BAPE experts - test yourself

rakis

Just wondering "Its too good to be true?" or maybe, just maybe.....:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/A-Bathing-Ape-Camo-Jacket-UK-seller-cheap-postage_W0QQitemZ7722138940QQcategoryZ2997QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The seller's store here: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZgorleston8484QQhtZ-1 (scroll down)

(None of the jackets are in my size as I am an XL but am considering a present for someone).....

Ian Brown and James Lavelle Have been wearing BAPE alot longer then Snoop anD pHARREL

ahhh.....ahahahaha..............hgahahahhaahha......fashion................sex..................drugs............................girls.....uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.........sneakers..............................................

bape, goodenough, supreme, kaws, stussy, NBHD limited nike´s, is there a name for this style? can somebody tell me what is it that make´s this style so freakin hot right now, like some japaneese bloke begins to make very expensive limited casual clothing whit a stupid planet of the apes monkey and strategic places hes product on one of americas hottest hip hop pop star, and they starts to produce this horrible brands whit 50s style ice cream astronaut´s and money rolls on apair of reebok s carter´s, and as fast as a japanees toy maker or designer collaborates whit a new york based graffiti artist ist freakin on fire. ive got a couple of friends that are obsessed whit this harajuku/nyc whatever stuff, and everybody must own a pair of fifty limited dunks, please explain it to me beacouse now this cultural fashion phenomenon gives me one giant headache and uber anxiety, peace

Edited by J0HN on Oct 30, 2005 at 04:32 PM

My post was just an observation. Even if I want to ask on this board, those who are bothered to answer will do so. If you are not, then don't. This is a discussion board for those interested in doing so. That is the point of a forum. If you have interest in something else, so be it. If you hate on those who are interested in BAPE, KAWS, etc., then explore it somewhere else. Or just grow up. There will always be people who are fans, in art, music, fashion. If people here want to spend their money, hard-earned or inherited, why do you feel the neeed to play nanny? Doubt anybody here is asking you for a hand-out. Don't become a fashion fascist. People will wear what they like and what they can afford/want to afford. Keep your hate to yourself or better still, don't hide behind a board....go up to the peeps lined up outside the BAPE store or SUPREME and tell them that they are stupid for supporting some Japanese compay for silk screening Planet of the Apre motifs on teees or fashion knobs because they don't want subscribe to your sense of fashion. You do it and tell us how many you flip......to everyone else who can contructive feedback, that is the spirit of this board....ask and those who care to read your question, will answer......

Quote:

My post was just an observation. Even if I want to ask on this board, those who are bothered to answer will do so. If you are not, then don't. This is a discussion board for those interested in doing so. That is the point of a forum. If you have interest in something else, so be it. If you hate on those who are interested in BAPE, KAWS, etc., then explore it somewhere else. Or just grow up. There will always be people who are fans, in art, music, fashion. If people here want to spend their money, hard-earned or inherited, why do you feel the neeed to play nanny? Doubt anybody here is asking you for a hand-out. Don't become a fashion fascist. People will wear what they like and what they can afford/want to afford. Keep your hate to yourself or better still, don't hide behind a board....go up to the peeps lined up outside the BAPE store or SUPREME and tell them that they are stupid for supporting some Japanese compay for silk screening Planet of the Apre motifs on teees or fashion knobs because they don't want subscribe to your sense of fashion. You do it and tell us how many you flip......to everyone else who can contructive feedback, that is the spirit of this board....ask and those who care to read your question, will answer......

--- Original message by rakis on Oct 30, 2005 04:59 PM

Gosh! you are one liberal bastard can´t you run for run for government or something?, becouse im to god damn stupid to understand one half of what you you just wrote, Sorry if i hit a nerv there, how can you interpret my post as that critical? gosh!, the only thing in my post that was critical was the thingy about ice creams beacouse i personly don´t like them or reebok, it was just a matter of questioning this cultural fashion phenomenon beacouse it feels im taking part of something i dont have a great knowledge of, And it was also a mather of questioning my self. sorry if im seeking answers on the wrong place! and now i should sit hare whit my unanswerd questions of streetfashion and give my self more anxiety, peace

i rest my case

what makes it worse are all the stupid idiots who ask "wtf! MAN! why is this stuff so popular?! can someone please explain to me why its so popular?! its just a shirt with some _____ on it!" the reason its so popular is that people like it and buy it, the entire mentality of the world isnt based on your opinions, there are other people who like the stuff, so they buy it. not everyone is as 'cool and anti-brand' as you. so stop it.

John, didn't mean to knock you but apologies if it came across like that....like it is often said here, its choices are individual so if some want to flock to a particular brand, its a choice...hype plays a part of course but then I have often scratched my head at some designs from Supreme, Neighborhood etc. and gone "Eh?"....some designs are awesome, some defy taste (imho)....some will agree others will buy no matter what....at the end, its what peeps want to front.....peace

dude don't ask about bape it ruins peoples lives

wear your jeans in bed and tell us the amazing details, it makes the world a better place

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]

Legend Bapeddy!

I like the ferret and the Bape / Kaws pumpkin lantern.

Coolest ferret ever, he's wearing his own fur coat. My bro goes to Japan with his wife quite alot and got his dog a camo hoody and a few tees? Bloody funny, bought them for a joke. He tells me in Japan there are entire shops dedicated to animal attire, the funniest being a mickey mouse outfit for your hairy freind.

http://photobucket.com/albums/y278/andewhall/

"bape, goodenough, supreme, kaws, stussy, NBHD limited nike´s, is there a name for this style? "

IS there a name for this style though, i'd like to know what people call it. I guess James Lavelle has got to be the originator / leader of this style....?

Your thoughts and suggestions....

Quote:

"bape, goodenough, supreme, kaws, stussy, NBHD limited nike´s, is there a name for this style? "

IS there a name for this style though, i'd like to know what people call it. I guess James Lavelle has got to be the originator / leader of this style....?

--- Original message by AshRa on Nov 1, 2005 04:00 AM

Right. Lavelle is the Father of it all!!! Bwahahaha. Where would we be with out him?icon_smile_dissapprove.gif

are you people for real? What is the name of the "this style"?, wow... just wow.

Quote:

Its called `urahara kei` - `behind harajuku tribe`. Lavelle? Jap kids with street knowledge who hung out in harajuku invented this style, not james lavelle. And before someone says different, no you`re wrong - ura hara kei peaked in Japan around `94-`98. All this shit now is just the west repeating the phenomenon and imitating the imitators who took American street culture and flipped it Japanese style.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:

--- Original message by rakis on Oct 30, 2005 04:59 PM

Most people nowadays who wear ape dont wear it coz they like it, they wear it coz they saw Pharrell or whoever wearing it and its exclusivity. The people who were into it in the West back in the day also bought into its street cred (now gone) and exclusivity/rarity combined with relatively high quality.

Again its just repeating what happened in Japan. Only the kids in Tokyo most up on shit wore ape back in the `90s coz a key pro skater endorsed it or underground hip hop acts like Shya Dara Par repped it or coz they saw Hiroshi Fujiwara, his buddies and Nigo hanging out wearing the shirts. THEN in `98 Takuya Kimura a member of Japanese boy band SMAP wore the saru camo snowboard jacket on TV and the brand blew up in Japan. inflated resale of ape and brands that started up around it began. the exact same thing happened when Pharrell started to wear it in the west.

MILitary SPECificationS OO

Be Advised: Morgan Nixon AKA Moman631 AKA Moman6040 is a fraud.

Quote:
Quote:

Its called `urahara kei` - `behind harajuku tribe`. Lavelle? Jap kids with street knowledge who hung out in harajuku invented this style, not james lavelle. And before someone says different, no you`re wrong - ura hara kei peaked in Japan around `94-`98. All this shit now is just the west repeating the phenomenon and imitating the imitators who took American street culture and flipped it Japanese style.

--- Original message by MilSpex on Nov 1, 2005 06:43 AM

...is that why 'circle is complete'?

Does anybody give credit for James Lavelle introducing this style to the UK or was it others?

I am an assistant buyer for a clothing store wanna try to be witty again or would you rather whine about clothes some more?

DOES WHAT I SAY INTEREST YOU?

I am available for employment,

full time, part time, & consulting, depending on the numbers

I am willing to work for major companies, brands, stores, and magazines

possibly whereever you want me to work, or what gap you need filled is up for discussion, from working directly with clothes to freelance writing

feel free to inquire about anything

contact email: [email protected]