Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

haha, ok, listen ..

i go to soho to get rice and beans 3 or 4 times a week .. supreme is literally a block away, so i stop in to update you fine folks on here with what's in stock and whatnot .. i RARELY actually buy something there because i have other things i need to spend my money on, but i do grab a thing or two here and there. i never used the "rice and beans" as an excuse to go to supreme or whatever, it's just true.

and my pickup "business" - are you kidding me? i make virtually NO money on that, i see it as more of a favor to you guys who can't get stuff as easily. if i wanted to make a "business" out of this shit, i'd buy 10 of everything and resell on ebay. this is barely a source of income for me, i do it because i thought people on here would appreciate it.

and ms. sally, where did i ever say that i didn't like supreme alot? never once, i just thought it was funny that some of you thought i go to soho just to walk around supreme for an hour .. supreme is a great brand that i have and always will respect, i just question some of their more recent business decisions.

and i still LOVE the box cap, cruiser, whatever ... but that doesn't mean that i need to keep them, does it? no, i have something called rent to pay and i'll admit i'm fucking stupid with money sometimes and thus need to sell a couple things that i don't "need." besides, look at the prices i'm selling my things at, after shipping, i'm making virtually less than what i would have charged if i picked up the item on consignment .. shit, i'm losing over $30 on the cruiser after shipping.

the only piece i want to buy coming up is the wool m-65, hence my selling the cruiser (which i might keep anyways).

and to the comment about alife/crooks: i'm not saying that supreme WILL be the next flash-in-the-pan streetwear label because at this point it's virtually impossible for them to be put in that category thanks to the years of quality releases, collaborations, and their overall effect on the streetwear/skate/art/fashion scene, but i DO think it's a bad idea for them to make their product so easily accesbile to the masses .. i just think that, in the long run, it might blow up in their faces. just an opinion.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touting your "old" age is also the worst.

Maybe just pump the brakes on the nonchalant brand love and just own up to moderate obsession. its cool. i'll respect you more for it.

and where did i "tout" my old age? i'm not saying i did, i just don't feel like sifting through all my posts for this .. just confused here.

and my "nonchalant love" is merely skepticism for the current direction supreme is going in terms of quality/accessibility/design. i wouldn't consider myself obsessed, i've got nothing but love for supreme, but i think it's necessary to call out brands/designers/whatever when they are fucking up. simple as that.

and honestly dude, i'm not looking for the respect of anybody on here, because when it all comes down to it, as soon as we sign into sufu we all become fucking nerds that do nothing but bitch and moan over things and get all hard over articles of clothing. we're all guilty of it and i didn't join this board to make friends or gain e-cred.

i wont point to any one group..i nkow some flips htat have been on that shit for a while.....

i think its inevitable....at the end of the day, its a business.....i just think one of the things about supreme was it always repped NYC and for that reason i think the biggest mistake (brand wise) was opening the LA store..... now the online store

i'm sure the brand is making more $$$ then it has in the past...besides the some of the Nike releases.....but its defintiely watered down the brand, some of which was a pretty big reason people are/were into it.....

that said, the demise of the brand has been touted for sometime so who knows, they might have a bigger picture in mind....

so true, supreme IS NYC skateboarding. I was so bummed when I first heard they were branching out to LA. Do kids (well anyone) even buy hard goods from supreme anymore?

so true, supreme IS NYC skateboarding. I was so bummed when I first heard they were branching out to LA. Do kids (well anyone) even buy hard goods from supreme anymore?

i've seen kids pick up decks from there before and the dudes there have set them up for them and everything but it's definitely not a substantial part of their business anymore.

and where did i "tout" my old age? i'm not saying i did, i just don't feel like sifting through all my posts for this .. just confused here.

and my "nonchalant love" is merely skepticism for the current direction supreme is going in terms of quality/accessibility/design. i wouldn't consider myself obsessed, i've got nothing but love for supreme, but i think it's necessary to call out brands/designers/whatever when they are fucking up. simple as that.

and honestly dude, i'm not looking for the respect of anybody on here, because when it all comes down to it, as soon as we sign into sufu we all become fucking nerds that do nothing but bitch and moan over things and get all hard over articles of clothing. we're all guilty of it and i didn't join this board to make friends or gain e-cred.

you've made the comment "maybe its cause im getting old" enough for me to remember. Nonchalant love would be that you make many statements saying that you are on your way to this and that and Supreme was just a hap hazard stop along the way. I just dont buy it.

I'm aware what posting makes me or reading posts for that matter. I'm totally cool with it. I never criticize those "beasts" as you label them for their purchases, because im just as much of a "beast",fanboy,herb,etc for liking jackets,sport caps,flannels,etc. I dont see the difference in jocking a wool cruiser or a kermit tee. I dont skate and i like a skate brand. makes me a joke to most people who skate, so i dont see how im any better than the "beasts". I wont line up cause i cant get with that, but again that makes me no better than those that do.

My point was that you're posts can be a bit much or come off as trying too hard. Write what you want, but i felt compelled to say what i thought.

haha, dude, i don't know what you want me to say here .. i'm in the soho area alot, i live not too far from it .. i'm always going to galleries, eating dinner, buying shit, whatever down there, so i stop in alot since i'm down there. do i go to soho sometimes just to go to preme? of course. do i go to soho 4-5 times a week just to go? fuck no.

Wow at crooks being on the same level as supreme on any front, wont even waste time arguing that shit and Alife is a lame supreme rip wont waste time on that either. Supreme has more cache than all those brands because of the same reason why anything else would be seen as so. Reputation, quality and consistency.

dude, it's SO true, i take my girlfriend in there all the time because she rules and loves jamming to slayer or sabbath or whatever they are playing in there while i geek out over clothes .. i've always been able to get what i wanted in there no problem since day one. and since i'm in there alot more, they recognize me and help me out. when i bought my military shirt the dude took like 10 minutes in the back to find it, came out all dusty and shit and he told me it was literally the last one they had and it was sitting in a pile way in the back .. i dunno, it was pretty cool because they definitely didn't have to do that.

Is this a sarcastic post?

Wow at crooks being on the same level as supreme on any front, wont even waste time arguing that shit and Alife is a lame supreme rip wont waste time on that either. Supreme has more cache than all those brands because of the same reason why anything else would be seen as so. Reputation, quality and consistency.

Is this a sarcastic post?

alife is wack now and isn't anything they used to be, but they're FAR from a supreme rip.

alife is wack now and isn't anything they used to be, but they're FAR from a supreme rip.

they ripped off the supreme vans colorways for their desert boot shoes

just to chime in....

as much as i complain about Supreme not doing international shipping, i actually like it the way it is.

the fun (for me anyway) is in the hunt.

the LA store makes sense imo, especially when you take into account what the west coast has done for skateboarding over the years. it was inenvitable it would happen.

supreme sf on the other hand would be reaching.

definitely not, i go to supreme sometimes just to listen to king diamond.

Assuming that the above was not sarcasm, why not just listen at home? Not being familiar with King Diamond, is listening at Supreme bring some sort of added value to the over all experience?

This would be another example of how its never just going to the store with you. The shopping always seems to be the gravy on top of the experience.

is it safe to say that when filipinos catch onto a brand then that brand's death is impending?

take that famous/ronnel guy for example

wasnt he all up on nudies and stuff? look what happened to that brand.

now all he wears is supreme --> ?

next up : visvim ? neighborhood? headporter?

Lol wtf? Is it safe to say you're a fucking moron?

I was wearing Supreme before I even heard of Nudies. Sure I bought a pair, but I've BEEN wearing Supreme. Been skating since late 99'/early 00' up until now, still going strong. Been up on this "streetwear" thing for the longest time too, lol... So I don't know where the fuck you're coming from homie.

Just cause I wore/wear Nudies every now and then don't mean shit... Hell I'll wear some fucking Volcom, Quicksilver, RVCA, Billabong, and some other shit too, and still say I've BEEN doing this.