Suspenders - who rocks them?

Paul T

@Bill, what boots are you wearing at the pic, while wearing white shirt with a brown tie? red wings? these look great!

those are the white's semi dress i believe, by the way, is there any specific suspenders that you prefer, bill? like the slim one or like the fatter one or certain color?

We can also see the evolution of his hair style on those pics

sooo, at what kind of establishment can i get suspender buttons put on my samurais? can i do it myself? where should i get some suspenders, while im at it.

A tailor should be able to do the suspender buttons, easily. Although I would check what kind of buttons they are trying to put on there before you get them to do it, cause most of them would replace buttons with plain nickel ones.

I would think Boyd's (since you are from Philly) would have a considerable suspender selection based on the amount of suits they have.

those are the white's semi dress i believe, by the way, is there any specific suspenders that you prefer, bill? like the slim one or like the fatter one or certain color?

We can also see the evolution of his hair style on those pics

I'm wearing Stronghold suspenders in all the pics.... They are very outdoorsy, oil tan leather, and good elastic/cotton webbing. We have the light brown, gray w/black leather, and a few of the green with blue stripes I think.... they are $40

As those of you that have been to the store can attest... I keep a kickpress in the store for buttoning and riveting. Any sufu members who'd like suspender button's on their jeans can always come on by the store, or send me a pm.

And yes...my hair.... jesus tapdancing christ... its like watching an Oprah retrospective... Currently its greased back with enough Murray's to lubricate a battleship..

All I ask is that one's braces not be those that clip to the waist. I can't get past those. I haven't tried braces with jeans, but you gents pull it off nicely, I must say. I do wear them with corduroy or moleskin pants, and work pants from 45rpm. I saw Social D perform, and Mike Ness had those bad boys hanging under his Dickie-type work shirt and pants. Straight-up punk.

I'm wearing Stronghold suspenders in all the pics.... They are very outdoorsy, oil tan leather, and good elastic/cotton webbing. We have the light brown, gray w/black leather, and a few of the green with blue stripes I think.... they are $40

As those of you that have been to the store can attest... I keep a kickpress in the store for buttoning and riveting. Any sufu members who'd like suspender button's on their jeans can always come on by the store, or send me a pm.

And yes...my hair.... jesus tapdancing christ... its like watching an Oprah retrospective... Currently its greased back with enough Murray's to lubricate a battleship..

Just called Bill at The Stronghold and two pairs of Suspenders are on their way to Texas.

If only there was a Stronghold website which I could peruse.

Sounds like you sell everything I'm into.

the suspenders I posted are also Stronghold suspenders. The buttons on the jeans were put on courtesy of Bill.

sooo, at what kind of establishment can i get suspender buttons put on my samurais? can i do it myself?

If you can't get a pro to do it for you, it's pretty easy to do on your own. You need a hammer and a sharp skewer.

The buttons come in two parts, the wider, female part that ends up on the outside of the waistband and the narrower male part that end up on the inside. Make a hole in the waistband where you want the button, then pass the male part of the button through. Then, balance the female part on top (you may find it difficult to get the female bit to balance, in which case use a matchstick or two to keep it in place). Next, give it a good smack with your hammer. Hey presto!

NDG_ss08_ImageBook_74.jpg

I got myself a pair of NDG rancher jeans (from SS08) recently. They have suspender buttons, however the ones on the back are far apart. So, I need some braces like these to hold 'em up (note the back button connectors on these are not joined together):

f200tan_detail.jpg

Any idea where I could pick some up, in London or NY? Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

Did some suspender buttons for our very own 40ozProphet. Here're some pics of the process and final result! I think they look perfectly at home paired up with his Sammy bucklebacks

Our Kick Press....

photo-8.jpg

photo-7.jpg

photo-9.jpg

photo-10.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Pig flu !!!!!!!!! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...