Weird/bad habits / SuperOCDtics

Charlie Delta

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I constantly double click, sometimes triple click the alarm on my car whenever I go in somewhere bc I think I left the doors open.

I hop back and forth on my snowboard before each new run, been doing it for years. This is instead of just going.

Left shoe on first, always.

can't leave dishes in the sink, even if there not mine I just wash them real quick and put them on the side not away. I just can't have them in the sink.

bite my nails cronically till theres nothing left of them.

theres prob more, but thats all for now.

My habit is symmetry.

If I tap a foot on the floor I have to tap the other

If I step on a crack in the sidewalk with one foot I have to step on another with the other

If I crack a wrist, I have to crack the other.

If I tense one leg---

If I touch two fingers together on one hand

If I turn on my turn signal accidentally, I have to turn it the other way too.

There are a lot more, and I usually end up repeating whatever I did with both sides a couple of times just to make sure they feel even.

same here.

i cant stop moving. like when im waiting, i do these weird rythmic movements. and when im sitting, my legs always shaking. always. like just right now, when i was brushing my teeth, i was bouncing myself off the sink towards and away from the mirror. then i started rocking back and forth while turning 360 degrees, and then i started to walk in and out of the bathroom. i think i have ADD.

i started to crack my knuckles a few years ago. i also crack my jaw. and i push my tongue against the back of my teeth and rub it up and down up and down.

when i was like ten, i used to exhale sharply. and i used to grind my teeth.

jeez even your writing style is erratic..

i have the same issue as kiya, maybe not in a huge rush, but i hate to wear nice clothes at home , get em dirty etc.. i change into the most comfortable ish.

since this is gonna turn to a post your ocds, im gonna do that instead.

whenever i go grocery shopping i cannot grab the item in the front, cause someone else might have touched it, and people are dirty

this is usually more when im alone and not distracted, but i usually count steps if im walking alone or climbing stairs.

i have to match my clothes, shirt/hat to shoes, if i dont i feel like people are staring at me.

if i stand still too long i start swaying, im dead serious when i say this, i hope its just a bad habit and doesnt turn out to be parkinsons

last one, for now, i really overthink everything. example i would probably have 3 times the posts if i was more impetuous but there have been hella time where i just read what i wrote before hitting post, and just close the window.

[edit]

just thought of another weird one.

when i drink i cant be the first one done, so you usually see me with a tiny bit left in my glass till the others finish theirs first.

Having unopened copies of DVDs is something Patrick Bateman would probably do in 2007/8. I wonder what today's equivalent of the Phil Collins fandom would be?

I keep a pretty clean house, but I always leave my breakfast dishes out. Coming home to a bowl with a thin film of evaporating milk and an OJ glass with fingerprints on it is gross.

I yell at other drivers/cars, mostly when alone but often even with other people in the car. Generally, I think less of people who do this. Including myself.

i use my cell phone as an alarm clock, so after i set it, i usually check it like 3 or 4 times before i can sleep

when my moustache grows really long, i find myself using my tongue to play with it on the side of my mouth. i do this while walking around and sometimes accidentally make eye contact with people with my tongue hanging out like a retard

when i drink, i never pour my own shots

i move either of my legs when im sitting. when im in a car, i count the white lines by intervals of 2. dont know if this is going to make sense but if i hear a word i spell it out on my fingers and if the word doesn't have ten letters i add another short word to complete 10 letters, for ten fingers that i have. i think of songs in my head then tap out the drum parts with my fingers on a table, and its usually double bass/blast beat stuff so people around me are like fucking stop, its annoying!. im constantly fixing my beanie and clothes i have on because i think it looks like shit if i dont fix it. smell my breath by inhaling in, getting a wiff of it.

yea im over it.

when im working, i have to make sure that th clothes on the rack are TOTALLY evenly spaced out with each other or it bugs me.

when clothes are folded and not hung, the stack better be completely in line on each other.

and some other stuff afk dinner.

i use my cell phone as an alarm clock, so after i set it, i usually check it like 3 or 4 times before i can sleep

when my moustache grows really long, i find myself using my tongue to play with it on the side of my mouth. i do this while walking around and sometimes accidentally make eye contact with people with my tongue hanging out like a retard

when i drink, i never pour my own shots

i do this too.

but my annoying habit is setting the alarm for an hour before i intend on getting up.

and hitting the snooze repeatedly.

funny, I do this too but Verizon phones have a dismiss option that lets you turn the alarm off and it won't go back off again. Ive gotten so good at turning the damn thing off i actually have to leave the celly across the room so I'm forced to get up and go get it.

I constantly double click, sometimes triple click the alarm on my car whenever I go in somewhere bc I think I left the doors open.

me too! because it's a habit to automatically lock your doors and you don't notice it and then it's like wtf? did i lock it? i'm the same with the lock on my room door.

i bite my nails. i stopped for a while because i started getting my nails done. but i bit them all off today.

when i set my phone as an alarm i set a ton of them and i go back and check i put it on the right time and date. i have this thing about double checking things, like if i was sitting at a cafe and left, i'd look back and see if i'd dropped anything. if i leave a store i check the cart that nothing's left behind.

i wanted to make this thread before like "THINGS YOU'RE SUPER OCD ABOUT." but i didn't want people to think i was crazy. you guys are kinda crazy too :(

this is probably a habit folks who count money have (e.g. cashiers, foodservice ppls, bank tellers, etc)--when i'm sorting money they all have to have the faces the same way.

if i'm really nervous and have a piece of newspaper around i'll start to shred it somewhat mindlessly but each piece is roughly the same width.

if i notice, i always pause and think to myself, "mmm... it's 11:34." and if someone else is around i'll point it out to them. 11:34 = hell ...y'know, the way 53003 = boobs.

i can't sleep with my arms or legs hanging off the bed.

i don't do it because i heard dumbshit ghost stories like if you're limbs are dangling off the bed a ghost is gonna come and grab your arm/leg and pull your soul out.

that reminds me, i'm slightly superstitious (stupid filipino superstitions i don't really like to believe but they freak me out). i don't cut my toenails at night. if you fuck up one of your parents are gonna die. something about making careless mistakes when it's dark out.

i hold my breath when i drive by cemeteries.

when i'm driving i tap the roof of the car twice when i roll through a yellow light.

i am constantly clicking around the screen and double clicking stuff, and highlighting then unhighlighting then rehighlighting stuff, and opening new tabs and closing them and opening and closing etc etc etc as stuff loads. as i'm reading text i'm constantly doing the highlight thing. it drives onlookers NUTS.

i am constantly clicking around the screen and double clicking stuff, and highlighting then unhighlighting then rehighlighting stuff, and opening new tabs and closing them and opening and closing etc etc etc as stuff loads. as i'm reading text i'm constantly doing the highlight thing. it drives onlookers NUTS.

HAHAHA i was highlighting your post while reading it and i had to reread it because i noticed what i was doing.

HAHAHA i was highlighting your post while reading it and i had to reread it because i noticed what i was doing.

me too. when i read things online, i highlight everything and unhighlight what i have already read

i do the same thing.

i'm also constantly checking my beltloop to make sure my keys didn't fall off

i do the same thing.

i'm also constantly checking my beltloop to make sure my keys didn't fall off

ugh stupid me like two weeks ago i was really buzzed one night and i lost my keys. my friends took me driving around to find them and i found them in the middle of the street. now i keep my keys on the keychain that's attached to my purse cause my carabiner is a piece of shit that i've had since i started driving.