received a pair of flat heads won on ebay and worried.....

liewbaysea

Do you guys REALLY think they're real? I'd be seriously worried about the shiny leather patch; the colour of the stitching looks wrong to me. Are they supposed to be new, or have they been washed?

Edit: rivets look fine, likewise selvage isn't common on bootcuts.Even though this is an old model, this one doesn't look up to Flathead quality to me - especially the denim, and the stitching color. Most Flathead I've seen have vintage-style threads, in contrasting colours (with, for instance, a paler yellow stitching on the bottom line of the pocket top hem).

It'd be hard for me to tell without touching the denim to know if those are necessarily real. However, the model does exist and it's possible that the reason there's no selvage is that it's a bootcut model (most bootcut jeans don't have the selvage because of how the legs are shaped).

As others have said, cotton coming out of the rivets is normal and in fact, is done on purpose to mimic old production methods.

This is a link to a newer version of the same jeans on 2nd: http://item.rakuten.co.jp/2nd/fh-1007/

Not only are those jeans real, but I'll almost gurantee that there's no such thing as fake Flat Heads. Flat Head denim is not popular enough to make a counterfeiting operation profitable - they just don't sell enough pairs to make fakes worth while. Bape and Levis are one thing, because Bape is high in price and Levis has high volume sales, but Flat Head? I don't think so....

the rivets seem to have cotton coming out of them= bad quality maybe? dunno

rofl lmao. btw its possible for bootcut with selvege like edmond said. same goes to my pbj 004.

ps. from the denim colour, thread, coin pocket selvage. im quite sure it is real.

These ARE selvedge, but the original buyer hemmed the jeans and cut off the selvedge near the hem.

These only show selvedge down the outside seam from the hem line to about 2" up when new, so once you hem it you've lost the selvedge accent.

Ok.. so before posting my reply above i hadn't taken a good look at the photos until i read what Paul said.

There's a few odd things about these.

The 1XXX series wasn't introduced until AFTER the old arcuates were dropped, and from my knowledge the only 1XXX jeans that were made came with the Frontier (F Series) stitching.

I'm checking into this right now, cause now I'M curious.. i'll let you know in a day or two.

There is the VERY slight chance they used to produced 1XXX jeans many years ago with a complete different denim.. i'll find out and report back.

Not only are those jeans real, but I'll almost gurantee that there's no such thing as fake Flat Heads. Flat Head denim is not popular enough to make a counterfeiting operation profitable - they just don't sell enough pairs to make fakes worth while. Bape and Levis are one thing, because Bape is high in price and Levis has high volume sales, but Flat Head? I don't think so....

there are fake sugarcanes on ebay, i think it's probably very possible for fake flatheads

there are fake sugarcanes on ebay, i think it's probably very possible for fake flatheads

I'm going to be honest and say that from those photos the denim looks EXACTLY like Sugar Cane's SC41955N denim... But then again, photos, especially when taken poorly, can make denim look nothing like what it actually is like.

those jeans definitely look used and worn in the pics, so you might wanna discount the fact that the patch is shiny.

good call on the hemming away of the selvage line, i got thrown off cause its still chain stitched at the bottom, and most places where people hem at don't have the chain stitching machine.

but a very impt question. how much did you pay for this? I mean, why the fuck are you so paranoid if you paid fifty bucks or something for a pair of jeans? they still look pretty good, just wear em. on the other hand, if you paid alot of money or anything close to retail, you're a dumb ass for not finding out more information about them.

man the patch looks like an early fh model did you think they fake these way back 5 to 8 years ago? id oubt

theres no fake fh as of now yet

Guest n1cx0
cmon.... you only pay 50 bucks for the jeans...... It is not a big deal whether it is real or not.

If you pay 1900 yen or more, then you can whine and complain about it....

There are still many people out there spent hundreds of dollars and never receive the item. That is more worst.

i believe 1900 yen's not even worth 20USD.

man the patch looks like an early fh model did you think they fake these way back 5 to 8 years ago? id oubt

theres no fake fh as of now yet

oh, no i wasn't commenting on this pair, i was just sayin'...

...next level scamming on the horizon

well, im guessing he just needs some clarifications, though 50bucks is not much but still it's money. also, this could bring awareness to others as to whether there are really fake flathead etc out there. :)

slightly off topic....

when i was in shenzhen late last year, i was at the sketchy counterfeit mall (visiting the tailor and avoiding hideously fake looking iphones)....there were a few denim shops there, and there was absolutely SHITLOADS of fake sugarcane.

except these shits looked like someone had taken all the worst elements of every garish, loud, distressed and ultra-hip pair of jeans you could ever imagine, and stuck a fake sugarcane patch on there. i had to do a double take, it was a massive surprise.

it just seemed strange - i wouldve thought the people that would know about sugarcane, and be interested in their products, would as a general rule want a product that was the exact opposite of what these jeans were. funny shit.