supermeatheads

kunk75

eh? from pictures i saw, looked like your traps werent bad.

for me, my traps came naturally when i started focusing more on back work outs. i never really did any work outs for my traps.

and i may be wrong but theres not much variety in trap work outs other than different variations of shrugs and pulls...but yeah, my advice sucks

seated cleans to overhead press are good. static overhead barbell holds are good. or seated low pulley rope rows. and of course shrugs.

my blown disks in my neck and back make trap work tough. used to shrug 5-600 for reps, now more like 315.

sissy

just get those discs removed

i know a guy in chinatown who can do it for you cheap

he works in the chinese bbq restaurant the rest of the time........

-2 sets pushups, 10 reps each set

-2 set bench press with dumbells, sometimes declined/inclined, 10 reps each set

I do that 4x week, and just the 20 pushups the other 3 days.

I was measured yesterday, and my chest is the same size as my waist. I look like a 9-year old girl. :(

like everyone said, that's way too much frequency.. I'd limit that to once or twice a week max depending on how fast you recover.. and ditch the pushups on the 3 days you don't workout..

you're not growing because you're never allowing for your muscles to recover..

example, my chest routine:

3-4 chest movements with only 2-3 sets of 6-12 each.. and that's only once a week

a slight incline is better than flat or extreme incline in terms of efficiency. the pecs have upper and lower but no central so incline/decline are better than flat.

thats cuz you workin out like a 9 year old girl.

jk.

pushups won't do much in increasing chest size, hit it heavy with the weights.

Agreed wit hthis work out but no benchpress?!

I see benchpess as crucial in building size and strength of chest.

i say, in this order:

3 sets benchpress - 7-10 reps - will build overall bulk and shape of chest

3 sets incline db press - 7-10 reps - even out your boobies

4 sets decline db press - 10 reps - dont want saggy titties now

3 sets of flyes, 7 reps each - sculpt that chest and broaden it out

and yeah, stick to twice a week max.

and from the sounds of it, you're a small guy who is having trouble getting bigger. you may want to consider taking up a gain diet if you want to get some good results.

Fuck my life, cardio kickboxing is killing me. I inspired myself to start doing it after I posted in the what do you weigh thread and I took my measurements. I've been doing it for a few days and so far I've lost two pounds, gained some muscle, and lost one inch in my chest and stomach. Pretty impressive (I think) for only doing it such a short time.

The best part is it's pretty fun. I'm pretty tall (6'4"), have long legs, and good balance so most of it is pretty natural for me.

Fuck my life, cardio kickboxing is killing me. I inspired myself to start doing it after I posted in the what do you weigh thread and I took my measurements. I've been doing it for a few days and so far I've lost two pounds, gained some muscle, and lost one inch in my chest and stomach. Pretty impressive (I think) for only doing it such a short time.

The best part is it's pretty fun. I'm pretty tall (6'4"), have long legs, and good balance so most of it is pretty natural for me.

You should try some brazilian jiu jitsu. With your height, I bet you could get some mean submissions and kill people and shit.

-2 sets pushups, 10 reps each set

-2 set bench press with dumbells, sometimes declined/inclined, 10 reps each set

I do that 4x week, and just the 20 pushups the other 3 days.

I was measured yesterday, and my chest is the same size as my waist. I look like a 9-year old girl. :(

Wow. This routine is terrible. No offense. Pushups will do nothing for size. You need to lift heavy, and four times a week? Dam....stick to each body part once a week.

Jiu Jitsu 3 times this week so far for my first week back for a whole year and another training session tomorrow. When I was training before I was 72kg (at 6'2") and now I'm 89kg so it's pretty difficult to get used to the differences but even the warm up is killing me! I know this is the meathead thread so this is a little off topic...

can anyone here reccomend a good thermogenic

i was looking into hot-rox by biotest

been hitting up the cardio for quite some time now, with moderate results (45 min a day)

want something to take it over the edge, yes i do lift, and i lift hard, so gaining muscle is not a problem, but losing fat always is

been hitting up the cardio for quite some time now, with moderate results (45 min a day)

want something to take it over the edge, yes i do lift, and i lift hard, so gaining muscle is not a problem, but losing fat always is

basic e/c (ephedrine/caffeine) is the cheapest and most reliable thermogenic

you can pick it up at any pharmacy basically

hot-rox is pretty decent but its overpriced in terms of what you can get out of plain e/c

also if losing fat is the main goal then diet should be your main concern. Seriously, unless you're taking shit like DNP then thermogenics would only equate to 1 lb of fat loss per month

hot-rox is the best legal option. clen and cytomel are the best illegal options.

i have easy access to clen and cytomel right now, what amount of clen per daily dosage do you reccomend

i was thinking start with 60mcg 3-days, then boost to 80 for 4 days

followed by 100 mcg for a week, i know the body gets very very accustomed to using clenbuterol after about 2 weeks, so i was wondering how to best avoid this. Dont know too much about cytomel other than i can get it...any thoughts

oh, and anyone wanna suggest a new back workout, this is what ive been doing recently and i need something to change it up

seated narrow-grip rows (cable) -- 150 X10 / 170 X 10 / 190 X 8 / 220 X 6

narrow grip lat pull (cable) --130 X 10 / 150 X 10 / 170 X 8 / 190 X 6

standing row / bent over row (freeweight) -- 115 X 12 / 135 X 12 / 160 X 8 / 180 X 8

Iso-Lat Pulldown (freeweight) -- 140 X 12 / 180 X 10 / 200 X 8 / 230 X 6

bent over row (freeweight) - 65 X 12 / 75 X 12 / 85 X 8 / 100 X 8

my ability to lift weight is not an issue as i can make really great progress in terms of weight lifted over the timespan of 2-3 weeks. Usually i try to bump the weight up every 2-3 weeks, and it seems to be working well. I'm just looking for a few substitutions to encourage maximum hypertrophy and try to gain some size really quickly.

i did the most difficult core exercise i've ever tried tonight. dumbell pushups combined with one-arm rows while holding yourself up with the other arm and your core. wanted to die.

That's a pretty decent exercise, but is it seriously the hardest core exercise you've tried? If your gym has some free motion machines I can tell you some more wicked stuff.

edit: random fun exercise for the day: Pushups with a stability ball and an upside-down BOSU ball. Hands go on the handles of the BOSU, one toe goes on the top of the stability ball, the other leg is straight but slightly raised so it doesn't touch the ball. Good for the chest, dynamic stabilizers, and core, but more importantly it's a fun progression of pushups and people will think you're goddamn superman.

edit: this says it better than me, except one leg should be totally off the ball. After you do one set on one leg, switch legs. When you first start, not falling off will kill your obliques, but it will get relatively easy in a few days.

Jen.PushupBT.DSL-opt.jpg

if you're too much of a badass for a wide grip and it's easy as pie, try using a diamond shaped hand position in the center of the BOSU ball instead. Never quite got that far.

cruise weeks are AWESOME!

yo how often do u cruise? and is that just going easier on ur CNS or a complete off week from training?

i know its a DC term or something, i dont do DC but have incorporated(sp?) a lot of DC stuff (extreme stretching, rest pausing, early morning cardio) into my regimen over time and find it useful... am contemplating a rest break since ive completed about 8 weeks of cutting and dont know where to go from here (am plateauing also)

anyone wanna suggest a new back workout

this might not be what youre looking for but this is the type of thing ill be doing for back today:

Wide grip lat pulldown - 2 very light sets, then 135 x 12-15, 145 x 10-12, 155 x 8-10

T-Bar rows (25lb plates) - 75lb x 12-15, 100 x 12, 125 x 10, 150 x 8

Wide grip pullups (3 sets) - each till fail

Bent Barbell Row - 135lb x fail, 155 x fail, 175 x fail

Deadlifts 135lb x 12, 225 x 10, 315 x 8, 365 x 5-6, 405 x fail

then cardio for 30 min. ghey

I go on a cruise week whenever my body tells me to.. which is every 8-10 weeks..

and I don't go to the gym at all during that week

that's got to be a little pricey. once every 8 to 10 weeks adds up, those things are usually at least 500 per passenger. the buffet's probably awesome for cheat meals and dat 16 year old pussy is lookin' to get loose once they get away from their parents in the main dining hall.

nyuk nyuk nyuk ;)

i do those all the time. i like them too. diamond grip with legs up high are awesome.

That's a pretty decent exercise, but is it seriously the hardest core exercise you've tried? If your gym has some free motion machines I can tell you some more wicked stuff.

edit: random fun exercise for the day: Pushups with a stability ball and an upside-down BOSU ball. Hands go on the handles of the BOSU, one toe goes on the top of the stability ball, the other leg is straight but slightly raised so it doesn't touch the ball. Good for the chest, dynamic stabilizers, and core, but more importantly it's a fun progression of pushups and people will think you're goddamn superman.

edit: this says it better than me, except one leg should be totally off the ball. After you do one set on one leg, switch legs. When you first start, not falling off will kill your obliques, but it will get relatively easy in a few days.

Jen.PushupBT.DSL-opt.jpg

if you're too much of a badass for a wide grip and it's easy as pie, try using a diamond shaped hand position in the center of the BOSU ball instead. Never quite got that far.

jk on ther cytomel. too dangerous. and if soemone were to do clen, 30 is more like it.

i have easy access to clen and cytomel right now, what amount of clen per daily dosage do you reccomend

i was thinking start with 60mcg 3-days, then boost to 80 for 4 days

followed by 100 mcg for a week, i know the body gets very very accustomed to using clenbuterol after about 2 weeks, so i was wondering how to best avoid this. Dont know too much about cytomel other than i can get it...any thoughts

oh, and anyone wanna suggest a new back workout, this is what ive been doing recently and i need something to change it up

seated narrow-grip rows (cable) -- 150 X10 / 170 X 10 / 190 X 8 / 220 X 6

narrow grip lat pull (cable) --130 X 10 / 150 X 10 / 170 X 8 / 190 X 6

standing row / bent over row (freeweight) -- 115 X 12 / 135 X 12 / 160 X 8 / 180 X 8

Iso-Lat Pulldown (freeweight) -- 140 X 12 / 180 X 10 / 200 X 8 / 230 X 6

bent over row (freeweight) - 65 X 12 / 75 X 12 / 85 X 8 / 100 X 8

my ability to lift weight is not an issue as i can make really great progress in terms of weight lifted over the timespan of 2-3 weeks. Usually i try to bump the weight up every 2-3 weeks, and it seems to be working well. I'm just looking for a few substitutions to encourage maximum hypertrophy and try to gain some size really quickly.

that's got to be a little pricey. once every 8 to 10 weeks adds up, those things are usually at least 500 per passenger. the buffet's probably awesome for cheat meals and dat 16 year old pussy is lookin' to get loose once they get away from their parents in the main dining hall.

nyuk nyuk nyuk ;)

haha the whole time I was typing it I was thinking "I hope someone doesn't think I'm talking about a cruise on a ship.."

it didnt occur to me that u were on a cruise until someone thought u were gonan be on oen then i thought hmm wow and i thought i was treating myself too well for "off week"

i wish i can eat potato chips like everybody else. why cant i do that? so sad no snacks