Switching Your Rep

KyleFall

doesn't it say you can't rep the same post twice.

that happened to me in superfap.

blush.

I think that is only if you try and give it the same reputation again.

Ok, here's the deal:

This works for as long as you are still in the same thread and haven't refreshed.

I know this because I just tried it, and now the OP has undeserved green rep, I greened him because I gave him the benefit of the doubt...

After having repped said OP I could go back to the comment and still change everything, however, I clicked "new posts" and from there on went straight here, tried to rep OP again and it said: "you can't rep the same post twice..."

Consensus:

You win some, you FAIL some...

okay so you can only change the rep as long as you haven't left the page?

wouldn't you generally notice right away when you misclick anyway?

What I listed definitely works. I first discovered it in the Supreme S/S thread, and was amazed. Just trying to figure out what makes it not work sometimes.

it probably only works if you try to change from a green to a red and not vice versa. blood once drawn cannot be unshed.

in a similar vein (no pun intended), deleting a post that had +rep loses you that +rep, whereas deleting a post that received -rep does not remove the neg.

there is a thing where your rep on the bottom gets pushed off and you either gain or lose rep depending on who most recently repped you.

i noticed because some newbie repped me and gave me +50 rep points or something like that but I think it was because a neg got dropped off the bottom of the rep screen.