Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I just got my SkG Broken twills yesterday and they're kinda baggy and they look long as fuck (I'm 5'7)which adds to the bagginess. The stacks look really weird and i cuffed twice. I think this is all cause they're too baggy.

Would tapering them make the stacks look better? And just a random question how many times do you guys cuff?

If the stacks are looking weird you dont need to taper them, you need to get them hemmed.

I got a pair of N&F WeirdGuy in Deep Indigo last week in size 29 and they fit me perfectly. When I first put them on I was able to button the top button fine, but had huge trouble with the lowest one. It wasn't because they were small, but because the denim was so hard and the hole had never been opened/used. About two hours of wearing them softened the fly enough so I was able to button all buttons. In fact, I'm wearing them right now doing some at-home breaking in as it's 103F (40C) outside :wacko:

ANYWAY, I wanted to share my frustration with a pair of SkinnyGuy Elephant 2s which I received yesterday, also in size 29. Absolutely couldn't fit into them - not even close. The top button was at least an inch from the hole. I felt like I was the elephant in this case. :blink: Very disappointed, and now have to deal with returning them to the Tate+Yoko shop in Canada, which is a hassle, and they don't even do refunds. ARGH. Anyway, I'm considering going a totally different direction and exchanging for a WeirdGuy in Lightweight Selvedge size 29.

Any suggestions, advice, or comments on the Lightweight Selvedge denim if you've worn it? Thanks!

I understand what you're saying, but it really isn't my truly problem, it's a company problem at the very least, and getting to be an industry problem. It'd be nice if at least a brand is consistent in what the waist measures for all the fits they make. It's always this f*c*ed up guessing game we, the people who keep these companies in business by buying their stuff, have to play, wasting time and money in the process. Am I asking for too much here?

Guessing? I'd rather call it reading, it's written everywhere that the weird guy is vanity sized. Heck I don't even own any N&F and I know that. Size charts are also there for a reason, if you can't be arsed to measure your own jeans you could atleast compare two size charts.

I understand what you're saying, but it really isn't my truly problem, it's a company problem at the very least, and getting to be an industry problem. It'd be nice if at least a brand is consistent in what the waist measures for all the fits they make. It's always this f*c*ed up guessing game we, the people who keep these companies in business by buying their stuff, have to play, wasting time and money in the process. Am I asking for too much here?

your fault. and i'm sure you read the no refund policy of t+y before you ordered.

your fault. and i'm sure you read the no refund policy of t+y before you ordered.

actually, i didn't. i went to the t+y website to see how much shipping would be from Canada. unfortunately, tateandyoko's website is horrible for shopping. I entered my info to see the total with shipping, and pressed "continue" which just went ahead and submitted the order. worst website I've ordered from in quite awhile. beats me how there's no "place order" button - very misleading. i just went ahead and kept the order anyway, so yes, it's my fault on that end.

Guessing? I'd rather call it reading, it's written everywhere that the weird guy is vanity sized. Heck I don't even own any N&F and I know that. Size charts are also there for a reason, if you can't be arsed to measure your own jeans you could atleast compare two size charts.

You know man, i'll be damned if I'm going to let you or anyone else tell me about reading. yeah, I read the charts. they are not accurate. on the T+Y website it is stated that size 29 skinny guy elephant 2 measures 30". wrong. the pair I received measures 28". so don't you teach me about size charts and measuring.

geez, all I asked for is "any suggestions, advice, or comments on the lightweight selvedge denim if you've worn it? thanks!" and I'm getting nothing but hatred back. if you really want to help me comment on my question about the lightweight selvedge N&F make...

Edited by rexlucis

rexlucis... dont worry about those guys, they aren't trying to hate on you. People on these forums just get a bit jumpy sometimes.

You can see on the t+y website in the faq section that shipping to usa in flat $10. I guess that info should be more "in your face".

Also, you can always email [email protected] with questions on fit and sizing before you buy. He's pretty helpful.

In my experience you gotta size down 1 on the WeirdGuy fit. You can simply solve your issue by exchanging your 29 SkinnyGuy for a 30.

My friend has the lightweight selvedge and he loves it for summertime. Its totally the opposite of elephant denim which you've got now. In my opinion, if you already have a 15oz deep indigo, then maybe changing gears to the lightweight is a great idea for some diversity in your wardrobe.

hey dhalgren!

thanks for the great message, I appreciate your advice! yeah, I totally missed the $10 shipping to usa on the faq page - it was 11pm when I was doing my research when I ended up ordering anyway. I was fascinated with the elephant 2s and really wanted them, so that's why I didn't end up cancelling.

I've been exchanging emails with Alex from T+Y - he's been helpful, we're working everything out.

really appreciate your comments on the lightweight selvedge. I've decided to go with it as I have like 15 pairs of mid-to-heavyweight jeans and it's time to get something a bit lighter, especially since I live in Austin TX and we actually hit 109F / 43C today. So i'm 100% with you - time to diversify!

Thanks again for your help! Cheers!

rexlucis... dont worry about those guys, they aren't trying to hate on you. People on these forums just get a bit jumpy sometimes.

You can see on the t+y website in the faq section that shipping to usa in flat $10. I guess that info should be more "in your face".

Also, you can always email [email protected] with questions on fit and sizing before you buy. He's pretty helpful.

In my experience you gotta size down 1 on the WeirdGuy fit. You can simply solve your issue by exchanging your 29 SkinnyGuy for a 30.

My friend has the lightweight selvedge and he loves it for summertime. Its totally the opposite of elephant denim which you've got now. In my opinion, if you already have a 15oz deep indigo, then maybe changing gears to the lightweight is a great idea for some diversity in your wardrobe.

Good things worked out, Rex. From what I understand, T&Y uses generic measurements irrespective of the denim. Usually you're okay, but after trying on the Elephants I guarantee they're a size off their measurements.

hi guys,

just here to clear some things up.

The store carries the entire n&f collection from the last 2 seasons + current, and all sizes from 27 to 42 (if available), so size charts for n&f core (repeat) styles as well as everything from past collections are generic for the time being.. I'm one person running the entire operation from a to z (photography, editing, shipping + everything else Brandon needs me to do), so there's simply not enough time!

With that said, waist measurements for the new n&f arrivals should be accurate as I've taken them myself. If you need the other measurements, please don't hesitate to send me a quick email. I usually respond right away, or within a couple hours.

rex - I understand your frustration with the sizing and I'll definitely try to make things right. Expect a reply to your last email tomorrow morning when i get in.

In regards to the checkout and the online store in general- it's definitely a work in progress. It's our first foray into ecommerce so we're looking to improve. Expect a better shopping experience by v2.0 ;)

A-B Fits in San Francisco has the coolest staff. I would like to give a big thank you to Samantha. She is the coolest. She has worked on several pairs of jeans for me, and is very good at Chain Stitching and such. Naked And Famous Redcore.tumblr_m6eqhoyGRp1qjzppxo1_1280.png

Forums_pic.png

My Elephant 2s at 4 months(16 weeks)! No wash or soaks, I did however give it a damp cloth wipe down. Just from seeing some of the other E2s posted, I’m kind of considering washing them soon. Opinions anyone?

So guys, just picked up my second pair of raws- first were PBJ xx007s about 6 months ago, these latest ones are N&F Skinny Guy Reverse Indigos... I've done a bit of googling and such, can't find much - if any - reference to these things online... anyone have any fade pics?