Black Rimmed Nerdy Glasses Thread

ken shinoda

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler & Gross made a pair just like this a couple of years ago. Not sure if they still do. Their website is rubbish, and shows very little of their stock, so you'd need to visit one of their shops to check.

I tried their version of this on at the time. They were a little narrow, and only came in one width. Maybe I have a wide face, though...

Also, I got a pair of Nebb frames (the nerdiest of their black plastic frames?) from Moscot last month, which they made up with my prescription in an hour. I've got no complaints about the quality of the frames or the lenses - and I reckon they were about a third cheaper than Cutler & Gross. And the service there was much more accommodating than that of the uptight poseurs in the London Cutler & Gross store.

I have the culter & gross version of these glasses.

I don't normally do this, nor am I much of a sunglasses person, but these are a going away present from my boss, and we narrowed it down to these two.

Persol(please excuse the lens sticker):

2816564227_4fcffb30dd.jpg

Paul Smith:

2817415642_2989c09d4b.jpg

I feel that the Paul Smith's remind me a bit too much of all the Wayfarer action going on these days, while the Persols are more of a timeless design.

But I honestly cannot decide right now.

Note that the PS's fit my face really well right away, the Persol's would need to be adjusted a bit but this would be no problem...

What's the quality like on Salt stuff? I need a pair of frames and I tried on the Geller ones at Nomad and while they're nice, I feel the lens size is probably about 110-120% of what I'm going for, but the shape is right. Some other store carried Salt and the sales chick gave me a discount card if I head back there, and they've got something like what I'm looking for. Just wanna know if they're made alright.

These are nice! Are these vintage?

I really like the small tiny chanel logo thats not too in-your-face, they dont make em like this no more. These days its all bout big huge ass CC logo.

yeah that's what drew me to these along with the shape =P...they're not vintage but from ss 2008 I believe, not sure though they might be from earlier. it's a sunglass frame but i just threw my prescription in there

What's the quality like on Salt stuff? I need a pair of frames and I tried on the Geller ones at Nomad and while they're nice, I feel the lens size is probably about 110-120% of what I'm going for, but the shape is right. Some other store carried Salt and the sales chick gave me a discount card if I head back there, and they've got something like what I'm looking for. Just wanna know if they're made alright.

very high quality imo.. their lenses are great.

Speaking of geller ones, what are the differences between the Joseph model and the marcello model?

• 6 months later...