Do you want to be thinner?

Halifamous

I once had a hawt asian model who head-hunted for male models tell me that I'd look hawt if I cut down to 10% body fat. Made me so depressed and ate/gained about 2% more.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bullshit, there's some fucking delicious food in this world. Food tastes even better when you work out frequently enough that you can eat whatever you want and have a perfect body.

oh, thats what my friend is saying....i obviously do not agree.

I think you may be off with those body fat %'s duder. 6-8% is the level for a high performance (say, olympic) athlete. Anywhere below 11% and you're going to be showing absurd definition.

quoted for accuracy.. i thought this too.. under 9 % and your perfect.

anyway this thread is silly, there is always something one can improve about them selves, no matter how hard one works for perfection..

I'm about 5'10.5" weighing in at about 175. I kind of want to gain a tad more weight, not to when I was 196, but I'd like to be like 180ish. But I do want to get thinner. My waist is about 30.5".. I'd like to get it about 29.5". I think the only way to do that is to drop my bodyfat% from an 11.5% to a 9%ish.. :mad: but it's probably a good thing since I feel fat... but then again, I don't want my bench/squat/deadlift weights to suffer from lowering my carb intake..

what do you guys think I should do?

ive lost 25+ pounds in the last year or so and im trying to get just a little lower. some advice for people trying to cut out body fat no matter how much. wieght training is essential. you can spend a total of 2 hours a week and make a big difference. body builders no whats up. they are huge but have crazy low body fat. even if you refuse to lift you can still learn alot from thier diets. cardio is overrated. dont believe the hype and do your homework.

(copied from another forum)

http://www.ironmagazineforums.com/diet-nutrition/21113-guide-cutting-bulking-maintenance.html

Outline of a Healthy Diet:

1. 5-6 Meals

By eating every 3-3.5 hours apart we are supplying our bodies with a constant flow of nutrition. If our bodies go without food too long we go into starvation mode and our metabolism slows down. Why More Calories? (Why more calories?) Eating a smaller meal contain of protein, veggies, carbs and fat every few hours keeps fat loss going and supplies our bodies and muscles the nutrition it needs for the strenuous workouts.

2. 5-6 Liters Water (Damn good article on Water) of per day

Water is the source of life. Our bodies are mostly made up of water so a constant intake is essential to our bodies every function.

3. Lots of Fibrous Veggies

Eating more vegetables is essential to any healthy nutrition plan. They contain many vitamins and nutrients as well as countless overall health benefits.

4. Lean quality Proteins

Protein plays a very versatile role in the body. It is used to form strong muscles, bones and teeth. It is used to make hormones and enzymes, to strengthen the immune system, and to carry oxygen to the cells. Amino acids that form protein are classed as either essential or non-essential. There are about 28 known Amino Acids , of which the body can make only 19. The remaining nine essential ones must be supplied by our food. Protein is required for muscle repair and hypertophy.

5. Essential Fatty Acids (EFA�s)

EFA's are fats that are essential to the diet because the body cannot produce them. Essential fatty acids are extremely important nutrients for health. They are present in every healthy cell in the body, and are critical for the normal growth and functioning of the cells, muscles, nerves, and organs. Please see below for an article and links on EFA's.

6. Complex Carbohydrates (Carbohydrates and the Glycemic Index)

Complex carbs with lots of fiber should be consumed in proper proportion for maximum health and vitality. Carbs provide us with strength in the gym by filling our glycogen stores for our muscles future use. Complex carbs with lots of fiber are rich sources of necessary vitamins and minerals as well as enzymes.

7. Say NO to Sugar

Simple sugars and other refined carbs, are released into the bloodstream more rapidly than complex carbs and can be used for energy or converted to glycogen. This elicits a large Insulin response, which in turn causes the excess sugar to be converted to fat.

a few little things I'd like to add to thorough's post..

1. don't forget to get a slow-disgesting protein in before bedtime so your body doesn't go into a catabolic state. I suggest micellar casein or calcium casienate.

2. multi-vitamins, take them. seriously.

3. if you want to use cardio (in conjuction with a good diet of course) to burn fat.. the best time to do it is right when you wake up on an empty stomach. your body is in a prime fat-burning state. if you're worried about muscle loss from this, take a teaspoon or some capsules of bcaa's to combat catabolism before your cardio in the morning

4. have a cheat meal once or twice a week. yes, you heard me... CHEAT! besides the fact that it'll keep you sane, it will keep your leptin levels elevated. because once your leptin levels get low, your body goes into an anti-starvation mode.. and we all know what happens then... fat loss slows down drastically

im about 6 feet and 130. i WANT 15 MORE POUNDS ON ME

six to eight meals consisting of 500 calories each should make you pack on pounds pretty quick depending on your lifestyle. i.e., I get about 6 meals of 600 calories each (excluding my post-workout shake) and maintain a puny 175.

don't forget that you want your calories' macro-breakdown to be somewhere in the range of 40/40/20 (protein, carb, fat).. but this all really depends on your goals

i'm just over 6'

and im around 175 ....due to winter and never leaving my desk or house...

ill be around 160 soon...hopefully

the only thing i would change about my body is my THIGHS....i blame soccer..

but it seems my fat stores in my ass and thighs first, which is usually typical of females

i'm just over 6'

and im around 175 ....due to winter and never leaving my desk or house...

ill be around 160 soon...hopefully

the only thing i would change about my body is my THIGHS....i blame soccer..

but it seems my fat stores in my ass and thighs first, which is usually typical of females

well how big are your thighs? I can't imagine them being too big at 175 @ over 6'

I'm sure a proper diet and cardio will help slim down your thighs, but hey, there's nothing wrong with big thighs! :D I'm proud of my 24" thunder thighs (measurement around my mid thigh) and I'm only 5'10" ish

a few little things I'd like to add to thorough's post..

1. don't forget to get a slow-disgesting protein in before bedtime so your body doesn't go into a catabolic state. I suggest micellar casein or calcium casienate.

2. multi-vitamins, take them. seriously.

3. if you want to use cardio (in conjuction with a good diet of course) to burn fat.. the best time to do it is right when you wake up on an empty stomach. your body is in a prime fat-burning state. if you're worried about muscle loss from this, take a teaspoon or some capsules of bcaa's to combat catabolism before your cardio in the morning

4. have a cheat meal once or twice a week. yes, you heard me... CHEAT! besides the fact that it'll keep you sane, it will keep your leptin levels elevated. because once your leptin levels get low, your body goes into an anti-starvation mode.. and we all know what happens then... fat loss slows down drastically

yeah, yeah. everyone one knows about it. the fact is it's almost impossible to follow this diet if you go out with your friends, work, live not alone etc.

thus, the only way loose weight is sport. be it aero or anaerobic. as often as you can, as intense as you can. and don't eat too much, but that doesn't mean you should it only chicken breasts and flax oil.

im about 6'1 and 190. i use to be around 225 when i played rugby in highschool but since then ive stopped lifting and doing a sort of weekly exercise. my weight has fluctuated from 195-210(freshman year). now i try to play pick up games (soccer) atleast 3 times a week and that has been helping a lot in terms of: feeling healthier, having more energy and i definitely think ive been losing some weight.

however theres the saying that goes something like this..

some people eat to live and some people live to eat. im the latter, i love food.

so with that said ive definitely made the effort to limit my portions. which leads me to question...

stomach size? sometimes i feel if i keep stuffing myself i can increase the amount of food i eat or vice versa, if i eat smaller portions for a longer amount of time i get full easier.

and i wld like to lose around 10~

yeah, yeah. everyone one knows about it. the fact is it's almost impossible to follow this diet if you go out with your friends, work, live not alone etc.

thus, the only way loose weight is sport. be it aero or anaerobic. as often as you can, as intense as you can. and don't eat too much, but that doesn't mean you should it only chicken breasts and flax oil.

I totally disagree with that. I'm a full-time college student, I have a part-time job, and go out most nights.. and even then, I find the time to keep my diet strict. The only real factor in the possibility or impossibility of a diet like this is your own will power and dedication.

I agree that cardio helps promote fat loss but it does NOT beat a solid diet. A well thought out diet is THE key in fat loss. Cardio does help in excelerating fat loss, and it helps those few individuals that want to be in the 5% range. But it is not a necessity if you have a solid diet and want to get under 15% and even for some people like me who like to keep it under 10% bodyfat (I do absolutely no cardio, which isn't really healthy, but it's just a fact).

• 3 weeks later...