Suspenders - who rocks them?

Paul T

Only got a pic of my Denime. Taken last may.

img2114u.jpg

1st post here...

I love jeans with suspender button....diggin out this Denime ,come with cinch back and braces button ...classy yet stylo.

Wearing pants with suspender is cool .will post mine soon.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I'd like to start wearing some pants with suspenders, jeans and duck.

The rising sun pants as eltopo is wearing them look awesome but they're out my range.

Do you have any recommendations?

It seems that the Warehouse 1880 Old West Duck duck pants are similar to the Neustadters. The duck fabric doesn't seem to be as dark though.

What about the fit of the LVC 1901, 1915, 1917 and 1922s?

tia

• 2 weeks later...

bought a pair for my dad a while ago. i thought there were rather nice, so i had go back for a pair of my own.

local store in berlin focusing on nice, but standard belts. seems like they are outsourcing the elastic and the hardware for the braces, but the leather straps/ears are crafted in their own workshop.

c2f6cce7.jpg

5ee0ec72.jpg

92a6ae85.jpg

bd79de7f.jpg

clip-on buttons are included as per picture...

Edited by Foxy2

So in all the examples the buttons are on the outside, does anyone wear them on the inside? I enjoy the look but the misses "despises" the buttons on the outside.

On tailored suits you wear the back inside and the front outside.

With sewn-on buttons you can wear them inside without injuringing yourself...

Lovely suspenders in this thread. I actually have a pair too, but I don't rock them that much. They came with a pair of jeans I bought long time ago and were part of the package (If anyone wants to know. Levi's Red Label, some really baggy cut, denim is 50% hemp). Lovely jeans, really for a lazy sunday (the fit, that is). Don't rock them much, shame though...

• 1 month later...

What do you feel twatty about the suspenders or the jeans? I really like the suspenders, but it looks like the buttons on the jeans are a little to close and it looks a little funky, but not bad, just different. You could rip the buttons off the jeans and install some new ones that are spaced a little further apart.

i got the leather veg-tanned braces from context and am very, very happy with them. we've worked with our leathersmiths here in saint paul, MN Leatherworks on a couple small improvements (thinner crux in the back, more color options, width options, clasps/tabs). they should be available in the shop shortly.

in my opinion, braces/suspenders are perfect for the LVC 1954 501XXs and their high rise allowing them too appear slimmer because i'm wearing them higher than a belt would keep them.

this image ignited a small discussion on british skinhead style in the LVC thread:

photo-46.jpg

Edited by satchelbmoore

wow just read through the thread and i am INTERESTED. I need to have access to one of those presses in order to press the buttons into the jeans right? That or sewing buttons onto them..What is that type of press called?

I dont have any experience working with this kind of stuff but i'm wiling to learn...advice? I'd like to put some buttons on my jeans.

if you hand sew buttons on there, make to sure to have a backer button so they don't just rip out.

Edited by wgmds

Arbor press by hand, kick press by pneumatics. Alot of folks say they did them just fine with a hammer, but I had much better luck when I used an arbor press. It did a much better job deforming the pin in one fell swoop, and they just seemed tighter and less inclined to come apart (as did one of mine and potentially soon another applied in an alternate fashion). Any machine shop will have an arbor press, and will probably squish them in for you (they will probably think you're some kind of weirdo though). Also use good quality two piece buttons, not the fabric store variety. Bucksaw buttons worked well for me.

so where does one go to about acquiring these suspender buttons kits?

http://www.hanksclothing.com/suspender_buttons_buy.html

i did a little searching myself, and those mother fuckers are made in the usa! good job, carhartt.

http://www.hanksclot...uttons_buy.html

i did a little searching myself, and those mother fuckers are made in the usa! good job, carhartt.

just got those in the mail

the only thing i did not like about them is that the other side of the button is plastic

other than that pretty cool

less than $5 and made in the usa. i would rather have something domestic with plastic than imported with metal (i think).

• 2 months later...

Hoffnung Berlin - little store in Berlin which does belts.

For the suspenders they do the leather straps - the rest and the hardware, though it is good quality, I believe is outsourced.

Hoffnung Berlin - little store in Berlin which does belts.

For the suspenders they do the leather straps - the rest and the hardware, though it is good quality, I believe is outsourced.

they look really nice.

googled to see if they have online shop. couldnt find anything.

This is their website: http://www.hoffnung-berlin.de/

This is their online shop: http://shop-hoffnung-berlin.de/index.php?route=common/home

Couldn't find the suspenders online - they were around 60€ - I posted a few pictures further up this page

(send a pm if you want me to proxy them for you - you could also give them a call.)

Edited by Foxy2

Lofgren has some pretty nice suspenders. Fairly well priced.

I think some are listed on eBay on his shop.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOFGREN-JAPAN-VINTAGE-TYPE-RABBIT-EAR-SUSPENDERS-Brown-/150786982814?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231b9ac39e