Material Boy FW08 at L'Oreal Melbourne Fashion Festival 2008 R7 presented by Oyster

definitely what i expect from material boy. that is, a few of the pieces are nice, but its rlly nothing that great/new. And it doesnt rlly matter. Its not very expensive anyway and i wouldnt expect ppl to pay high prices for it. But anyway all that aside, its not bad. I might wear a few things. And as for the strange masks.. thats weird. but i dont mind it. i im a fan of strange presentations anyway.

material boy's shit really irritates me. 95% of it is ugly as sin and unwearable unless you want to look like a douche. Guy needs to make up his mind if he's going to make clothes for arts sake or wearable stuff.

**EDIT

Ok, after taking another look, i was probably a bit harsh. Although i still think the guy makes totally retarded decisions with some of his clothes and those stockings on the model's heads... why the hell would you do that. Seriously.

A few pieces look pretty nice and could be worn easily, but the stockings create a strange distortion that makes me think the photos are photoshopped or something. Kinda distracting

looks like a weak ripoff of MMM's women's line...ss 08 I think, where the models wore completely black so that the clothes were in the forefront and the looks of individual models were immaterial. Instead, he's just ruined the show by distracting from the clothing with their stupid, stupid squished faces.

^ i agree completely with the faces being destracting. that was the first thing my eye was drawn towards.. but maybe he wanted that to destract us from his garments. idk. i like some of the basics in the collection