Supreme 2008 F/W

fiveagain

when did the street fighter l/s drop.?. i was in LA store last wed i didnt see it

they were out with the first drop i think

Wonder if they'll do another north face this year (I think I might be in a rather small minority who actually liked the NF collabs)...

rumor is it's gonna be a denali

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm so sick of the steep tech jackets. i think it'd be lame for supreme to be doing a jacket that is ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE in new york and probably beyond at this point. with their trends of picking up old models of this and that and spinning it for their brand along with the brand's general aesthetic, doing that jacket wouldn't make any sense.

aka the worst people on earth.

Wow! Thats pretty brash dont you think? I was a teenager once and i sucked too. And as for the puerto rican bit, since the start of this brand they have had young latin kids working in their store and repping the brand. If i were to go ahead and lable such people as "the worst" it would seem contradictory to imbrace a brand to the point of daily obsession that supports them.

i'm so sick of the steep tech jackets. i think it'd be lame for supreme to be doing a jacket that is ALL OVER THE FUCKING PLACE in new york and probably beyond at this point. with their trends of picking up old models of this and that and spinning it for their brand along with the brand's general aesthetic, doing that jacket wouldn't make any sense.

True, but if it's a Denali Fleece then fuck it. That is seriously the #1 most common clothing item on any college campus.

I'd still be checking for a Supreme/North Face Denali cuz if past collabs are any indication, they'd have some dope patterns/ colour schemes. They most likely wouldn't be just taking a standard black/black one and putting a Supreme tag on the arm and calling it a day.

At least I'd hope.

the fleece is a whole different story. there's a huge difference between cult status and ubiquity. i'd still file the steep tech under cult status since it's super popular within a certain culture, but man you're right, those fleeces are like standard issue campus wear.

Personally I hate the Steep Tech. It looks like a storm trooper jacket. But at least its more entrenched in NYC culture than a Denali. I mean there whole shit is NYC, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Also i heard the Denali is all color blocked up. Multi-color for at least a couple different versions. We'll see though

i've always liked the denali fleece, but never wanted to buy one for the same reasons you guys just posted.

if supreme did drop one in a tasteful but different color scheme, i would definitely be into it. besides imagine all the comments from bro-dudes/dudettes about how "sick" it is and then how i get to explain to them for 15 minutes about how it's from this skate shop in nyc and it cost $200 and how you can only find them on ebay for $600 now because they sold out in 10 minutes and i had to wait in line for 3 days to get one.

man, that would be really fun

I think the patagonia-style fleeces were Supreme ripping off the logo rather than an actual collab. But yes, very much agreed that would be insane, esp in tiger camo

What they really should do though is take it right back to 89 and do a sunice rip in day glow pink/lime/blue...preferably a one piece

Personally I hate the Steep Tech. It looks like a storm trooper jacket. But at least its more entrenched in NYC culture than a Denali. I mean there whole shit is NYC, so it wouldn't be out of place.

Also i heard the Denali is all color blocked up. Multi-color for at least a couple different versions. We'll see though

were they really more entrenched in NYC culture than Denalis? EVERYONE rocked denalis in NYC before it spread out as a college campus steeze. everyone was skatin in denalis when it got brick out back then

I think the patagonia-style fleeces were Supreme ripping off the logo rather than an actual collab. But yes, very much agreed that would be insane, esp in tiger camo

What they really should do though is take it right back to 89 and do a sunice rip in day glow pink/lime/blue...preferably a one piece

yeah, it was definitely just a flip on the logo, but still cool nonetheless .. and not something you see everyday.

i was thinking something more along the lines of a supreme x patagonia parka.

were they really more entrenched in NYC culture than Denalis? EVERYONE rocked denalis in NYC before it spread out as a college campus steeze. everyone was skatin in denalis when it got brick out back then

i'd say so. Both styles became popular at the same time. The Denali is now the most prevalent jacket through out high schools and college (I.E crossed over into main stream), while the Steep Tech is still holding strong to a small number of city dwelling consumers. The Steep Tech is still associated with the city, while Denalis are seen as a more standard and wide spread fashion choice.

Opinion not fact.

i'd say so. Both styles became popular at the same time. The Denali is now the most prevalent jacket through out high schools and college (I.E crossed over into main stream), while the Steep Tech is still holding strong to a small number of city dwelling consumers. The Steep Tech is still associated with the city, while Denalis are seen as a more standard and wide spread fashion choice.

Opinion not fact.

i agree that the denali was the mass appeal, but it was also more connected to nyc kids in terms of accessibility, was much cheaper and all around good for whatever get up. you just wouldnt show up to a session decked out in a steep tech. interesting talk with you ms. sally