On the ground: Fall/Winter 08-09 Collections, Store Buys, Editorials and Opinions

I want to create a space to discuss the season at hand (wherever you are around the world) on a ground level, posting personal highlights from the collections, impressions of store buys, excerpts from editorial shoots in traditional and online media, and observations of trends (for better or worse). It's hard to be across the whole scope of global fashion, distilling the good from the bad is a bigger job still, but I welcome contributions on what you're seeing locally and in your media.

rgfw08.05.jpg

Robert Geller FW08, Den in-store lookbook

was going to create a "what will you look like this fall/winter", came upon this thread...bump for a good idea, and to get discussion moving...

Really like the New England look, as always...going to try and integrate some of the forward-prep of the summer into wintery hunters looks...the pic above is unreal, and actually comes quite close to the overall aesthetic I'd love to achieve this upcoming season. I am damned excited for FW.

would be nice if this could also be used with people updating with buys from stores... if u livin in nyc or whatever, let us know!

this winter i will be dressed like hella hyphy last winter except i will pay twice as much to look twice as shitty

boo2ep5.jpg

The Band of Outsiders FW08 line is probably the line I'll draw most of my inspiration from. Definitely looking to pick up a pair of those boots, lots of button downs, sweaters... lame basics essentially. I love Geller's fw08 collection, and will probably buy a select piece or two from it, but I don't think the overall aesthetic would suit me.

robert's fall collection is surprisingly veristile just as his ss08 was, so don't count it out. also the b.o.o aw is very strong. r&b is actually one that i like alot too dark and nice fabrics from whats shown up already.

boo2ep5.jpg

The Band of Outsiders FW08 line is probably the line I'll draw most of my inspiration from. Definitely looking to pick up a pair of those boots, lots of button downs, sweaters... lame basics essentially. I love Geller's fw08 collection, and will probably buy a select piece or two from it, but I don't think the overall aesthetic would suit me.

indeed, and definitely going to pick up some boo as well

robert's fall collection is surprisingly veristile just as his ss08 was, so don't count it out. also the b.o.o aw is very strong. r&b is actually one that i like alot too dark and nice fabrics from whats shown up already.

why am i having so much difficulty finding R&B FW08 pics??

im really feeling that Band of Outsiders fall stuff. They have some dope button down shooting shirts. 'lame basic's with a modern twist is a good description. those boots are good. I would be happy between APC and BoO, maybe some Rag and Bone, and a bit of NDG. I could be completely broke and well dressed with those lines

FUCK YOU

also, yes.

r&b, ndg, boo, apc for me too :( prob not much R&B though, i can't get down with mary j blige

mang you guys got it all wrong, too next-level

in the winter it's all about woolrich, brooks brothers, polo/rrl, pendleton, russell (shoes), canada goose, gant and the army/navy surplus

research your fundamentals before you spend yer money on all these contemporary brands... but definitely pepper that wardrobe with standout pieces from ndg, boo, visvim, ervell, filippa and if you're rich enough: watanabe, n(n) and browne