Supreme 2008 S/S

Dead_Wizard

milspex: whats wrong with this seasons stuff besides the aesthetic?

you mean the sizing? or silhouette right?

Anyway I don`t like the aesthetic either lately. Its fruitcakes on parade..fucken too many bright colors/pastels on EVERYTHING and box logos everywhere..just a couple of nice pieces like those border tees or the short sleeve button downs but whats the point? the sizing is FUCKED UP. Why bother I`m saying..just buy old Supreme you can trust.

tees are alright I guess. amadeus is prolly the strongest imo. but thats up to you. You sound like you`re asking my permission to buy it or something..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=dunkin deeznuts;1025601only things that fit normal so far have been the new eras.....

It's a shame that there hasn't been a new era worth buying yet this season. Unless they have something nice in the wings, the oxford side logo is probably going to be the only one I buy this season.

It's a shame that there hasn't been a new era worth buying yet this season. Unless they have something nice in the wings, the oxford side logo is probably going to be the only one I buy this season.

ive bought 2 supreme new eras this year....the simple "S" and the polo "flags" rip

havent worn either yet.......

”S” New Era was nice

S was alright but I'm more of a fan of their less branded ones. Sounds stupid when I'm talking about a sidelogo being the only one I'm getting this season, but in the past they've usually offered a decent variety of old school NY team logo flips and original designs along with the usual side logo/box logo ones.

\/\/\/\/

Last springs vans collabo was comparatively cheap. Like 60'ish for the chukkas and cabs, 50 something for oldskools? I'm assuming the Bad Brains stuff was expensive because of the band aspect.

the striped sweaters kind of looked ass and i have no idea why anyone would pay that amount of money for them (my guess is they won't). i kind of liked the idea of the tartan new eras but the box logo doesn't play well with it for some reason so i passed. i'm kind of side logoed out, so hopefully they'll start using the "s" logo on top of their patterned fitteds - it would be a lot more consistent with the ball cap approach and i could totally get behind that.

i do feel kind of bad for the larger supreme heads on the new sizing, though as a "smedium" it's nice to not have to feel rushed into buying cut and sewn because it was a crapshoot if you could get one of the handful of smalls they bothered to make (you can see this on the secondary market as well, very few smalls come up on ebay - don't follow yahoo jp though).

as for frute swagz, i don't see it as being particularly out of character for a spring/summer collection and have no problem as long as normal colors available as well (which invariably is the case). it's true the fleeces have been out of control lame thus far and not only because of the cheap blanks they're using.

Last springs vans collabo was comparatively cheap. Like 60'ish for the chukkas and cabs, 50 something for oldskools? I'm assuming the Bad Brains stuff was expensive because of the band aspect.

maybe you're thinking of the sale price (if they went on sale)? last spring's chukkas and half cabs were definitely at least 88, which is what i'd imagine they'll be this time around

the striped sweaters kind of looked ass and i have no idea why anyone would pay that amount of money for them (my guess is they won't). i kind of liked the idea of the tartan new eras but the box logo doesn't play well with it for some reason so i passed. i'm kind of side logoed out, so hopefully they'll start using the "s" logo on top of their patterned fitteds - it would be a lot more consistent with the ball cap approach and i could totally get behind that.

i do feel kind of bad for the larger supreme heads on the new sizing, though as a "smedium" it's nice to not have to feel rushed into buying cut and sewn because it was a crapshoot if you could get one of the handful of smalls they bothered to make (you can see this on the secondary market as well, very few smalls come up on ebay - don't follow yahoo jp though).

as for frute swagz, i don't see it as being particularly out of character for a spring/summer collection and have no problem as long as normal colors available as well (which invariably is the case). it's true the fleeces have been out of control lame thus far and not only because of the cheap blanks they're using.

Obviously I did, as you can see from the pictures I posted. I actually had some store credit from here and there so I decided to cop these.

New Era Tartans: @ $48 each, passed. Great colorways but way to light for a new era hat. The bill was too stiff for surrounding fabric, made it feel wimpy at best. IMO the NE "S" cap this season was best one thus far, simple but to the point.

Sizing: I could actually get away with both L and XL when it comes to L/S and S/S styles this year, its just my personal preference to have a bit loose (XL). However, this seasons sweaters and tees get real wide and short when moving from L to XL, thus I stuck with L for those.

Got word from inside (don't know how true though) that the Vans may be an online drop only....all these asians on Sufu and no one can translate these images ?

what's retail on those striped sweaters?

$110

you mean the sizing? or silhouette right?

Anyway I don`t like the aesthetic either lately. Its fruitcakes on parade..fucken too many bright colors/pastels on EVERYTHING and box logos everywhere..just a couple of nice pieces like those border tees or the short sleeve button downs but whats the point? the sizing is FUCKED UP. Why bother I`m saying..just buy old Supreme you can trust.

tees are alright I guess. amadeus is prolly the strongest imo. but thats up to you. You sound like you`re asking my permission to buy it or something..

Nah never that, just wondering what your opinion was. I was wondering more about quality issues.

I'm over the fruit swagz so maybe I'll stick to getting the old stuff I always wanted, except for the Amadeus shirt.

basquiat tee is an way old and too sick. was on my list for a while till last year with the pollock box tee.
the vans as online exclusive rumor sounds pretty farfetched.

there's neckloads of basquiat t-shirts at uniqlo right now for a fraction of that starting price btw, not that i want to stand in anyone's way to pay a bill+ for a beat-up old t-shirt.

werd...that basquiat tee...the ssur x supreme king kong...and the supreme jordan wings tees were def top of my supreme tee wants.....

and bought a couple of the uniqlo joints....still not the same..but i aint spending $100 for it....

The colors on that Camacho shirt are craze!

Supreme definitely captured the era with this one.

dfe5_1.JPG

i just love that color of pastel lime green they do from time to time

havent seen it this season, bought a lolita tee in that neony green and its just a bit too much

Stopped by NYC today to pick up the plane shorts; looks like they were selling quick. Saw a few pairs go out before me, I got the last pair of 34's in khaki, girl in front got last pair of black in 36. Fit true to size; was totally expecting to get home and have to use a shoe horn to fit in them.

Plane sport cap is sweet. You can't tell from the pics, but the detailing is all really glossy and sturdy feeling. White one looked great, but went for black instead. For the guy worrying about them selling out, check the website, I don't even think they're gone from there yet.