Blue Jean Confidential - The Denim Documentary

kiya

On and off over the last two years i've helped a gentleman by the name of Tony Coleman with odds and ends over a documentary he's been directing by the name of Blue Jean Confidential.

This documentary was being paid for by the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) and was to be an hour long documentary about all things and the history of denim.

There are quite of few things within this doc that i think many Superfuture users would love to see such as going denim hunting in old coal miner houses, crazed old denim dealers in Russia, inner workings of Japanese denim companies, and the first Self Edge x Superfuture Superparty (now you know what the camera crew was there for..).

For those in Canada, the film is airing this Thursday at 8pm on CBC. For those with easy access to San Francisco, we're going to have a nearly free showing or two in SF sometime in late March at a community theatre, more info on that soon..

It was fun helping out with this and even though I haven't seen the finished version, the parts I have seen are impressive for a mainstream documentary about denim. I haven't seen the final version, so i'm not sure how much of the things i mentioned above made the final cut, but regardless, this could be the best made for TV doc about denim and jeans ever made.

Here's a little promo vid that is NOT a good representation of what the film contains:

7U7R9-Dk3r8

Here is a cool snippet about a denim collector that some of you may have heard of:

wNefWpdQcY4

Exciting. Any way for people across the pond to see it?

It's sticky because the CBC owns it, but i'm working on it...

pretty exciting CBC is picking this up of all networks.

They didn't only "pick this up", they started it and paid for the entire thing to be made.

Cool Kiya. "Pretty please them with sugar on top" to release it on DVD and we can all supercop it. Still haven't veiwed China Blue, it was at some film festival but missed it.

Very exciting, would be great to see.

Who is the crazy denim hunter/collector?

His name is Brit and his website is Carpedenim.com. He's an absoulte trip in person, total nut job....in a good way. He stops by Stronghold whenever he's out in L.A. for Rosebowl

Just found out that "the men in suits" from CBC cut my interview AND the Superfuture party from the final version...

I've got a DVD with all the cut footage somewhere though.. maybe i can edit together my own version, The Superfuture Edit. haha..