What are you listening at right now

PeterJ

Guest Fade to Black

Kanye West - Spaceship

edit: WHAT!!!! Jay Dee passed away?!?! Got damn...shocked to hear that, dude was dope. Rest in peace.

Edited by Fade to Black on Feb 10, 2006 at 08:09 PM

^^ What the hell are you talking about? He just had an album release party at Union.......

Quote: A cover story in URB (Mar 2004) made public his recent, sudden struggle with illness, and recently rumors began circulating again about health emergencies and hospitalization. Asked about this in XXL (June 2005), Dilla himself partially confirmed these stories. “The rumors were like, ‘Jay Dee is dead’ and all that, but I was just in the hospital. I was in ICU, with all types of tubes. It was crazy.â€

icon_smile_blackeye.gif

i co-sign on the rip's. jaydee produced some gems. heres just a taste of his catalog (past 2 years)

5 Ela - Scenario 2004 from "The EP" 2004 (5 Elements)

Amp Fiddler - You Play Me, Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly from "Waltz Of A Ghetto Fly" CD/LP 2004 (Genuine/PIAS)

Amp Fiddler - I Believe In You (Jaylib Mix) CD/12" single 2004 (Genuine/PIAS)

Brother Jack McDuff - Oblighetto (J Dilla Remix) from "Blue Note Revisted" CD/LP 2004 (Blue Note)

De La Soul - Verbal Clap, Much More from "Grind Date" CD/LP (Sanctuary)

DJ Cam - Love Junkee (Remix) 12" single 2003 (Inflamable) and "Liquid Hip Hop CD/LP 2004 (Inflamable)

Elzhi - Days and Nights, Concrete Eyes, Love It Here, and Look At My Friends from "Witness My Growth" Mix CD 2004 (Libido Speedo)

Frank-N-Dank - Let's Go, Okay, MCA from "Xtended Play" CD/LP 2004 (Needillworks)

Lawless Element - The Shining 12" single 2004 (RMR/Fat Beats)

Oh No - Move from The Disrupt CD/LP 2004, and The Disrupt Instrumentals LP 2005 (Stones Throw)

Proof of D12 - Bring It 2 Me from "I Miss The Hip Hop Shop" CD/LP 2004 (Iron Fist)

Prozack - Leisure Rules from "Death, Taxes, and Prozack" CD 2004 (Outofwork Records)

Slum Village - Do You from "Detroit Deli" CD/LP 2004 (Barak/Capitol)

Common - Love is..., It's Your World (Part 1 & 2) from "Be" CD/LP and "Be Instrumentals" LP 2005 (GOOD Music/Geffen)

Common - The Movement from "NBA 2K6 - The Tracks" CD/LP 2005 (Decon)

Dwele - Keep On from "Some Kinda" CD/LP 2005 (Virgin)

Dwight Trible & The Life Force Trio - Antiquity from "Love Is The Answer" CD/LP 2005 (Ninja Tune)

MED - Push feat. J Dilla 12" single 2005 (Stones Throw)

MED - Push, So Real from "Push Comes To Shove" CD/LP 2005 (Stones Throw)

Moka Only - One Time from "The Desired Effect" CD/LP 2005 (Nettwerk)

Oh No - Move Part 2 feat. J Dilla & Roc C 12" single 2005 (Stones Throw)

Slum Village - Who Are We from "Prequel To A Classic" CD 2005 (Barak Records)

Spacek - Dollar 12" single 2005 (Sound in Color)

Spacek - Dollar from "Space Shift" CD/LP 2005 (Sound in Color)

In my past life I was a biblical times savor, in this day and age I'm a political sign waver.

Quote:

^^ What the hell are you talking about? He just had an album release party at Union.......

Quote: A cover story in URB (Mar 2004) made public his recent, sudden struggle with illness, and recently rumors began circulating again about health emergencies and hospitalization. Asked about this in XXL (June 2005), Dilla himself partially confirmed these stories. “The rumors were like, ‘Jay Dee is dead’ and all that, but I was just in the hospital. I was in ICU, with all types of tubes. It was crazy.â€

icon_smile_blackeye.gif

--- Original message by englandmj7 on Feb 10, 2006 08:22 PM

He passed today...

check his label's front page http://www.stonesthrow.com/