Self Edge x Flat Head

Dam Its Johnny

I measured my 29's today and the waist is just shy of 33 inches.

YIKES, I would have bought your 30's if it was earlier in the game, but I think I'm at the point of no return with my pair. Can't complain though, as they fit great for the most part, it would just be nice to have that extra inch in the waist for comfort.

EDIT: I did a mini soak for the bottom portion of the pants- pretty much where the stacks are. They got kinda filthy, and I wanted that area a bit more relaxed. I'm sure it won't do much, but whatever, thought I'd share. I'll get some updated fit pics, the jeans haven't changed much, save for some subtle stretching/slouching here and there.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could have done a 29, but to be honest, I was going through this "Fuck skinny jeans" phase, and they were almost too similar to my skulls. Albeit with a lower rise.

I think they're 32 inches now (they held steadfast at 30 until recently while I wore them high, but I stretched out like two days ago) and 10.5-11 in the thigh. 7 inch leg opening. I'll take updated fit pics in a bit.

Also, these wear in really quick. Only about two weeks worth of work in em, and I see raised areas of color, I think I'll be able to catch up in the 8 or so months if I wear em everyday. hah.

I agree with you LL... I just wish I could have gotten a pair of 31's instead of 30's so I could slouch down a bit more.

I know someone is selling some 31's so if anybody wants to buy my size 30's give me a shout!

Mine was skin tight when i first worn them but now they have become loose and i can slouch down alot.

how long u been wearing them?

Mine was skin tight when i first worn them but now they have become loose and i can slouch down alot.

how long u been wearing them?

Ever since they came out lol what's that like 4 months? I can slouch them a LITTLE bit, but I kind of have a bubble butt so theyr'e a bit too tight to slouch down any more than that. I just know that a 31 would fit me a bit better.

How many times have those been soaked/washed....that looks like a lot of roping for how young they are.

no kidding, strong start.

you guys who get to wear these all day every day are so lucky. i hate my job and having to wear a uniform.

i found that my recent soak opened up the colour of these jeans so much, they're losing indigo way more easily now. think i'll do another update soon-ish.

I've been wearing these since they came out, but most of the serious progress has come in the last two weeks or so. They have been soaked 2 or 3 times, and just got done drying from their first machine wash. The pictures are alright, but aren't a very good indication of how vibrant the indigo is.

DSCN0835.jpg

DSCN0809.jpg

DSCN0834.jpg

DSCN0843.jpg

DSCN0815.jpg

I did tan it, but not anywhere near to where it is now. It has been crazy watching it develop patina so quickly.

And just like that, minor crotch blowout begins. Now the question is to send them in for repairs, do something myself, or trust a tailor in the LA area to do a good job. I need to get a sewing machine and learn how to do proper repairs.

Welcome to day 150. I thought a few snaps were in order and so I used the Sidney Lo Method© of denim documentation - laying the jeans in question on the nearest bit of concrete that is in flat even shadowed light, and then photograph. I purposely tried to keep the shots as flat as possible so as not to overstate the fading contrast, but may have erred on the side of caution - in particular on the whiskers which are more pronounced than the images would indicate. The colour on these changes quite dramatically under differing lighting conditions, but I endeavored to replicate the same conditions under which the last series of evo shots were taken.

EDIT: These have had two soaks - an initial 30 minute cold soak followed by the same a month ago after getting soaked during a torrential downpour at a Radiohead concert.

2008-09-28-Back_01.jpg

2008-09-28-Front_01.jpg

2008-09-28-Front_02.jpg

2008-09-28-Back_02.jpg

2008-09-28-Knees_01.jpg

2008-09-28-Combs.jpg

2008-09-28-Stacks_Front.jpg