.

Mass's raf shoes, but Servo's already mentioned that...

ANY RAF 2001 SHIT

And, goin' against the rules, there are a couple things from recent seasons that I just can't fucking find anywhere. I've tried over 20+ sources too, mainly jap stores, jap store blogs, and jap auction stes.

pixtures man

pixtures

After I made this thread I was reconsidering my buying habits and, honestly, I think I'm going to sell most of my stuff. I realized I've been buying stuff that was good looking / good fitting for reasonable prices rather than saving for shit that I really want. I've scoffed tons of times at $400 for a Raf Simons sweater!? but looking through my closet I realize I have a Nom de Guerre sweater and a couple of purportedly "cheap basic" sweaters that ultimately could have payed for something superior that I would probably wear more often.

I'm going to start saving for nicer pieces instead, I think, and sell some of the "nicer" things I own that aren't things that I really want.

if this was school, right now, i would be telling you to stop looking at my paper/cheating. seriously wtf this is exactly what i've been thinking the past few weeks...

around 10-20 times in the 3 years I got it. But mostly to events and stuff.

This is very true. I just like the fact that its safe and sound in my closet. Keeps me safe and warm during the night.

But do any of you actually thought of selling those grail items you acquired once you figured that you wont be wearing it that much, and you end up getting something that will get more use? liek in my case, i sometimes think that i could prolly sell this and get a watch that will get more use.

Whoa, NINE-Hunit.