supermeatheads

kunk75

to grow any modicum of muscle, one should consume 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight (i eat 2.5 per, but you prolly don't want to look like me). slim as you are, you probably don't have a carb-sensitivity issue, so you can up carb intake (healthy carbs, no white bread, moderate sugars, etc.)

think knucks remarked a dfew pages ago that if people wrote down what they ate each day, they'd be shocked at low their caloric intake is. this cannot be overstated.

far as working out/training/whatever, the tried and true ways to increase muscle growth are to increase volume (i.e., how many sets/reps you are doing) or intensity (how much weight/resistance). any exercise is good and better than none, but those two variables are important.

Ok cool. Thanks. Any other info anyone has is appreciated.

Heres a simple nooby question, is it better to lift less but with heavier weights? I think kickeye's last post might have answered this, but im so new to this whole lifting weights thing, that I understand maybe half of what kickeye said. I'm 5'5 and 136lb. I'm trying to get bigger and stronger for anyone who wanted to know.

if you think you have a really fast metabolism. I say get in at least 2-2.5x grams of protein per bw. I get in about 360g and I'm only 172 lbs. more importantly, if you want to gain weight; carbs carbs carbs. and I'm not talking about the bullshit carbs. get in good shit like whole wheat, long-grain brown rice, yams/sweet potatoes, etc. I say aim for 2-3x grams of carbs per bw if you're trying to pack on some serious weight. fats are important also. try to get in about 0.5-0.7 grams of good fats per bw.

if you think you have a really fast metabolism. I say get in at least 2-2.5x grams of protein per bw. I get in about 360g and I'm only 172 lbs. more importantly, if you want to gain weight; carbs carbs carbs. and I'm not talking about the bullshit carbs. get in good shit like whole wheat, long-grain brown rice, yams/sweet potatoes, etc. I say aim for 2-3x grams of carbs per bw if you're trying to pack on some serious weight. fats are important also. try to get in about 0.5-0.7 grams of good fats per bw.

+rep for fat consumption

get some nuts, seeds, or oils with that good shit

The issue in this is that a lot of people rely on some "formula," which I used to follow and saw no gains.

My best progress has been when I have not really kept track of reps and sets, but rather just paid attention to the weight and went along with how I felt on that day. Hence, my workouts are really unorthodox in the sense that, say, on push/pull day I may do a warm up bench for 15reps, then do a 5x5, while on another day I'd do 2 warmups of 10 and then hit 8,5,5,3,5,3

You get the idea.

Do what works for you

The issue in this is that a lot of people rely on some "formula," which I used to follow and saw no gains.

My best progress has been when I have not really kept track of reps and sets, but rather just paid attention to the weight and went along with how I felt on that day. Hence, my workouts are really unorthodox in the sense that, say, on push/pull day I may do a warm up bench for 15reps, then do a 5x5, while on another day I'd do 2 warmups of 10 and then hit 8,5,5,3,5,3

You get the idea.

Do what works for you

agreed

almonds mmmmm o nom nom nom

+pb

all natty pb

yes, the idea of stopping at 10 reps when you have more in ya is ridiculous. it takes time to understand what you're capable of and only then do set rep schemes have any value.

You get the idea.

Do what works for you

am I the only one who's annoyed by those workout plans that don't just list out the sets and reps you do, but also the weight?

like other guys at the gym are like "well, the schedule says i'm supposed to do sets of 6 at 285, but i'll prob only get 4 again"

I dont know, i think it's dumb

am I the only one who's annoyed by those workout plans that don't just list out the sets and reps you do, but also the weight?

like other guys at the gym are like "well, the schedule says i'm supposed to do sets of 6 at 285, but i'll prob only get 4 again"

I dont know, i think it's dumb

the majority of earth is made up of idiots

I'm doing Starting Strength, and it's working pretty well for me. Weight hasn't changed much (182, 5'11) but I've added alot of muscle. I need to start the calorie diary though, I know I don't eat enough calories.

Never eaten so many hard boiled eggs in my life though. What's everybodies favorite meal now? I love turkey on whole grain bread with hummus. Pretty much every day.

This is a great thread. I've recently made some changes to my lifestyle and started lifting. Some of you seem to know what you are doing, I have a question about creatine. Is this something I should take? Is it going to make me fat and bloated?

I really don't want to have to start buying all new selvage in a different waist size, talk about $$$! I just want to know if creatine will help me build some more mass, muscle wise. Below are my pics the first is the before the other two are the after a year or so. (first 6 months was me researching and trying different routines out so there are some lost gains in there)

46b7748440f73fbc407d842ecaff411a_70.jpg

304372orig.jpg

bo64.jpg

hell yes. crossfit/zone/tabata runs for life.

after i stopped rowing in college i started doing crossfit. i think its a great tool for gaining baseline fitness and then specializing after that. they are also big fans of rippetoe (starting strength).

This is a great thread. I've recently made some changes to my lifestyle and started lifting. Some of you seem to know what you are doing, I have a question about creatine. Is this something I should take? Is it going to make me fat and bloated?

I really don't want to have to start buying all new selvage in a different waist size, talk about $$$! I just want to know if creatine will help me build some more mass, muscle wise. Below are my pics the first is the before the other two are the after a year or so. (first 6 months was me researching and trying different routines out so there are some lost gains in there)

Note: Don't bother responding, this is a fake post. Someone took my pictures off my BodySpace page apparently:

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/Liface/

homemade protien bars on the cheap. 6 of them is only like 3 dollars and the macros are pretty good.

2 Cups old fashioned Oatmeal

4 scoops of whey (choc or vanilla)

1/2 cup natty peanut butter

about 5 tbsp of water

Mix in a bowl--dough should be stiff.

Forms 6 bars on wax paper--freeze them for 40 minutes and then they are ready to go!! No baking!! you can sprinkle some cinnimon or splenda on top if you desire. i would store them in the fridge untill you eat them if possible and be careful not let them sit too long with excess moisture. they will get soggy.

Not sure if the macros are correct, I've not made them yet.

Info:

195 cals

8.3g fat

16g carbs(less than 1 g sugar)

18.8g protein

• 2 weeks later...