Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

I'll post again when I finish the pockets. For now I'm taking a couple days off to let my fingers heal. I am very happy with the fit but It was close and looking back on the job it was pretty risky. If I were to do it again there would be a couple spots where I would leave more of an allowance. specifically around the neck and hood. I put the slit in the wrong side of the sleeve but then I swapped the sleeves to correct the issue. It is very warm.

IMG_4135.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

Made a new version of the card case. I can't decide if I want to use it, though, because my first one aged so nicely:rolleyes:

cardcase2sm.jpg

cardcasessm.jpg

Can any of you suggest a good book that would teach me the very basics of leathercrafting. All these simple cardholders etc have really inspired me to give it a go. I've made some belts which are remarkably simple to do but fancy trying my hand at something that involves stitching.

Also want to try to plait a reign so if anyone can advise how that's done?

Thanks in advance.

What all does the Al Stohlman book teach? I really don't see the point of buying a book for something as simple as stitching. I've always just used a saddle stitch.

I've never made a reign but I imagine you could just google lanyard (those plastic Napoleon Dynamite style ones :P) weaving/braiding patterns and find something that would work.

I just ordered the Corter premium natural belt. I am very much looking forward to seeing it in person. I wandered all over Toronto the other day looking for an natural leather belt but I couln't find one anywhere.

I did the exact same just about a week ago, excited for it to come in as well. Only place in Toronto that carries a natural leather belt would have to be uncle otis with their tanner belts. And I appreciate the penfield offer superbev, not what I was looking for though

I did the exact same just about a week ago, excited for it to come in as well. Only place in Toronto that carries a natural leather belt would have to be uncle otis with their tanner belts. And I appreciate the penfield offer superbev, not what I was looking for though

I am also very excited. No worries with the Penfield... just don't pay 290 if you get it. Remind the store (I am guessing Over The Rainbow or Decibel) that everywhere else has then 50% off. I tried out the Tanner belts at Uncle Otis and while nice they only had small sizes and I am not a small guy. Love that Corter does them custom sized to you.

Hi all, I'm obbigood. Though I've been reading up sufu for informations, I have never really posted my leather works here until recently when some members posted a review thread for me here. Anyway, here are some items I've done til date, pls give me some comments and feedback, there are more pics at my blogsite, Thanks :)

TheExplorerJournalVegTanBag4.jpg

1970SpeedMasterStraps2.jpg

AztecLongVegTanWallet6.jpg

VTMWseries-01.jpg

FG-VTMW04-09.jpg

DArtMidWalletV3withBeltClip1.jpg

Mid wallet I'm using now

IMG_2251-1.jpg

really awesome stuff obbi....is that snakeskin on the wallet and fob?

Yes, Headmut :) Authentic python skin as inlay.

Obbi- is that watch a vintage Omega?
I thought it was an old flightmaster too, but the case looks much too tall...

And yes :) vintage Omega Speedmaster.