zombiesdestroyedmylife

• 3 weeks later...

Incrediblystrangecreatures.jpg

This is old school zombies - a classic of the faith. Saw it years ago at a B-movie festival.

Lester Bangs said of it, "This flick doesn't just rebel against, or even disregard, standards of taste and art. In the universe inhabited by The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies, such things as standards and responsibility have never been heard of. It is this lunar purity which largely imparts to the film its classic stature. Like Beyond the Valley of the Dolls and a very few others, it will remain as an artifact in years to come to which scholars and searchers for truth can turn and say, "This was trash!"

• 6 months later...

I knew I didn't sift through superculture enough.

Zombies are quite possibly the coolest thing ever. I'm glad that you guys have been pointing people towards some good zombie movies. I didnt see it mentioned but I haven't read through the thread yet. Brain Dead (aka Dead Alive) made by Peter Jackson. Yes the guy who did lord of the rings. It definitely goes on my current top 10 zombie movies list.

Top 5 zombie movies in no order:

Dawn of the Dead (original)

Rec

Rec 2

Dead Alive

Zombi

Those are the essential viewing of the genre in my humble opinion. I haven't seen Cemetery Man or City of the Living Dead yet. I loved 28 Days Later when I saw it but I rewatched not too long ago and I wasn't impressed. I don't like Danny Boyle.

• 1 month later...

a good zombie movie for tonight ? i have seen most of the recent ones except diary of the dead but the reviews don't seem so good. pontypool not really my kind... i may start looking at vintage, i haven't seen any except romero's.

i've heard "the horde" was great for zombies fan. only 2 cinemas had it in my city but one was too far and then when i started getting people into it it wasn't there anymore :/

the 2004 Dawn of the Dead is good. 28 Days Later and the sequel are dope, but different. I've only seen Quarantine (shame on me), but [Rec] and its sequel are supposed to be good. Dead Set is a british tv mini-series about zombies in a Big Brother house that I enjoyed.

Finally got around to watching the new Romero - Survival of the Dead (10mins torrent download). A lot of people seem to have been disappointed by it, but I thought it was actually really good. The characters were awesome because they weren't simply good or bad, but because a lot of them were selfish and had their own agenda, which is more believable and makes for better dynamics.

I wish the budget had been higher and I wasn't too keen on the Irish clan warfare (although were it actually set in Ireland it would have been cool), but otherwise definitely a good zombie movie. Plus I really liked how they tied it into Diary of the Dead.

• 1 month later...