Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

Any overall impressions of AE? I played some matches w/ DUM earlier, it's fun in the 'oh i havent played this in a while' but overall its just a frustrating slow experience for me lol. abel is basically the same but i cant antiair elbow and it takes one more combo to kill. i think id rather stick with marvel :w

Any overall impressions of AE? I played some matches w/ DUM earlier, it's fun in the 'oh i havent played this in a while' but overall its just a frustrating slow experience for me lol. abel is basically the same but i cant antiair elbow and it takes one more combo to kill. i think id rather stick with marvel :w

i like the game, its basically the same but with the cheap twins. i still dont understand why their so good. and also fei long taking as much damage as vanilla sagat, shit is painful.

I feel you… IIRC the twins were designed to be godtier, something about promoting competition? IMO all that does is detract from the diversity of viable chars. I saw Yun's frame data, like 98% of his moves are + on block, and at most like -2 or -3 on some moves.. lol..

ggs billy, stop doing Marvel stuff in SF4 ;)

but your Yang is starting to get better, once you start pressuring its hard to get out... and I dunno what was going on with those random lag spikes :\

edit: oh my brother was torrenting at full speed lol

I feel you… IIRC the twins were designed to be godtier, something about promoting competition? IMO all that does is detract from the diversity of viable chars. I saw Yun's frame data, like 98% of his moves are + on block, and at most like -2 or -3 on some moves.. lol..

yeah i honestly believe yuns still easy mode, his mixups are free and combos are also free, somewhat comparable to wolverine? you cant really zone with fireballs either since they have ways of getting around.

hahaha yea jeebeebus those lag spikes were weird. i'd bet we'd be ok if nothing else was going on. i always feel a slight input delay though.

but yea im starting to ease back in to sf. i still jump to block on instinct though cause at marvel it was usually the best option. fucking sucks.

i still am retarded against cammy though haa.

plus it's been so long since i played sf that i actually feel like im playing a different game.

gouken had zero links, could not couch tech.

but i basically feel like that's all im doing with yang.

sometimes i'll have a single normal beat my throw attempt? wtf.

thats a counterhit set up

they do a blockstring, you think they are going to throw you

they throw out a strong or fierce that beats throw attempt

because they arent throwing your input of lk + lp results in a lp and the higher priority move beats that

I gotta get my safe jumps and vortex back.

Before I could really do tc to tsumuji/neckbreaker/raida I would try crossup kunai and then throw. mass and royale are so used to this they tech and throw ne every time because my vortex timing is off and they're not still stunned off the kunai. This was happening before too tbh, but not 100%.

It's a good way to tell I'm doing it wrong though.

I noticed sako had some setups he kept using. I saw one in all matches so I'm assuming it works on most characters atleast.

I'd say marvel is more like that. A quick decision can result in serious damage.

I love the speed and feel of Marvel (even if it tends to make me want to mash) The repetition is kinda crazy though. I guess I'll give it a real shot at some point soon. I've watch about 100x as much Marvel as I've played.

I think royale is uploading a pretty whatever video of me scraping by an Oni. I'd appreciate any tips you guys can give from it though (bad habits, stupid decisions, etc)

I barely see the twins online. It seems like all the people who would normally play Ryu or Ken have picked up Evil and Oni. Oni's crossup palm shit is fucking annoying.

I just had a real fun Deejay match though. Won by a hair and had to message dude a 'gg'.

What's the best way to practice safejumps in training. Because I really need to get hers down. Set the dummy to srk maybe? neckbreaker it and try to get in without getting caught?

sf is like multiple instances of rock, paper, scissors per round

spoken like a true tekken player ^^

juggles on sf x tekken look weird.

weird is good