• Sugar Cane 1947
    • Sugar Cane 1945
    • Fullcount 0105
    • Studio D'Artisan 101

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from HJJ I'm now more comfortable with using Thai denim.

I received an e-mail from Gordon in regards to the contest. He asked me what kind of cut we were looking for, any other customizing details, and about how many people to expect taking part. I told him a '47 cut, custom patch, arcs/tab if we can, 36"+ inseam, and denim heavier than 13oz.

He's going to take that information and approach the other companies he works with and see who might be interested.

plongin, I don't want you to think that i'm going around your back. I'm just looking at all options to see what will work best for the group as a whole.

good to hear gordon is willing to help out, no offense to plongin but id probably only be in if we used an established japanese brand

to think about it, im a cool either way. We never really ever tried thai denim before and it could be a start or something great....or.....it could end up horribly.

but i don't mind which route we take. If we go with plongin, it'd be interesting to customize since we can probably accommodate everyone's preferences

36" inseam, donut buttons, cinch backs, etc., etc.

do we need to start counting heads?

if so, we can start a snowballing list.

I think we should wait until the jeans are chosen and we'll start the list then. That way everyone can agree on what the jeans will have on them.

If it's plongin we go with the possibilities could be endless. If it's an established Japanese company we go with then maybe not so and maybe it will be more expensive. In the end we'll decide and go from there.

I think this contest rulezors more than the Self Edge even though we haven't found our jeans yet.

that's a good idea. we'll wait what flash gordon can provide us and if we don't like it, i guess we can go with a different option. but whatever gordon provides us we will like it.

INCREDIBLE FADEZOOORZZZZZZ...LEETTZZZZ GOOOOOOOOO

Like I mentioned before, i'm looking your way to come up with a patch for this contest. I really liked what you came up with for the Dry Bones contest so I'm certain you can come up with something sweet for this one.

Sorry, i'm at work and I realize my sentence wording is coming off "worky".

Anyone have a name we can attach to this? I was thinking something like "Average Joe" but that's too Nudie.

^ not average joes, that IS a nudie jeans.

of course, since im going to be part of this contest, i will try to come out with some arcs + patch. contestants..DESIGN!

I GOT ONE...HERE GOES

INTRODUCING....

THE REGULARS:

Introducing the first regular cut with thai denim.......T-R001xxxxxx ( (T)hai cut - ®egular001xxx) INCREDIBLE FADEZOORRZZS

This is the pair of Thai levis i've been wearing, lost count of the no. of washes though. Was really rough with the jeans, which resulted in the knee hole and other minor damages.

The white spot on the pelvis area is a self repair and not a photo defect :)

P1040844.jpg

P1040845.jpg

Mr. Invincible, Gordon was telling me that changing the arcs would increase the price of the jeans and suggested sticking with what the brand provided, if any. He also said that because of the lawsuit we couldn't add a tab. That doesn't mean someone couldn't add one after getting the jeans.

I also told him that we are looking to spend between $150-200 on these jeans but no more than that.

^what is gordon putting together for this project? i haven't been following closely, but can someone who's "in charge" give us an update b/c i'm completely lost. is plongin sewing up fake thai denim in his bathroom? is gordon making another contest jean w/ a relatively low-key brand? are we using some ugly ass take-5 creation?

one last time:

why, why, why, can't we use sugar cane 1945's for this contest? it is the PERFECT solution:

inexpensive: check

uncommon model (on sufu): check

roomy cut: check

uncommon denim (LHT): check

readily available in many sizes: check

reputable brand: check

NOT ANOTHER FUCKING LEVIS LOOKALIKE: check

it seems like these meet our needs, and i'm sure SOMEONE could get in touch w/ sugar cane to get a decent deal on a large order (50+?)

i figured people would jump on this like whoa. why no hype? why you make me write checklist?

the sugar canes only come in a 36 inseam right?

by the time that shrinks down it's like 33 or 32... way to short

more like a 34. fuck it, i still doubt that there's a large amount of people who are seriously interested in this contest that genuinely "need' a 34+ inseam (read: normal length, not stacking)

more like a 34. fuck it, i still doubt that there's a large amount of people who are seriously interested in this contest that genuinely "need' a 34+ inseam (read: normal length, not stacking)

Yes, I genuinely need a 34 inseam without stacking, rolling, cuffing or otherwise folding.

If it's shorter than a 34 then you can see my socks, and I don't like looking like I'm a flood volunteer.

Hey DP, thanks for the update.

if we need or feel like the need to have arcs and patch, then i'll do some mock ups.

if we can't or don't want to spend extra money, then i won't.

it's no biggy. Either way, im interested in the contest and I would like to know what Gordon can help us with with the customization.

In my opinion, i would like to have some sort of customization where I can walk down the street, spot a contestant and say "HEy, NICE FADEZOORRZ!"

but If we go with the 1945, I am ok with that too. I don't understand about the red tab thing, but is there a work-around to that?

can we just attack a tab somewhere else? It's not a BIG preference of mine, but if we can, GREAT, if we can't, oh well/

I THINK, that if we get enough contestants and choose to go with a 1945, SUGAR CANE should consider to make 36" inseams? i don't think the inseams shrink that much. As of now, the SUGAR CANE 1945 seems probably the best? What does Gordon have in mind with the brands?

Looking at the Thai Denim, it looks good, but something is keeping me from sitting down and clicking OK.

45's do sound dope,

not so sure about whats been going on in the other contest thread but I am seriously doubting that my thighs will fit in those DB's with the mock up measurements and all. This looks a little more up my alley.

also, if anyone is ok with the brand sugar canes

i will email tonight to Tom and we will discuss plans and ideas to get this contest going.

and no worries, i can't forget you tall people, i will mention if we can get 36" inseams

who da fuck is tom? if he's from Toyo/SC, then god bless. let's make this '45 thing happen.