zombiesdestroyedmylife

just saw George Romero's Diary of the Dead

diaryofthedeadwg7.jpg

i enjoyed it. felt fresh and intimate compared to the disneyworld scale of Land of the Dead. got me thinking about the genre. i feel like i've seen them all. hoping superfuture could lead me to the darker corners of the undead, the reeking alleys known only to a certain few. let's take it slow. and start from the beginning if we can.

^ I love the O.G. Night of the Living Dead but Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D kinda took the bite out of it. Check it out, it has some classic lines in there.

and yeah, Fulci's Zombie is deservedly considered a classic in the genre. Zombie vs. Shark, oh yeah!!!!

zombie-shark1.jpg

^ I love the O.G. Night of the Living Dead but Night of the Day of the Dawn of the Son of the Bride of the Return of the Revenge of the Terror of the Attack of the Evil, Mutant, Alien, Flesh Eating, Hellbound, Zombified Living Dead Part 2: In Shocking 2-D kinda took the bite out of it. Check it out, it has some classic lines in there.

and yeah, Fulci's Zombie is deservedly considered a classic in the genre. Zombie vs. Shark, oh yeah!!!!

My mother still will not watch Night of The Living Dead. I cant even say the name Barbra around her without her breaking down in tears.

I think the most entertaining one, as in, one that I can watch no matter what mood im in, is Dawn from 2004. If we're talking about the full zombie scope, I'll include 28 Days, and Cemetery Man as well.

I think the most entertaining one, as in, one that I can watch no matter what mood im in, is Dawn from 2004.

Wow, really? I am such a fan of the Romero Dawn of the Dead, I guess I had been put off by the notion of another director taking it on. Can I get someone to second ktothe on this one?

I do like the 28 ____ Later flicks.Very re-watchable. Imogen Poots makes the second one worth the price of admission. I normally prefer lumbering zombies, but these flicks make a great case for the... err... quick undead.

93951281az2.jpg

^ Is WWZ any good?

I've been reading The Walking Dead comics slowly. Or rather, I devour the graphic novel volumes quickly, but I acquire them at a snail's pace. They are pretty good, though I am in it for the cheap thrills rather than the character development, to be honest. Marvel Zombies is a fun romp.

Resident Evil is a guilty pleasure of mine. Mostly because I've never watched it sober. If I did, I probably wouldn't like it at all. I don't like the rest of the series.

I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but WW:Z the movie is currently in production.

Zombie movies are essential viewing IMHO.

I was pleased with the 2004 remake, and dowloaded a contemporary remake of "day of the dead" a couple weeks ago thinking it was "diary of ... " which I'm really looking forward to. Anyhow, this day of the dead thing was totally excremental .. a really nasty almost made for tv thing. Ugh.

Guest jmatsu

reanimator films.

the templar films.

i, zombie.

return of the living dead's first two film's and soundtracks are great.

glad ddml made this thread. fulchi is forever.

300_zombie2.jpg

not very scary, but a great film:

wild-zero.jpg

great zombie comedy:

ed999e2c.jpg

not bad:

junk.jpg

ummm - cemetery man aka dellamorte dellamore? great zombie flick. probably one of my favorites.

if my other computer hadn't died, i would've gladly shared some secert zombie flick streams that i dug up... lotta low budget exploitation style ones.

i actually was gonna use them for an art project :( dey gone now do.

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee zombie movies.

i need to download diary of the dead, there was a great article/review on it in the times when it came out the other week, and it really reminded me why i love zombie films so much. when they're kept on a small scale, where every corner is a tight fit and the characters are all forced into a cramped space, and it makes even the theatre feel small, then you know you've got a great zombie movie on your hands.

though i don't really consider 28 days/weeks later pure "zombie" flicks. more psychological horror/terror films. great movies though.

Guest jmatsu
ummm - cemetery man aka dellamorte dellamore? great zombie flick. probably one of my favorites.

this film was awesome. i liked it so much that i acutally started reading dylan dog comics a while back. good call jeep.

If you enjoyed Diary of the Dead then you'll enjoy the Spanish horror film [rec]

Teaser trailer

I believe Hollywood are doing a remake called Quarantine.

I was bored and in the mood to watch a movie so I checked out [Rec], the movie was good but the shakey "realistic" recording style got old fast. There were points in the movie where I wasn't sure what was happening but nontheless the movie was pretty damn good. The last 10 mins of the movie was the best part and I wished there was more but it ended. I saw people on IMDB giving it 10's and others with 1 or 2's, its all opinion I guess. I would personally give it an 8 or 9

If anyone wants a good quality move link here-

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3885128BZhYtRcR?confirmed=1

You have to register and download the VeohTV program but its well worth it.

Right now i'm going to check out Biozombie

biozombie.jpg

Guest jmatsu
I was bored and in the mood to watch a movie so I checked out [Rec], the movie was good but the shakey "realistic" recording style got old fast. There were points in the movie where I wasn't sure what was happening but nontheless the movie was pretty damn good. The last 10 mins of the movie was the best part and I wished there was more but it ended. I saw people on IMDB giving it 10's and others with 1 or 2's, its all opinion I guess. I would personally give it an 8 or 9

If anyone wants a good quality move link here-

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v3885128BZhYtRcR?confirmed=1

You have to register and download the VeohTV program but its well worth it.

Right now i'm going to check out Biozombie

biozombie.jpg

biozombie fuckin sucked and every character dressed/was stupid.

^^ I've checked out Biozombie, I don't know how I feel about it really. I just remember it being from those same dudes that did that jap movie Versus.

As far as [rec] goes I've seen teasers/trailers quite some time ago and I'm just not sure how I feel about first person view type of shooting (as said above I do believe it'll get old quick.)

I don't know if this is real or not but people need to stop trying to play god. Apparently it takes place in the 40s and soviet scientists reanimate a dog.

http://www.undeadreport.com/2008/02/soviet-reanimated-dog-head-film-revisited/#more-61

this film was awesome. i liked it so much that i acutally started reading dylan dog comics a while back. good call jeep.

That was my call, jerk!

Im going to check out all those AZN zombie flicks next. Im grabbing [rec] right now.

zombies fucking rule

zombie is definitely up there, i mean look at the stills posted in this thread already... how can you go wrong

return of the living dead was awesome.. i saw this flick called dead and breakfast with jeremy sisto and david carradine a while back too, wasn't terrible

ummmmm yeah. zombies.

Wow, just saw [rec] last night. Sure it didn't bring much new to the table [except for maybe like, a couple things in the last 15 minutes or so] but it was pretty intense. Loved the setting of it. And like pretty much everyone else who's seen it, the last 10 minutes or so were freaking amazing.

I'm going to hate the US remake =[