Dior Homme Denim

midnight

I know washing in cold water will preserve color better than hot but will the jeans shrink washing in cold water as much as hot? I have a pair of raw MIJ 33" Dior 19cm and quite literally they now measure 38 and are practically falling off me...I only wore them daily for a month so i'd really hate to wash them but it seems I have no other choice...

theyre silver selvedge, i think, which would explain that overall look. The weft is dark grey and the weave is tighter so the raw denim sheen looks more all-over.

man. silver selvedge. sorry if its been asked multiple times. but how much are a pair of silver selvedge going for? im a w28. are they produced every season like the normal raws? or i missed out on them?

and i have another question too. on the runway, dior jeans always seem to look alot slimmer than they actually look (calf and hem area). are those on the runway actually tapered or tailored for that look? or is it just me :(

I know washing in cold water will preserve color better than hot but will the jeans shrink washing in cold water as much as hot? I have a pair of raw MIJ 33" Dior 19cm and quite literally they now measure 38 and are practically falling off me...I only wore them daily for a month so i'd really hate to wash them but it seems I have no other choice...

man that stretch pretty lot. is like stretch 3 inches? :eek:

u bike with them or what?

man. silver selvedge. sorry if its been asked multiple times. but how much are a pair of silver selvedge going for? im a w28. are they produced every season like the normal raws? or i missed out on them?

and i have another question too. on the runway, dior jeans always seem to look alot slimmer than they actually look (calf and hem area). are those on the runway actually tapered or tailored for that look? or is it just me :(

Silver selvage are made every season, run ~$400 give or take, come in 19cm and 21cm, black and indigo like the regular raws.

Most slim looking runway jeans are 17.5cms I think, and they are also tailored exactly to fit the models and are sometimes hemmed which makes the below the knee area look slimmer

man that stretch pretty lot. is like stretch 3 inches? :eek:

u bike with them or what?

Yeah..I mean I bike in all my jeans to classes and such - these Dior's stretched about a half inch less than my APC's and I bought the Diors in the same size hoping to have a tighter fit...

So again - i know these are Sanforized so they don't stretch as much but will a cold water soak shrink them as well as a hot water? I mean I do also have the pacific ocean at my disposal a 5 minute walk away which is how I usually cold soak and then wear until they're dry without sanding.

Silver selvage are made every season, run ~$400 give or take, come in 19cm and 21cm, black and indigo like the regular raws.

Most slim looking runway jeans are 17.5cms I think, and they are also tailored exactly to fit the models and are sometimes hemmed which makes the below the knee area look slimmer

so for silver selvedge, the difference is that they have a silver selvage (duh) and also a tighter weave? any pics of the selvedge? :) silver sounds cool

Struggling to find a pair of 31 inches 19cm black DH jeans, luck struck me when I called my retailer to find out that they've managed the misplaced pair that was nowhere to be found the day I paid them a visit. Selfridges didn't have any and neither did Harrods, apparently the black model is being discontinued.

While buying the jeans I handed in my blue pair which didn't fit me that well since I've lost some weight since I bought them 2 years ago. Apparently the retailer also have a set of tailor who manged to srink the size of the blue pair from 32 inches 21cm to 31 inches 19cm while shortening the lenght of the jeans to 34. They did a terrific job and the blue pair is identical in terms of fit to the black pair with no DIY traces. The black pair got shortened to 34 inches as well since I found them to be a tad to long.

Lastly the blue pair was washed before I handed them in. It was the first wash after being worn for 1 year and 10 months.

img2680hf7.jpg

img2673jj1.jpg

img2674pp1.jpg

Struggling to find a pair of 31 inches 19cm black DH jeans, luck struck me when I called my retailer to find out that they've managed the misplaced pair that was nowhere to be found the day I paid them a visit. Selfridges didn't have any and neither did Harrods, apparently the black model is being discontinued.

Wait, they're discontinuing black raws?

Wait, they're discontinuing black raws?

Well that's what I was told when I walked into Dior Homme's concession in Selfridges. I didn't see them on the shelves and when asked if they are getting in more stock I was told that they are being discontinued which is obviously something I didn't want to believe since they are highly popular and priced well too. Struggling to find good quality black jeans I didn't took any chances when I managed to the find the only 31 inch 19cm available in London. Bought it with pride and joy.

just got my 19cm MIJ's in the mail and after all my worrying that 19cm's would be way too small for me they fit great. The pocketbags aren't even that noticable so with a little stretch they will be perfect.

only question I have since I've never seen Diors in real life before, are they suppose to have "Dior" written on any buttons or anything? All my buttons are just plain silver on the front and dont say Dior anywhere. I'm not really worried about authenticity because the construction seems really solid but I got a steal of a deal on them and just want to make 100% sure.

after the exchange rate (go US dollar!!!) and live.com discount I pickedthese up new with tags for $172.50 shipped!!!

just got my 19cm MIJ's in the mail and after all my worrying that 19cm's would be way too small for me they fit great. The pocketbags aren't even that noticable so with a little stretch they will be perfect.

only question I have since I've never seen Diors in real life before, are they suppose to have "Dior" written on any buttons or anything? All my buttons are just plain silver on the front and dont say Dior anywhere. I'm not really worried about authenticity because the construction seems really solid but I got a steal of a deal on them and just want to make 100% sure.

after the exchange rate (go US dollar!!!) and live.com discount I pickedthese up new with tags for $172.50 shipped!!!

Nice! Where did you get them?

The buttons should just be plain silver and have nothing on them. Sounds like you got a legit deal!

cool, thanks man...

they were originally in the market way down with no posts in the tread and the seller never bumped it. He was from Sweden with 1 post on here so I was a little leery at first by he had legit eBay feedback so I had him set up an auction and got em within a week! I'm loving saving 25% on everything I buy, it'll be a sad day in my world when that offer gets pulled for good.

DH jeans are highly discrete designer jeans. There should be a black leather flap on the inside with Dior written on it in silver, plus there is another white standard flap for washing guidance that states "made in Japan". Other than that it's the quality of the fabric that speak for itself.

appreciate the input...

leather Dior tag and MIJ tag are all good, those are the ones I've seen in pics and such so I knew those were suppose to be like they were and I know Diors aren't suppose to be rigid like the other drys I have but the denim is still great quality. The ft on the 19cms is pretty damn sweet, no wonder it gets hyped up all the time, it's well deserved. I'll try to get some fit pics up after some slight stretching and as soon as I purchase a new camera

It was kind of hard to take a picture of, but you should get the idea:

silverselvage.jpg

thanks!! those look great. but im still contemplating whether to get a pair of MIJ 19cm black raws or those silver selvedge ones. price wise from what i know is roughly the same. want to get a pair before i enter university next year so i can get some 24/7 wear on them :)