2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

I really like jimmy's patch. The way it features all 3 of the different company's is very well done. I also love the idea of the golden gate with the wave. If that is a realistic idea, I think it is practically perfect. I like the idea of something new. I don't really want some mock levis arcs or patch, so originality is great imo. And kiya, just wondering, but are the hidden arcs an expensive extra or are they realistic to be thinking about? I like the idea of them. Also a big thanks to self edge, beatle, jimmy, ect for working so hard on this. It's nice to see everybody listening to everybody elses ideas and shit.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some quick thoughts..

-i still really like Jimmy's original patch design

-hidden arcs, i wouldn't do it.. it's been done recently with the BiG collaboration.. and not only that, if we're looking to keep costs low, unusual requests such as that will increase the cost

-hidden rivets and cotton/poly stitch for sure

Guest shuka
I'm on the same boat here.

me too. i especially like the colors james used on his patch, which are a lot more understated than the bold colors in jimmy's. like someone already suggested, using those colors on the jimmy patch could be kinda cool. i also think that once the patch is produced, it'll look a lot more subtle. right now, jimmy's patch has some pixelated edges and very sharp edges, which i dont think you could produce on a patch even if you tried.

anyway, i really liked the katakana "su fu." can we incorporate that on the tab? can we even have a custom tab?

So...it's Dry Bones denim FOR SURE? I must have missed that part somewhere with all the tab/patch/arc madness.

Nah, it's not FOR SURE. But it does seem that a lot of people are leaning that way because

1) people have already seen tons of examples of the FH 3XXX denim (though if we did use FH denim, I think Kiya said we'd try to get the 5XXX),

2) FH will be more expensive than DB, and

3) we can customize more with DB than FH.

2upa844.jpg

personally, i still like jimmyc's better

but i made this one and figured i might as well post it on here

basically just combining my first two

and taking away all japanese symbols

This patch here is far and away my favorite of them. The superfuture being where it is is kind of an eyesore, but I love everything else.

Note: I say that's an eyesore, but if you saw anything I ever drew, you would gouge your eyes out, so take my statement for what it's worth.

It was fun just to knock ideas around.

James, can you put together more of a printed look for your designs? I think that's a strong point in Jimmy's, since it sounds like embossing would cost more.

James, i like how your patch was before. Before superfuture was on the top left. It looks to cluttered if superfuture is on the top left because of the bird/eagle and the wave being there. I think it looks better with superfuture on the bottom right.

My 2cents

I think I like Jimmy C's patch the best, but that aside I'd rather go with Iron Heart denim that Dry Bone also is there an approximate date for these? I havn't been reading the whole topic haha.

fm47dg.jpg

This is ownage. I love it.

Nah, it's not FOR SURE. But it does seem that a lot of people are leaning that way because

1) people have already seen tons of examples of the FH 3XXX denim (though if we did use FH denim, I think Kiya said we'd try to get the 5XXX),

2) FH will be more expensive than DB, and

3) we can customize more with DB than FH.

I would suggest not doing Dry Bones as well. I'd LOVE if it we could do some really heavy weight denim with these jeans as the release might be December, we could get some warm heavy duty jeans that people would want to wear non stop. I am in love with the wave I'm so glad you guys took that image I posted and added it to the bridge. This one and Jimmy's colored ones are the best so far.

instead of the hidden arcs, is it possible to get the blue arcs in Jimmyc's design in indigo or black thread? So it would be kind of like a hidden arc, but not really more like a barely visible arc and also have the other part of the design in orange or yellow thread.

And yet your username is max DESU, and we're already gonna be using Japanese denim...

maxdesu is a youtube username that i've been using for japanese practice

and it's also an easy email address to tell people/remember (my full name was already taken)

I just think the whole katakana/kanji thing is dumb. It's like those white guys who put like 力 on them and think it's cool.

Would it be cool if a japanese guy tattoo'd POWER or STRENGTH on their arm?

Wait...has someone even contacted the admins about putting Superfuture on the patch?

Beatle and I are handling all that as we speak.

maxdesu is a youtube username that i've been using for japanese practice

and it's also an easy email address to tell people/remember (my full name was already taken)

I just think the whole katakana/kanji thing is dumb. It's like those white guys who put like 力 on them and think it's cool.

Would it be cool if a japanese guy tattoo'd POWER or STRENGTH on their arm?

I think SLAB summed up the tongue-in-cheek spirit of doing such a thing:

I agree but lets have a contest in the real Japanese repro way -> English texts on tees from Japanese brands usually dont make much sense either ha

I do agree, going about it any more seriously than that (like the "white guy who thinks it's cool") would be pretty lame.