Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

I need to make myself a black belt for work, and I am curious if anyone in here has found rectangular center bar buckles that are taller than they are wide (a la the SC belt below in the Self Edge product pic)?

tsb.jpg

this by no means is a too good but went to a tannery and the guy told us we could take as many scraps as we wanted(included some pretty big bits like 1m long by about 30cm) ,just made this in like an hour,first ever leather creation.No real proper equipment at all.

P1030100.jpg

P1030101.jpg

P1030102.jpg

I need to make myself a black belt for work, and I am curious if anyone in here has found rectangular center bar buckles that are taller than they are wide (a la the SC belt below in the Self Edge product pic)?

that's a garrison style buckle, hence the belt's name

though I think SC makes their own buckles, if you google "garrison buckle" you'll find plenty of places that offer similar things

• 2 weeks later...

I've got an old belt from my grandfather but it's coming apart... what glue should I use to put it back together?

corter ^^^ love your shit, like everybody else here too :)

super great job with everything

just a question: how do you sew the '3d' part of your saddle bag? is it one continuous leather piece folded around and sewn into a 3d shape from the inside?

If i could have a photo of the interior construction, I would love you more.

corter ^^^ love your shit, like everybody else here too :)

super great job with everything

just a question: how do you sew the '3d' part of your saddle bag? is it one continuous leather piece folded around and sewn into a 3d shape from the inside?

If i could have a photo of the interior construction, I would love you more.

i believe it's called a gusset? i'm not sure, i just kinda fooled around until i found a construction that worked. it's a continuous piece, yes, then the sides are individual pieces.

it's sewn just like you would sew 2 flat pieces together. you just punch each piece seperate and be careful to mark your stitches evenly so they line up when you're joining them.

• 1 month later...

Great work as always corter.

I got a knife case kit for $5 from Tandy and it's a tad too tight to fit my leatherman in. Aside from restitching it, which i'll probably do anyway, is there another way to stretch the leather a little bit? I was thinking maybe using clamps on each each side and leaving it like that for a while. Or should I soak in water first, worried that it will shrink the leather.

img2478.jpg