"Lustworthy"

Servo2000

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really liked Gibson SGs, but Les Pauls have a special place in my heart.

Also, Fender Telecaster.

I mean, it's not technically fashion, but in my opinion, its the pinnacle of a certain type of "fashion"

1.jpg

Olympic White 1961 Gibson SG Special, as used by Pete Townsend of the Who. Essentially it is the most lusted after piece of anything in my mind. It boils down to the aesthetic appeal and instant imagery that can be derived from a guitar like that. It's the SG contour paired with the pure snowy white finish, the silver hardware giving it that hard edged gleam, the beautiful rosewood fretboard giving it a shadow... If you asked me, its the equivalent of finding that Raf necklace in an old thrift shop 40 years from now. It just holds an infinite lust worthy value in terms of what it stands for. It's an iconic piece of art, an amazing choice of equipment for any player, one of the most timelessly crafted artifacts of the guitar-age, and it just holds immense weight of value in my opinion.

Sorry to get off topic for a second. I've been thinking about this guitar for some time.

Classic Hammond B3 "Thunder" Organ

20160012.JPG

Pretty grail status for any key player. I'm listening to Highway 61 Revisited right now and Al Kooper is killing it on the B3. Pretty grail status if you can master one and record is like Kooper did.

I don't really know what's considered lustworthy in terms of fashion... my taste is so blah, I really couldn't give a proper answer. Maybe a pair of jeans that will always fit perfectly how I want them to regardless of weight-gain/weight-loss? Mom jeans, you know?

Dunno if this is your size or not.

Good luck, jj:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-BALENCIAGA-PARIS-Runway-Boucle-Jacket-36-2750_W0QQitemZ290261051536QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item290261051536&_trkparms=72%3A1210|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

3rd times always a charm;)

the fw07 balenciaga chanel-on-steroids tweed jacket.

ffe76466.jpg

usually out of my reach price-wise (retailed for more than 2k) but I should have realized I wanted it like 2 months before I started coveting it... and I could've copped for 500 freakin dollas on sale.

it now goes for at least 1k on ebay which is more than i'm willing(able) to pay for it :(

one day it will be mine.

Not all "SuFu-approved" brands/styles, but fuck you I want them. :)

Versace ribbon-trim button-up (will never see it again)

versaceribbontrimhiddenil5.jpg

Dsquared LORD belt (been watching eBay for a year, the only results are fakes from HK)

sdgsdhgea6.jpg

Aquascutum houndstooth suit with suede/leather shoulder yoke

aquascutumhoundstoothsurw2.jpg

Balenciaga khaki trousers with golden interior fabric

balenciagacottonpants1bp2.jpg

Also a blue and white striped Paul & Shark hoodie I don't have a picture of, but I got outbid on it on eBay almost two years ago and I'm still pissed ...

$600+ for awesome sculpture head bottle made by a laborous

process.

I haven't tried the fragrances from this house yet, a big part of me wants to avoid the matter. But I mostly lust after it in a dream-like way, like a status kind of way. If I ever buy a bottle of this, it would basically be at a time in my life when I believe I've "made it". That's why it's lust-worthy.

masculincristalnoirnz3.jpg feminincristalzz4.jpg

It would be hilarious and tragic if this became a favorite scent now.

thanks bb!!! I saw that but it's almost 2 sizes too small.

I still might bid.:rolleyes:

while we're at it..

88b6_12.JPG

vintage Gibson J200 acoustic as played by every great acoustic musician of the 1960s and 70s ie. George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Pete Townshend, etc.

Dylan played a Gibson J45 from '63-68. I'm sure there were J200's in there, but he didn't really use them until his shitty 70's phase. He uses J45's nowadays too, when he actually plays the guitar, that is.

It should actually read Lor(d)^2

Lord^2 implies (Lord)^2.

Mmm...k nvm.

haha ...
I could see/rationalize why you'd want any of them except for this. What? Why? Huh? Dsquared? There isn't even a luxury value to the brand.
I honestly couldn't tell you what I like about it. I just like it. As for the brand in general, their tees & dress shirts fit me way better than any other brand.

Does SuFu approve of Etro, or is anything not mostly black and homelessness-/junkie-inspired frowned upon?

this forum is kind of depressing. sure Etro makes a lot of garish stuff, but what separates it from whatever that thing is that jmatsu posted? especially based on that tiny, vague photo? mostly i like their dress shirts. (but they still don't fit as well as dsquared ones lol) i will have to try BoO though. i just haven't found any below retail price that were my size and interesting.