Dior Homme Denim

midnight

Just received a secondhand black MIJ raws in 29, and they have slightly different geometry to MIJ indigo I have had.

I don't know if this is the curse of second hand, but the entire leg stream is slightly bigger (noticeably in thigh) but hem is smaller. What the heck?!

May as well just alter this pair.. I can't stand wider thighs. Pics will be up soon.

raw jeans mij indigo:

hey, im not sure of my true waist size, where should i measure to find it? how far below my belly button? i dont want my jeans riding up my ass lol.

also, 19 cm vs 21 cm? i have somewhat bow-leggedness so would 19 cm accentuate that? i dont really wear skinny jeans either, so should i go with the 21 cm?

im 6 feet 165 lbs, still growing in weight (gym and eating), expect to be 180 lean in a year ish

ill measure in a bit. im not really planning to put on weight so ill get the 19cm. i wont put much on my legs anyways.

say im a 33 true waist. does that mean that this is the process id use to find out which size jeans i need?

-> 33-1 (stretching) = 32

32-2 (vanity sizing) = size 30

so if i was 33 inch true waist id probably want size 30 jeans, correct? how much are the jeans supposed to stretch

ill measure in a bit. im not really planning to put on weight so ill get the 19cm. i wont put much on my legs anyways.

say im a 33 true waist. does that mean that this is the process id use to find out which size jeans i need?

-> 33-1 (stretching) = 32

32-2 (vanity sizing) = size 30

so if i was 33 inch true waist id probably want size 30 jeans, correct? how much are the jeans supposed to stretch

I understand that not everyone can visit a Dior boutique or reseller, but really, there is no substitute for actually trying on a pair of jeans yourself. The tagged size of Diors varies from season to season, and there are no hard and fast rules about finding the "correct" size any more, even with raws. (I own Diors in sizes 28–30.)

If you can make it to a store, try to find a tight pair that you can do up three or four buttons on. If you can get the clasp done up, they're too loose.

I understand that not everyone can visit a Dior boutique or reseller, but really, there is no substitute for actually trying on a pair of jeans yourself. The tagged size of Diors varies from season to season, and there are no hard and fast rules about finding the "correct" size any more, even with raws. (I own Diors in sizes 28–30.)

If you can make it to a store, try to find a tight pair that you can do up three or four buttons on. If you can get the clasp done up, they're too loose.

wow really? so you have a lot of experience with dior raw denim? didnt know it had to be that tight, any fit pics you have of worn-in raws?

You have to decide what kind of a fit you want. Buying raws that are tight and having them stretch is great but when you wash them they shrink up a bit. I've had several pairs of Dior raws over the years and can't do the buy them when you can't button all buttons and still have a good fit after washing them. The fit depends on your build and how if you want tight or a little looser. If you're 165 I'd say a size 30 would be really difficult unless you have really skinny legs. I'm 165, a little shy of 6ft and go 32 for most Diors nowadays and even 33 for Mij pairs, but also don't like the tight look anymore.

You have to decide what kind of a fit you want. Buying raws that are tight and having them stretch is great but when you wash them they shrink up a bit. I've had several pairs of Dior raws over the years and can't do the buy them when you can't button all buttons and still have a good fit after washing them. The fit depends on your build and how if you want tight or a little looser. If you're 165 I'd say a size 30 would be really difficult unless you have really skinny legs. I'm 165, a little shy of 6ft and go 32 for most Diors nowadays and even 33 for Mij pairs, but also don't like the tight look anymore.

yeah im really unsure of the size of my waist... im getting these chinos soon which are 33.5" so ill see how those fit. do diors look good without the tight look? and what do you mean by that? like 21 cm? or just loose

im not sure if i want to go for dior MIJ, or for true MIJ denim from sites such as Blue in Green and Self Edge.

what makes the difference? i want to buy one type, but im really unsure =[

with dior i have the opportunity to get a size exchange (LVA says you have one free exchange), but with denim from Blue in Green and Self Edge it would seem to be more complicated..

convince me based on the jeans themselves! ill be wearing them a lot.. so i wanna make the right choice.

or should i even just go for apcs?

ALSO: important---

*** FIT:

how does the 19 cm fit and 21 cm fit correspond with APC? I don't have any places i could sample dior, but theres an urban outfitters not far from my house where i could sample those for the fit, and know which i would prefer in terms of Dior as well. thanks.

Advancedart, those are some great jeans. I'd love to get a pair, but I'm too worried that I'll totally rip them through within a few wears. Here's my newest pair of Diors (MIJ Clawmark, not sure of year, need to figure that out):

64f1260a_rsz_dior_clawmark_002.jpeg

I couldn't find a great deal on a slimmer fit, so I just bought them in a 21cm and had a tailor alter them to fit identically to my 17.5cm Ink Mes. Unfortunately, I'm really addicted to my new 17.5cm MII raws that I've been wearing daily for nearly 2 months now, so these have only gotten about one hour of wear so far. Haha...

Hey..

Just a question on stretch denim from dior.

All my jeans from dior have been the 100% version.

Just will like to know what to expect from one that is 97% cotton and 3% polyuethane - do they lose their shape fast etc etc or any other issues.

So if im wearing a size 26 in the MIJ 100% cotton raw, will i be able to fit in to a pair of size 26 MIJ 97% cotton 3% polyethane waxed jeans?

Advancedart, those are some great jeans. I'd love to get a pair, but I'm too worried that I'll totally rip them through within a few wears. Here's my newest pair of Diors (MIJ Clawmark, not sure of year, need to figure that out):

64f1260a_rsz_dior_clawmark_002.jpeg

I couldn't find a great deal on a slimmer fit, so I just bought them in a 21cm and had a tailor alter them to fit identically to my 17.5cm Ink Mes. Unfortunately, I'm really addicted to my new 17.5cm MII raws that I've been wearing daily for nearly 2 months now, so these have only gotten about one hour of wear so far. Haha...

These look good man!