Post pics of under 18 girls from lookbook.nu you like

Fuuma

Those born in the 90s are addicted to fame/recognition and social networking. lookbook.nu combines these two vices with the added bonuses of vanity and unwarranted self-importance.

It's an interesting idea; a sort of style blog leveraging web 2.0. I'm ashamed I just said that but that's the best way to put it. I just feel like an alien reading it, hard to relate.

It's an interesting idea; a sort of style blog leveraging web 2.0. I'm ashamed I just said that but that's the best way to put it. I just feel like an alien reading it, hard to relate.

it's the instant gratification pool of those born within the time frame of 88-90. It seems those of my generation are obsessed with the narcissism that defined my parents generation (the Me generation), and are looking to rehash it and claim it as their own.

Web 2.0 = The Second Coming of the Me Generation

But this time due to the internet and all this social networking bs, it is far more prevalent, much more depressing, and ultimately more heinous than what our parents perpetrated on society.

it's the instant gratification pool of those born within the time frame of 88-90. It seems those of my generation are obsessed with the narcissism that defined my parents generation (the Me generation), and are looking to rehash it and claim it as their own.

Web 2.0 = The Second Coming of the Me Generation

But this time due to the internet and all this social networking bs, it is far more prevalent, much more depressing, and ultimately more heinous than what our parents perpetrated on society.

You can't be consciously aiming to re-hash something you're unaware of...

Not that I agree as there's a difference between glorifying rebellious individualism and aching for social recognition.

while the premise title for this thread is out of hand/line [i expect to hear from the admins of that site soon]...

this has turned into an interesting discussion..

sometimes i look at that site and wonder what i am doing [posting there] given that age profile of users is mostly young.

what surprises me more than any kind of licentious behavior [after all i live in a place where bebo is the most popular social networking site and most users are young] some of these people take incredible photos of themselves, so many list occupation as aspiring photographer, and i don't doubt that.

yes most amazingly most of the pictures on there are clear, well composed/edit and the outfits are generally better than average. Considering most girls dont even know how to use a point and shoot i'm suprised how there are this many vain talented young people

not to mention tasty looking gurls

You can't be consciously aiming to re-hash something you're unaware of...

Not that I agree as there's a difference between glorifying rebellious individualism and aching for social recognition.

see thats where I think this necessity to show ones self to everyone comes from.

These children are aware of what their parents grew up in, and it is glorified in their eyes, but their youthful enthusiasm takes it to the next level - if our parents did this, why can't we do it in a way that is vocal and visual to everyone? They're rehashing it in a way that does not reflect their parents aesthetic and generational values, but more the values that they have learned in the time they grew up. What I'm saying is, they're not doing exactly what their parents did, but they are mimicking it in a way that is accessible to them that was not accessible to our parents.

The internet has effectively removed the middleman that our parents had to endure. We can all now show ourselves as we please, and edit out any imperfections without ever having to meet one another face to face.

EDIT:

What's more is I believe that these children are simultaneously unaware about the shortcomings and problems their parents endured as a product of their generation. My generation has no foresight, even when referring to politics. It's all smash and grab/instant gratification. So when Hap refers to these kids listing themselves as "aspiring photographers", how honest can that self-promotion be? My generation has more of an attention deficit to everything but themselves that I wouldn't be surprised that they see this as another passing fad. Eventually photography will become played because someone, somewhere will dictate that photography is no longer the viable format for expressing ones rebellion and self-promotion, even if in reality it is (in a visual sense).

Pervert/pedo ass niggah.

Did you read the fucking thread and understand the point I was making? That'd be ephebophile anyway as they're teenagers not children.

while the premise title for this thread is out of hand/line [i expect to hear from the admins of that site soon]...

this has turned into an interesting discussion..

sometimes i look at that site and wonder what i am doing [posting there] given that age profile of users is mostly young.

what surprises me more than any kind of licentious behavior [after all i live in a place where bebo is the most popular social networking site and most users are young] some of these people take incredible photos of themselves, so many list occupation as aspiring photographer, and i don't doubt that.

I don't see them as lame or stupid I mentioned the site is well made and seem to be working, I just have some trouble understanding the demographic it targets, I guess.

Although a lot of these girls are cute and well dressed and have good pictures, an equal amount look absurdly full of themselves and say their jobs are being 'muses'. I just made an account and I feel weird posting my non-scene-style with these gurlz.

Also I found a thirteen year old.

there's something awkward and kinda unhealthy coming from lookbook imo, you summed it up quite well, this idea of quick fame and stuff, and also all those 16-18... looks like costuming to me, showing off new disguise and taking nice pictures in the process (which is something great actually)...

i also don't feel like posting my pictures on it, i don't think i'm in the same trip as they are... i feel the same as timber.

as long as they don't know what my name on lookbook means ahah.

there's something awkward and kinda unhealthy coming from lookbook imo, you summed it up quite well, this idea of quick fame and stuff, and also all those 16-18...

as long as they don't know what my name on lookbook means ahah.

There's a girl called "strawberryminou" on thefashionspot, I don't think she speaks french so I avoided the perverted comments.

NARCISSIM + INTERNETZ + CONSUMERISM = LOOKBOOK

I feel old on that site too.

That said.

I can't stand the site very much anymore.

I posted there for two weeks.

Then realized everyone adheres to the same ideologies.

And fashionz.

Its WACK cuz everyone ROOKALIKE.

And why does everyone wear nerdy glasses.

And pout and can't stand straight.

FUCKING ANNOYING BULLSHIT.

Plus all the stylists + photographers that just post their got damn work.

Great.

Now we continue to try to achieve some unrealistic asthetic that you try to push down our throats by the media.

FUCK THAT.

AT LEAST THERE AREN'T TOO MANY GOTH NINJAS.

GOTH NINJAS ARE THE WORST>>>>

the thing is this is not isolated to lookbook or the internet

i see young girls all the time caught up in parties, electro/indie scenes, and going out every night and knowing people that know people that know people when they should be doing their math homework and shopping at the gap

this is code for "professional girlfriend of guys in bands"

Timber, are you afraid you'll look like an old maid compared to these young tarts?

Not an old maid, just a boring maid. Also the fact most of these girls are younger then my sister gives me the creepssss..born in '92 and onwards.