supermeatheads

kunk75

it was 3000-3400 calories a few days ago.. but since I've dropped the protein intake, it's about 2600-3000 calories

in the next few days I'm going to go over my diet again to add calories via carbs and fats to try to get that number back up around 2800-3200 at least

How much do you weigh? I asked my nutritionist about gaining weight, and she said to multiply your weight by 16 (not sure why), which for me at 150, came to 2400, which is how many calories I'm supposed to eat daily.

I'm 174 right now.. my daily caloric intake should be about 2800 calories according to your nutritionist..

the thing is that I don't gain weight with that

that's the amt of calories I need to take in to maintain my weight since I have a lame fast metabolism

Sounds about right. I assume you're getting those calories in a healthy way? The protein shakes typically add 125-150 calories each, so cutting them back will mean you'll have to get them elsewhere.

i did the most difficult core exercise i've ever tried tonight. dumbell pushups combined with one-arm rows while holding yourself up with the other arm and your core. wanted to die.

so let me me understand this

you are doing pushups using the dumbells to hold you up

and then you do one arm rows while still using the dumbell in the other hand to stabilize you?

let me know if i have that right

so i'm skinny (5'11/~135) and want to build strength and muscle definition without getting too much bigger or spending too much time on it. have some weights lying around. any suggestions on what i should be doing?

this is probably the kind of thing i should do some research on come to think of it...

Sounds about right. I assume you're getting those calories in a healthy way? The protein shakes typically add 125-150 calories each, so cutting them back will mean you'll have to get them elsewhere.

I'd say my diet is probably one of the cleanest you'll find out there..

protein sources are grilled chicken breast and egg whites..

carb sources are veggies, bananas and sweet potatoes..

fat sources are olive oil, flaxseed oil, and fish oil capsules..

I only have two protein shakes a day (morning and bedtime)

and I have another one on workout days but only because it's my post-workout shake..

so i'm skinny (5'11/~135) and want to build strength and muscle definition without getting too much bigger or spending too much time on it. have some weights lying around. any suggestions on what i should be doing?

this is probably the kind of thing i should do some research on come to think of it...

http://bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

lots of articles on there to help you get started.. just type in what you're looking for in the search bar and there should be tons of hits

I'm in the same boat as you. Minimum cardio, lots of weight training. If you're like me, too much cardio will burn muscle.

and I have another one on workout days but only because it's my post-workout shake..

Sounds perfect to me...you'd think your kidneys would be fine.

yeah, pretty much exact same as mine except I sub in some grass fed beef, eat the eggs whole and use coconut oil from time to time

yeah, pretty much exact same as mine except I sub in some grass fed beef, eat the eggs whole and use coconut oil from time to time

hey, if that's the case the cleanliness of your diet it way way wayyyy above average

whatever you do, don't preface anything with "i read on the internet..."

they hate this more than anything.

yeah, I wish I knew this only a few days earlier.. and maybe I could've avoided being verbally slapped by my doctor

5 whole eggs, 1 cup oats

8 oz chicken, 1 cup rice, 1/2 cup almonds, 1 tablespoon peanut butter

8oz lean red meat or fatty fish, 2 tablespoons oil, 8oz sweet potatoe

8oz lean red meat or fatty fish, 1 cup veggies, 2 tablespoons oil

2 scoops whey protein, 2 tablespoons peanut butter

Workout days: Pre/Post workout - 2 scoops whey, 2 scoops waxy maize

thats all me baby

dang u guys are really structured thats nice

every 2-3 hours i eat about 40g of protein(whatever source), some raw veggie(or v-8 if im lazy). and a piece of fruit with every meal if im trying to gain more weight. my weekly cheeseburgers keep me sane

:(

busy schedule + fucked up wrist from arm wrestling my friend = bad

i havent touched weights in roughly a week or so and i feel like im shriveled up already.

except i've actually gained a good 2-3 lbs this past couple weeks which is good. finally up at 180lbs on wake up. could be fat though

might give it another few days and hit the weights again.

quick request for advice:

let's say you're planning on doing 3x7 on some isolated bicep curls (just for example). you estimate the proper weight and by your second set you start to fail on the 5th rep...do you weight down for the third set in order to hit the originally planned 7 reps? isnt that compromising the triangle up plan when it comes to lifting for size? would you keep the same weight and just do as many reps as possible, maybe getting help from a buddy on the last few?

edit: and what'chall think of beanz? i been eatin mad beanz lately.

just do as many as you can. the good thing about isolated curls that i noticed is that your second set might suck but give it a short rest before your third and alot of times i can finish the third.

basically, you want to struggle on the last 2-3 of each set.

so if you cant finish the last set after 4-5 reps, jsut push and finish it.

im trying to get super ripped before summer, so i figured it be a case of doing high reps and lots of cardio? i love running, do 7kms twice a week, but i find my thighs are freaking monsta and want to slim them down too.

any advice?

im trying to get super ripped before summer, so i figured it be a case of doing high reps and lots of cardio? i love running, do 7kms twice a week, but i find my thighs are freaking monsta and want to slim them down too.

any advice?

when you say "ripped" I'm going to assume you mean "cut" or low body fat..

in which case you'll only achieve with a proper diet

(I feel like a broken record)

any advice?

mrchariybrown is right, clean the diet wayyyy up. Also, lift some more and run less (usually right after a workout, try HIIT), muscles shows up easier when you have more.