What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

Boris- Pink is still getting it done. And their DVD, Heavy Metal Me. On "feedbacker" to see Wata lay out that freaky lead, part Stooges, part Pink Floyd, is a beautiful sight. I've been on a lasting Boris jag lately. Khanate. You've got to go back to Swans for anything so rigorously intense. Always Isis. Oxbow. Made Out Of Babies. I'm waiting on the Boris/Sunn O))) disc. I can't imagine what that will be like. Also waiting on Witch. It drops this month. It's a new metal project featuring J Mascis from Dinosaur Jr. He's playing drums on for this gig, not guitar. And Scott Walker's new record arrives in May. Remember "Tilt" from ten years ago? What does he do for a follow-up?

Speaking of Swans, it's nice to see others mentioning Jonathan Kane's cd. It's good to hear him working. I wish Anton Fier, another brilliant drummer, would get back in the game.

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Mar 1, 2006 at 10:20 AM

hey minya, that james blackshaw cd is on important right? i've heard good things.

important is putting out the new major stars cd and it will fucking crush.

yeah, boris' pink is fantastic. i saw khanate last fall and they killed.

i think the new earth/sunO))) 12" should be out soon;

Quote:

Fort Minor - We Major Mixtape

--- Original message by PG2G on Feb 27, 2006 09:58 PM

They unexpectedly turned out some solid tracks. Oh well the pendulum swings in Shinoda's favor in my book again.

Getsuga Tenshou

Quote:
Quote:

Fort Minor - We Major Mixtape

--- Original message by PG2G on Feb 27, 2006 09:58 PM

They unexpectedly turned out some solid tracks. Oh well the pendulum swings in Shinoda's favor in my book again.

--- Original message by DJ_Flame on Mar 1, 2006 10:19 AM

i'm second cousin's with Mr. hahn. I'm not too proud of this fact.

Quote:

hey minya, that james blackshaw cd is on important right? i've heard good things.

important is putting out the new major stars cd and it will fucking crush.

yeah, boris' pink is fantastic. i saw khanate last fall and they killed.

i think the new earth/sunO))) 12" should be out soon;

--- Original message by ddohnggo on Mar 1, 2006 10:18 AM

Blackshaw just released an album on Important but I don't own it yet. The ones I have are released on Celebrate Psi Phenomenon (Birchville Cat Motel's label) and some other tiny CD-R label (limited to 150 copies or something silly)...

i don't really care to meet the dude. the one cute/endearing thing about that family relation is my little cousins who sing linkin park songs and have been to about 8 shows, all with backstage passes. these kids are 4 and 7. they've been singing linkin park for the past year, which is pretty adorable.

Blacklisted-We're Unstoppable

*sigh* i just turned down going to the Fiery Furnaces.

last this weekend The Books are playing. that same day my school is showing 50 Cents Get Rich or Die Trying. Ghostface Killah also has a concert that night. and Akimbo is playing at another venue.

for one, Pittsburgh doesn't get that much music, but at times like this where everything happens all on the same day, these days make me the saddest since i can't go to everything at once :(

Quote:

I figured id stop lurking and finally post now.

Blacklisted is one of the best hardcore bands out right now. Ive always been into this album, they are stellar live too.

Earth Crisis - Destroy the Machines

Justice - All

Gang Starr - The Ownerz

--- Original message by VeganXRicci on Mar 2, 2006 01:41 AM

"Eye for an Eye"... that's all I have to say.

Jawbreaker - "In Sadding Around" (24 Hour Revenge Therapy)

Don't hate on Insound. I interned for their marketing company and they are actually all music fans who started the whole thing out of love for music. They even have the insound fests every year to showcase new bands. So i'd much rather buy from them than amazon. The reason they have those links is to compete with larger companies. Record companies like Matador have a good relationship with Insound and depend on them to sell a lot of records.

coachella.com music player. just got my tix to the show. gnarles barkley, lyrics born, the walkmen, clap your hands, atmosphere, plat. pied pipers, digable planets, common, daft punk, franz ferd., massive attack, YYY's, murs & 9th, my morning jacket, bloc party, wolf parade...here i come!!

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.