Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

My New Years resolution is switch to W&C, with a little CXL and a dash of shell thrown in for good measure.

Bored and Lazy.... there can oly be so many templates in this world. no one is completely original! But it is the exact same wallet isn't it?

good find ! just look at this one every body and their brother sells a version of this one! Nothing is new under the Sun.cardcase_02.jpgcardcase_01.jpg

Edited by thecolosseum

Some Horween veg tanned horse butt

horsehidebillfoldwings.jpg

horsehidebillfoldwings2.jpg

Great burnish as usual dude, Liked how you actually creased and burnish the edge of the card slots so nicely. But it looks like a monster to carry.! What oz did u used for the guts and shell.?

Edited by ItsJustNC

Ahh.... I see... I guess it must have been a trick of light or the angle. It just looks really thick in the image.! Haha.!

But damn... I can't seem to get over how even the burnish is on the card slots.! I hate doing it cause 2-3oz tends to crumple and it gets a lil uneven at some parts of the burnish.

IMG_5729.JPG

lucaas

Yes I found that veg tanned horse butt especially has loads of those beautiful marbling.

ItsJustNC

I don't do too much to the card slot edges actually. Just put a bit of water and gum trag and gave it some light brisk wipes with a rag. Don't moisten the edges too much at a time or it will tend to fold over and dent. I hold the piece near the edge so that the edge stays relatively firm as I run the rag through them.

By the way for your card case did you stitch the lining to the exterior or am I missing something?

Edited by lazybum

Ah... I think i might have been a wee bit rough, thats why some of the burnishes on the card slots are thicker for that piece. I did use a rag and gum trag too, but it keeps slipping... After this piece, i haven't been burnish card slots. After seeing yours, i think i might wanna try one again.! I think this time round I'm not gonna bevel it.

Oh no dude, that is a wallet.! Haha.! A bifold i made in May last year.

Oh yea, hows gum trag suiting you.? I stopped using the stuff and switched to good ol' water. Its a bit to slimy for my liking. And the fact that i'd have to buy and ship it is a pain. I get better results with water anyways.!

Great burnish as usual dude, Liked how you actually creased and burnish the edge of the card slots so nicely. But it looks like a monster to carry.! What oz did u used for the guts and shell.?

very nice!!!

Bored and Lazy.... there can oly be so many templates in this world. no one is completely original! But it is the exact same wallet isn't it?

good find ! just look at this one every body and their brother sells a version of this one! Nothing is new under the Sun.cardcase_02.jpgcardcase_01.jpg

I make both of those for Ugmonk, the card case is a unique color way I did for them. They add their branding.

Edited by corter

Those of you who are getting a dark burnished edge- are you doing it manually, or with a Dremel?

I've been mixing up a nice olive color lately...

89778b1e.jpg

Corter I hope I didn't offend you or your craft after all you are kind of my Leather Idol as of right now! What I was saying to BORED N LAZY was that no matter what anyone does in art, there is inspiration drawn from other craftsmen. This is done with everything... art is a great example...every artist takes inspiration, themes and techniques from other artist...this isn't copying or being unoriginal it is part of art and the process of creating.

I made an iPad case as well. Terrible color balance on my camera but you get the idea.

6643285259_cb85499fd4_z.jpg

iPad case by PaleoDenim, on Flickr

I'm not thrilled with the snap closure. The male post is between the shell and a tab you can't see in the picture so there's no metal on the inside, but the whole thing is labor intensive. I'm definitely going tongue and loop next time.

Edited by raWorkshop

^^^^^SICK!!!!!

Zissou! When i saw you post i kinda laughed, cause i was just talking about doing green wallets with my good friend.

i miss that hunter/british racing green color. amazing dye job! really nice color depth.

i got a nice piece of green shell cordovan a few months back. just sent these out to some clients last week.

6661836623_cf98c93ba4_z.jpg

6661836433_ecd6b467ab_z.jpg

6661836335_2dc1166f76_z.jpg

Eric/Corter's bags look great, but I'm not sure if he's selling them or not, otherwise Strawfoot is another small operation that specializes in totes.

I'll be making them in a couple months! Garret from Strawfoot's a great dude as well if you need one super quick.

Made myself a new belt out of a not-so-perfect blank I cut this weekend. Spencer, formerly of Traffic Bikes, made me this solid copper buckle about a year and a half ago and I've been waiting to use it. Stitching more to prevent belt stretch than looks, really don't like stitching belts.

6667260979_722aa86f02_z.jpg

Edited by corter

Damn, TBG that green shell is hot! It took me a little while to mix a green that I liked, but I am happy with it.

I'm setting 40 snaps (which is really 80 snap halves) by hand for a bulk order, and really wishing I had a press! My hands are killing me after the first 20.

Edited by zissou