CHEAP raw selvedge denim?

jubei

they fit a big loose, with straigh leg. i haven't had mine long enough to comment on the fade. also, they're sanforized so there's little to none shrinkage. overall, i like 'em. they're the first pair i pick when i need to go do something abusive, i.e. changing a flat tire in the rain.

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche icon_smile_angry.gif

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God icon_smile_cool.gif

If you are in Los Angeles, my recommendation is to drive down to Long Beach and pick up a pair of Evil Denim. They are 95$, selvedge, and Japanese denim. They are cinch back reproductions, but you can just cut off the buckle if you don't want it. Also unless you want a big cuff, you should hem them too, but for 95$ you cannot beat that with a stick. I'll post pics and info tomorrow hopefully.

The next best bargain in selvedge jeans, after Uniqlo, I would say are the Edwin's available on Ebay for £45 ($83 approx). They are a well known, well established denim brand from Japan, and the jeans are excellent quality and fit. Here's the link to the guys Ebay shop.....

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Pool-supplies-uk_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astorenameiconQQtZkm

Quote:

No cheap mondays arent selvedge. Btw, I heard that the £45 Edwins on ebay were fakes, confirm?

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Sep 6, 2005 03:27 AM

There was a thread on the FUK forums about this, and someone actually went to an Edwin stockist and compared their Ebay bought ones directly with the ones in the store and could tell no difference at all.

I've got a pair myself and I obviously can't say categorically that they aren't fakes, but if they are then you would be VERY hard pressed to spot the differences.

The EVIL jeans are good...lots of my friends have them. very nice repros of 1937 Levis 501 with buckleback and redline selvage. the denim is actually made in singapore on japanese shuttle loom machines so for all intent and purpose it's "japanese" denim

you can get them from SUGAR LEE on 4th st in the antique block just east of Cherry Ave for $95

Edited by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 6, 2005 at 12:26 PM

Quote:

The EVIL jeans are good...lots of my friends have them. very nice repros of 1937 Levis 501 with buckleback and redline selvage. the denim is actually made in singapore on japanese shuttle loom machines so for all intent and purpose it's "japanese" denim

you can get them from SUGAR LEE on 4th st in the antique block just east of Cherry Ave for $95

Edited by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 6, 2005 at 12:26 PM

--- Original message by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 6, 2005 12:25 PM

where is SUGARLEE located at? Long Beach?

Thanks

Sugar Lee is on 2146 E. 4th St in Long Beach, just east of Cherry Ave on the "antique row"....if yer in the general area you cant miss it.

he was just selling them at the Hollywood Rockabilly Showdown 3-day weekender this past weekend.

hepcat Sweden is now selling them, has some pics too

http://www.hepcat.se/index.php?cPath=2_70

Edited by Teddy Boy Rocker on Sep 6, 2005 at 03:53 PM