top 3 hip hop albums

cheapmuthafukr

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can your list be so absolutely random from one day to the next. Hahah. I see no connection there besides the obvious Run/Beasties.

How can your list be so absolutely random from one day to the next. Hahah. I see no connection there besides the obvious Run/Beasties.

I don't see anything random about it a list of my own personal favorites. Why does there have to be an obvious correlation between the 3 albums? I guess it's cause I've lived through the many different eras of Hip Hop (and music in general)...so why not grab what appeals to me from the various time periods? I'm not 35 yet, but I'm definitely not 18.

Those are definitely all favorites of mine. You don't question someone who lists his/her favorite Rock albums as Sgt. Pepper's...(The Beatles), Masters Of Reality (Black Sabbath), and Rock For Light (Bad Brains)...at least I hope not.

Wait I just gave it a thought and looked back at my list...how do you NOT see a connection!?!?!?! Hahahahaha.

Earlier Def Jam catalog...Run DMC, Beasties, PE (the latter two albums having heavy sample usage which I love).

Early-Beginning of Mid-90's...Black Moon, Raekwon (any early Wu or the first Smif n Wessun for that matter...it was a hard choice...but I've got too many memories associated with the EDS and the Purple Tape).

DOC's first, I guess can seem a little out of place...but it is my favorite West Coast album of all time (methinks)...closely followed by the 2nd and 3rd NWA joints (Straight Outta...and Niggaz4Life)...as well as Cube's early shit and of course early 'Row Snoop and Dre.

I didnt find anything WRONG with your list, I just didnt see the correlation aside from the obvious standouts of their respective eras. But I guess when you look at in the context of sample usage it makes sense.

Rock (rap?) on.

I dont think I answered either:

Can O (handle you slow) The Cold Vein

That Nigga The Blueprint

PUTS - The Next step

These are the three albums I never stop listening to. Definitive top 3? I cant call it, theres too much quality material.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...