A different kind of weft

Vanquish Gold

Weft really plays a big part in the outcome of your jeans after intensive wear... of course with interesting weft comes interesting result...

Just a thread to collect denims with different kind of weft .... away from the norm.

Julian Red Nikki Sixx

It is a washed.. but nevertheless i seen fading on these before.. pink weft is really .. Woooah!

weftJR.jpg

Sugarcane SC40501

Amazing weft.. too bad i don't like the fit.... if not i might even fly to Japan just to get it!

weftsc.jpg

In general bleached weft is the norm, but I really like unbleached "white" weft. It yields a yellowish tinge to the jeans. I believe Nudie uses unbleached cotton for their weft. I don't understand why more "repro" type companies don't use unbleached cotton for their jeans.

never got

Heres the brands website

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/momotaro/

Personally I like these.....

img53633004.jpg

available from the amicable chaps at Hinoya

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/a-303-01/

can anyone shed some light on the fabric???

ALso they have loads of different lines of jeans with lots of interesting options within,

Like these gorgeous Edo Aiesque 81000yen jeans!!!!

http://www.japanblue.co.jp/denimhouse/item/48.html

Anyone knows anything bout these???

ALso, im looking forward to getting my Kapital Jeans, the weird green No4 denim!!!!, ill update the Kapital thread when they arrive...

Edmond- Momotaro are on your wishlist right?

pink weft, japanese - I never got round to these, someone should get them. people dont pay enough attention to fabric here.

The colored weft does not change the fading much.

Only little of the weft is seen on the right side. What u see on the right side is mostly the warp (=the indigo dyed) yarn.

With fading the warp looses color, and thus will show white as usual (the weft will still not show more than before) .

The weft yarn though is very visible at holes.

I agreement with you rnrswitch.

I was just thinking about weft today (sad, yes...). Yeah, it's true that nudie use an unbleached weft, at least on their selvedge denim. I really dig. When worn in, I think it gives the jeans more of a 'dirty' look if that makes sense - yellow/brownish undertones come through, rather than the usual white where the weft is bleached.

I too am surprised that there aren't more 'standard' repros around with unbleached white weft.

• 3 weeks later...
the warp is what runs parallel to the selvedge. its what you see as indigo yarns. the weft is what runs perpendicular, what you see as white or ecru, or in the case of this thread, fruity pebbles.

hah, fruity pebbles... anyways i think i kinda have an idea of what it is now.

or in simpler terms... the inside of a pair of jeans....

Actually, if you think about it, because denim is a twill (which means the threads in each direction are woven so that they go over two cross threads, then under one, then over two, then under one, etc...), the inside of the jeans are two-thirds weft-colour and one-third blue, whereas the outside of the jeans are two-thirds blue and one-third weft-colour..

• 4 months later...