chronic spending problem

aitsuka

My brother recently told me that I have a chronic spending problem. I've lately noticed that also. Ever since I got this well-paid job, i've been spending more and more without remorse. Its affecting my ability to make good decisions anymore for instance, I bought something, never wore it. Planning to sell it but told myself "oh well, my next salary is going to cover it anyways, whats the point of taking a picture and posting it on supermarket"

I'm freaking scared

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My brother recently told me that I have a chronic spending problem. I've lately noticed that also. Ever since I got this well-paid job, i've been spending more and more without remorse. Its affecting my ability to make good decisions anymore for instance, I bought something, never wore it. Planning to sell it but told myself "oh well, my next salary is going to cover it anyways, whats the point of taking a picture and posting it on supermarket"

I'm freaking scared

Wow...this described me to a T.

REALITY CHECK!

You need to look at the source of your problem and why you feel the need to buy stuff, is it to compensate for a lack of self confidence in real life and to cover yourself in a shroud of value and expenses to hide your true self or merely superficial to the extent that you trying to 'next level' the next man on this corner of web 2.0.

Also start to weigh up pros and cons and think if theirs somthing else you could invest your time in for leisure that maybe less destructive.

You need to look at the source of your problem and why you feel the need to buy stuff, is it to compensate for a lack of self confidence in real life and to cover yourself in a shroud of value and expenses to hide your true self or merely superficial to the extent that you trying to 'next level' the next man on this corner of web 2.0.

Also start to weigh up pros and cons and think if theirs somthing else you could invest your time in for leisure that maybe less destructive.

Do you happen to be a psychiatrist AND financial planner at the same time?

you know now that I think about it,

have a psychiatrist degree could have made me a better man...

and the psychiatrist/financial planner is the best combo

history student, close.

Although sufu probably encourages all of us, be it consciously or subconsciously, to purchase more at least you can look on here and easily find someone younger than yourself living in a more frivolous and wreckless financial manner.

I agree wit Sam G

your spending habit is probably linked to your insecurities, low self esteem and non-existent self confidence. Not saying you have social anxiety or antisocial tendencies, just a fixation with your image.

Then again, most of the members here have his problem.

Do you happen to be a psychiatrist AND financial planner at the same time?

you know now that I think about it,

have a psychiatrist degree could have made me a better man...

and the psychiatrist/financial planner is the best combo

psychiatry is not some 4 yr B.S. you can pick up at your frute lib arts skoo'

that''s MD/Residency shit. HAVE FUN

i have forced myself to draw a correlation between what i buy/item and a required expense. i.e., a leather jacket = a mortgage payment. high tops=gas/electric, etc.

i am not buying shit til i have 6 months worth of expenses in the bank. My monthly outlay is @ 7K so that's 40+ grand. i just stay out of stores. it's the only way. i wish i didn't give a fuck and could just live in the suburban dad uniform.

I am guilty. There's too much good stuff going around in the Supermarket.

I was thinking about this the other day though, and I just really like getting stuff in the mail....maybe that's it. I can't wait to get off work and see if new shit arrived.

I end up selling most of the stuff I buy - keeping only the pieces of clothing I really like, so I justify it for myself that way.

i have this, a little.

i spend more than my friends but thats cause i have the money and no responsibilities....they have kids and such and money is tight so i look like an addict.

When we have nothing left to give

There will be no reason for us to live

But when we have nothing left to lose

You will have nothing left to use

We owe you nothing you have no control

Merchandise keeps us in line

Common sense says it's by design

What could a businessman ever want more

than to have us sucking in his store

We owe you nothing

You have no control

You are not what you own

EVERYTHING YOU OWN IS A PIECE OF YOUR OWN DEATH!

I don't work, but I don't really worry myself by trying to hack away in a cubicle all day in the pursuit of bed, bath, and bullshit either. Lately I've gone on a bit of a spending tear but in the USA I can get by on very minimal money.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

neg for username, sig and palahniuk quote