What are you craving today?

showbiz00ditc

Kuma's is easily the best burger I've had in Chicago. Honorable mention to Nightwood, Bad Apple, Vintage, and Three Aces (last two have great burgers, but are otherwise useless.)

As for the hot dogs at Sonic, they're nowhere near as good as a real Chicago hot dog. Hard to explain, but its true. Its sort of like the hoagies we have here. They're damned good, but nothing like the stuff you can get on the east coast. I've a friend who moved out to Philly six or so years ago, and whenever I visit I have to grab a sandwich. As I Wear Shooes has pointed out, the ingredients are essentially the same, but the final product is very different. And of all the shit he can't get out in Philly, proper hot dogs are what he misses most.

You can go to your local Sonic's.

Might not be authentic taste but the ingredients are

unfortunately i dont have a sonics near me :(
Kuma's is easily the best burger I've had in Chicago. Honorable mention to Nightwood, Bad Apple, Vintage, and Three Aces (last two have great burgers, but are otherwise useless.)

As for the hot dogs at Sonic, they're nowhere near as good as a real Chicago hot dog. Hard to explain, but its true. Its sort of like the hoagies we have here. They're damned good, but nothing like the stuff you can get on the east coast. I've a friend who moved out to Philly six or so years ago, and whenever I visit I have to grab a sandwich. As I Wear Shooes has pointed out, the ingredients are essentially the same, but the final product is very different. And of all the shit he can't get out in Philly, proper hot dogs are what he misses most.

Sonic sucks on the whole and their hot dogs/coneys are particularly bad, even for chain fast food. And the fries are straight garbage.

Sonic sucks on the whole and their hot dogs/coneys are particularly bad, even for chain fast food. And the fries are straight garbage.

+1

I don't know how Sonic has managed to get a seemingly good reputation among people who have never been to one. The only thing they have going for them is the ice they put in their drinks.. best ice of any fast food joint.

I was trying to be polite, but yeah, Sonic is fucking worthless. When there are so many other legit options, why choose some fucking garbage? I used to work with guys who would always be talking about eating hot dogs at Sonic, which was especially offensive to me given that we live in Chicago and can find amazing hot dogs without much trouble.

And Shufon -- I don't like ice in my drinks, so I guess I'm fucked.

I have a huge craving for a microwave. mine exploded.

On the topic of Sonic. Given the fastfood choices in Baltimore. Sonic is alright. Yes the ice drinks of theirs is the greatness. Hotdogs are nasty and the burgers are nothing special. I end up there for the drinks and just decide to order other shit just because. I rather just pick up a chicken box...well I almost always would rather have a chicken box no matter what.

I'm from the sonic homeland so I've known tons of people who have worked there at one time or another. I hardly even ate there when it was free, ha.

It was nice to be able to get a vanilla/coconut/whatever coke or dr. Pepper, and their shakes and malts and stuff are better than normal fast food dessert, but still real whack for food.

Whataburger and chik-fil-a, on the other hand...

I have yet to try Capitol Burger, I've heard nothing but good things. But for right now, Apple Pan in West LA has been a favorite of mine and I frequently go. Also, the Golden State in the Fairfax District has a good burger, I'd try that place out if you've never been.

looks good, will try it. if it sucks i'm going to find you and franklin cosgrove and bonk your heads together like the three stooges

get it with grilled onions and extra cheese!

I have yet to try Capitol Burger, I've heard nothing but good things. But for right now, Apple Pan in West LA has been a favorite of mine and I frequently go. Also, the Golden State in the Fairfax District has a good burger, I'd try that place out if you've never been.

yeah, i've had all of those

i think the best burgers in LA are: Comme Ça (gourmet) and Capitol Burgers (classic)

only bad thing i could say is that capitol burger place is this tiny shack in a sketchy area

craving some in n out animal style flying dutchman on top of fries *droolz*

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lj55aiUbxB1qzgq6so1_400.jpg

The warm chocolate chip cookie at Jacques Torres

Citizens of America, it is my duty to inform you about something unholy, something sinful that is going on in that wicked city known as New York. Deep in the bowels of a village known as “West” is a veritable Sodom & Gomorrah of chocolate whose creator, a Frenchman!, is trying to tempt our children into evil with a contraption known as the “cookie warmer.” This sick device results in the dangerous, corrupting specimen you see above!

Yes, my brothers and sisters, that is a WARM chocolate chip cookie that was kept warm in a warming tray. When you eat it, the chocolate is soft and gooey, the cookie falls apart in your hands. Look at this sick spectacle:

via