Street Fighter Thread

Ichigo100%

i actually took some of this advice and ended getting in some winning matches against royalefatale

i put morrigan on point, brought dante in at 2 and akuma finishes out my team. In those videos against royale, im still trying to figure out my team cuz 1) i dont like having a redundancy like ryu and akuma on my team and 2) dont really fuck with too many other people in this game

as for combos, i dont have anything more than clpx4 and then pop-up

if you wanna get down on some mvc3 id be down to learn shit. Im not the best at mvc3 (or even good) but im always down to play different people. Just reading your last bit of advice helped me to pull out a couple wins against royale so thats a good start

I am glad you are trying to improve your game. Team dynamic is important but a complex aspect of marvel, which makes it the most fun to me.

I agree with mass on this one. Dante IS a meter user but he is very self sufficient with his combos, combine this with morrigan harmonizer assist while you're in the air or during a combo for additional meter gain and you have a decent battery on point.

Remember you want your team, in most instances to be: 1. Battery (builds meter, does not need meter to do damage) 2. User (uses the meter the battery provided) 3. Anchor/Assist (a useful assist for chars 1 and 2, in 3rd place to heal up longer before getting called in and losing red life, or an anchor who is good at level 3 x-factor and has 'comeback' tools.)

With this in mind, at higher levels of play, you can have dante start the DHC trick (he has plenty of ways, grapple hook is one example) into devil trigger, DHC into morrigan's mirror super and attempt to keep the combo going from there.

In this case, it's more likely that Akuma will be the user for your team than anything, but that's okay.

For your combos -- c.LP x4 is pointless. The game is made to make comboing easy, just do the 'magic series' --> L M H S, super jump L M H S. that's the very very basic version. more commonly used is c.L c.M c.H c.S sj.MMHS. If you really fuck with Dante, his execution learning curve is one of the steepest in the game so he's not really noob-friendly.

there are lots of great resources out there to learn from, check out crosscounter's mvc3 101 with viscant, shoryuken hyperguides, or the official guide.. and shoryuken forums

I still haven't settled on my go-to mvc3 team. currently trying zero + mixes of deadpool/dante/wesker. I just have a problem with tankier teams and others centered around taskmaster.

Been working with a Wesker (samurai edge) / zero (anti-air shoryuken thing) / dante (weasel shot) right now. I used to open up with zero, but I use his BnB combo a lot to build and I find that hes too fragile to start my lineup with. Also, since hes faster i think he changes up the pace of my shit mid game pretty well. I need better DHC options though - zero kinda fucks that up for me in my team

just moved to LA, officially west coast now! brane maybe we can actually get some decent matches going now

I finally got to try out some AE at Round 1 and... got destroyed :(

it's gonna take me a while to get used to AE Cammy, like 75% of the dive kicks I tried never came out :o I ended up just using ex strike and burning meter like crazy... she does have some nifty new combos though

still don't know how to play marvel too lazy to learn it

I think I'm going to try to build a team around Jill even though berndog said not to. I get bored trying to pick a more common team. Same with Ibuki, I just like the character and I have more fun that way.

I'll play some of you guys in a couple weeks if I don't give up. Jebeebus, you going to be playing AE on ps3 or just xbox?

I think I'm going to try to build a team around Jill even though berndog said not to. I get bored trying to pick a more common team. Same with Ibuki, I just like the character and I have more fun that way.

I'll play some of you guys in a couple weeks if I don't give up. Jebeebus, you going to be playing AE on ps3 or just xbox?

Don't let me discourage you, if you really want to get into Jill she has a lot of great things going for her, but her damage comes a lot harder compared to someone like Wolvie or Task. One of the members of the fighters club at UCI made this video on Jill, peep:

l5yIGh5721U

Her game is largely dependent upon canceling out of stances, and stances (down, down + S) are super awkward to input imo.

^ meh, mvc2 jill had a more interesting moveset imo. jill now is kick into kick into kick into crouch into jump into kick into kick into kick into hyper jump kick

yeah I had just watched that vid and decided to go with my instinct. I'll fuck with her for awhile.

her hypers aren't bad. DHC trick with one of her level 1's and then the spinning gun shit can go through some shit.