Haircut in LA for less than $50?

chingon

My girlfriend cuts in LA and might be willing to do a superfuture discount if you come to her outside of her salon (so she doesn't get hit by the commission fee). She does great great great fuckin' hair for a bunch of hipster kids in NY and LA along with movies and all that nonsense.

Message me and I'll drop her contact info once I'm sure she's down.

most likely, I will make an appointment for floyds next week, so will do.

I go to the floyd's in Studio City and go to Chris... $21 bucks + tip - not bad for a pretty good haircut...

...can't make an appointment at floyd's, though...

• 1 year later...
it's not a barber shop. the whole hollywood punk (read: MTV) vibe is annoying but they do give decent cuts for cheap.

I see, its just the one I looked up on google was called a "barbershop." I guess they just call it that for marketing purposes.

I checked yelp for other salons, rocket science seems nice but I do not trust their ratings as they can be easily manipulated.

http://www.floydsbarbershop.com/index.php/home

I guess its just called that.

• 3 months later...

To original poster: if you can make the drive from downtown ...

syndicate barbershop in Long Beach

(worth the drive, in my opinion)

Damn good cut, only $20 + tip, and I think it's one of the best cuts for the amount of time and attention they give to you. The whole ordeal for a walk-in takes about 30 minutes to wait and 45 minutes of cutting.

It's a real chill and intimate environment; everyone in the shop is tattooed and friendly. Vintage decor, and cool shit around the shop to look at too. It's a real men's barbershop for men, which means you can read "real" men's magazines while you wait (playboy, hustler, car and driver, men's health, etc).

My barber was Miles, who did a fine job cutting my hair to the few guidelines that I gave him. He went over multiple times to make sure it was perfect. Finished it off with some OG barbershop shit: straight razor shave on the back and sides with hot shave cream to make everything super neat and clean. Then patted on some Gabels Bay Rum aftershave (best aftershave) on the neck and damn... I left that barbershop feelin dapper as hell.

If i recall correctly, shave was $5.

Not sure how this places stacks up against Baxter of California, but it is definitely cheaper

• 1 month later...