Dior Homme Denim

midnight

I'm reconsidering buying another pair. When I first got those it wasn't that tight maybe I'm getting fatter. No it wasn't spray painted, it just shitty camera and I take shitty pics. It is raw. Bought it few years ago washed once or twice.

Maybe consider sizing up one and going to a 21cm cut?

Jake sz 32. I just had a chance to wear it. I normally wear size 29 on other DH. I wore it too high, didn't I?

DSC01321.jpg

DSC01323.jpg

DSC01324.jpg

DSC01325.jpg

Wow, just what is your natural waist? My natural waist is 31 and this is how i wear my jaes 07 tagged size 32.

IMGP1579.jpg

IMGP1580-1.jpg

IMGP1581-1.jpg

IMGP1673.jpg

eh the fit isn't ideal as far as jakes go, but i think they are still wearable if you roll up the bottom a bit. i saw hedi doing that in the documentary about him and it helps give the jeans a slimmer appearance that is customary on jakes without having to alter them. take a pic of them like that. i think they will be fine like that, and you don't need to size up.

or else, you may only 1 size up like me and i sometimes wear them under my waist (note that jakes 07 has 34" measured waist). It gives slim looks and how small your legs are, but not super skinny looks

I know it is too tight. I said the shitty camera because someone asked me if I spray painted those. I'm not going for another one. I'm looking for another jeans right now.

Shitty camera/lighting doesn't change the fact that they are too tight and make you look like a girl.

Your hips/butt/legs are too big to wear them. Nothing is going to change that.

yeah these look nice.... although i would personally size 1 up to get big room in the calf, i think it's one way to make people don't look too tight in jake as it gives more like a very skinny straight leg jeans instead of legging look (can't describe it well but i hope you people get what i mean). i saw this pic on some site, don't think the jeans is jake but the fit is very nice, also consider the amount of stacking, i don't think the model is very tall either

taka_design_my_life-img600x475-1248.jpg

Guest eugen eugen

so how do jakes fit? are they 17,5 cm oder 19cm? sorry just have some mij dior sz 30. my true waist is 32. should i get 33? will they stretch?

let me know. me legs arent that big but i have muscular calves..

they are 17.5.cm, made from 98.5% cotton and 1.5% elasthane or whatever material it is which causes the jeans to stretch when its worn, but will stretch back to its original shape when it is not worn. but that goes to jakes 07 and im not sure for the 09 version is also using the same material

If you have muscular calves, i would recommend to not get jakes (or any 17.5cm cut) but rather 19cm cut

well i agree with calvinc if you really do have big calves, but if it's not big enough to look tight in these cutting then you'll be fine, depending on how big it is actually. but i think most people have problem on the thigh, so if you have small thigh you can always size up a bit for more room in the calves.

Just to generalise here - unless you're over 6ft, anyone wearing size 30s and up in 19cm raws probably shouldn't be wearing 17.5s. In fact, you'd have to be close to 6ft for 28s and 29s to look good. Many of the guys who post fit pics don't really have the body structure to be wearing 19s, let alone 17.5s. The reality is that Dior's don't look good on everyone.

^^ I agree with vee. It just depends on your body type and the exact cut of the jeans. Even among the 17.5cms there is variation.

Last season I bought Hours of Light, a gray wash 17.5. The 29 fit my waist, but the legs gave me the leggings look. I sized up to 30 and although loose in the waist, overall they are much better, one of my favorite fits in fact.

Same for Total Eclipse from F08. I debated between two sizes and ended up getting the bigger one, which again gave me the slim leg without the leggings look.

On the other hand, this season there was that graduated fade jeans (black to white). They were so skinny in the legs that even sizing up to 33 (!) the legs were still too tight, and the waist was completely falling down.

Just depends on the way your built and the way the jeans are cut.

Just to generalise here - unless you're over 6ft, anyone wearing size 30s and up in 19cm raws probably shouldn't be wearing 17.5s. In fact, you'd have to be close to 6ft for 28s and 29s to look good. Many of the guys who post fit pics don't really have the body structure to be wearing 19s, let alone 17.5s. The reality is that Dior's don't look good on everyone.

^^ i concur. Imo, 17.5cm cut is best for the ones who are in the lower range of normal Body Mass index, and 19cm cut is best for the upper range of BMI. *edit: upper range of Normal BMI*

Im awaiting for my first 19cm pair, orange overdyes. Been looking one for almost a year. Hope it will turn out good lol

Just a question here,

I tried Dark Clouds 19cm at a boutique at 29". My true waist is around 29.5". The waist fits me w/o being stuck to my skin or loose enough to put a finger in.

Since we have brought up the point of the fit for the thighs and below, i am wondering after some time, will the width around the thigh to the ankles stretch abit?

^ Have you owned a pair of jeans before?

Denim stretches when it has pressure applied to it. Even if the waist is not real tight it will still stretch a bit because pressure is applied when you sit down etc. The thigh will stretch if the jeans are tight around the thigh, and again, they don't have to be skin tight because they will stretch from the natural movement of wear. Jeans will not normally stretch around the calf and ankle because there is not enough pressure applied in those areas.

Dude, come on, this is pretty basic knowledge for anyone who has worn a pair of jeans before, let a lone someone posting on a denim forum. The question of Dior's stretching has been discussed countless times in this thread.

PLEASE NOTE: Alot of people buy Dior's way too tight because they are under the impression that they are gonna stretch out a heap. If they look like shit when you first put them on then no amount of stretching is gonna make them look good. To reiterate what I said above, some people just do not have the body structure for Dior's. I hate to sound like a jerk, but that's the reality.