What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

Seriously? I guess I enjoyed the payoff of the final moment but the drones left me cold. Where's the Kevin Drumm who released Sheer Hellish Miasma and those two killer albums on Perdition Plastics!?!

As much as I walked away from noise (I only listen to old Merzbow and Whitehouse now), this album just hit the right spot. I like Sheer Hellish Miasma and even have the re-mastered cd from 2 years back but I'm not playing it enough. I'm sure you already see that I'm into more electronic/modern classical stuff over the more noise stuff that you like.

I can't go to noise shows anymore. Hipsters killed it, nyu kids at other music just finished it. The first show I saw some fat chick fist pumping in the front row I decided to never do it again and since I can't see it live, noise is dead to me.

As much as I walked away from noise (I only listen to old Merzbow and Whitehouse now), this album just hit the right spot. I like Sheer Hellish Miasma and even have the re-mastered cd from 2 years back but I'm not playing it enough. I'm sure you already see that I'm into more electronic/modern classical stuff over the more noise stuff that you like.

I can't go to noise shows anymore. Hipsters killed it, nyu kids at other music just finished it. The first show I saw some fat chick fist pumping in the front row I decided to never do it again and since I can't see it live, noise is dead to me.

Yeah, the scene sucks ass. I hardly go to noise shows at all either. I still hit up a day or two of No Fun each year but otherwise, the only noise gigs I attend are the kind of events that take place in the back room of an oblivious bar or (even better) in somebody's living room where the audience almost entirely just consists of all the other bands on the bill.

So I'm with you that going to see live noise drove my interest away a lot. I spend much more time on the more minimal electroacoustic improv stuff going on. Jeffrey Allport just passed through recently, Gust Burns is coming to town next weekend, Doug Theriault in early august. Keeps me more than satisfied.