Esef denim

IM SOLE CRAZY

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recommend you not to do any pre-order, meaning not to take anyones money until you have the jeans ready to ship. As you can tell from the outcome with the oris jeans, there has been alot of unsatisfied customer. The reputation of your business has decline.

honestly, it's hard not to, but you can't really make up your mind about a business after the first run, and as im sole crazy pointed out, especially when it's a one man company. there's always going to be things that come up that you weren't expecting that you need to deal with, in this case, he had to pay for most of the shipping himself and the sizing wound up off. i'm hoping he learned from the first run and will have better communication with people, a constant sizing chart, and faster shipping the second time around. but if he didn't, and the second run goes the same way as the first, then you can say that his reputation has declined. people that got a pair of the oris know it's a quality product and people that have talked to steve know he loves what he does. i just hope there are still people willing to pick up a pair of the skys despite everything that happened with his first run.

It would help if Steve answered his emails more frequently. There was some good correspondence a week back, and now nothing. I'm still waiting for my exchange pair of Oris, or at least an email to tell me they are on the way. As for the Sky's, regardless of whatever discounts he puts on them, I don't think there are many people who would trust the brand/company enough to put in a pre-order again. They look very interesting, but I'm going to hold off purchase until a) my 34 Oris come in, and b)the full run of Skys have come in and can be shipped right away.

btw, this isn't to try and say anything bad about the company and all, but if 30 out of 33 people are happy and 3 people aren't, that's still a 90.9% rating on ebay (assuming all 30 gave you a positive review after the long wait and lack of correspondence they had to go through). I wouldn't normally buy anything off ebay from someone with less than 95% positive feedback. Then again, it sucks how some people didn't pay shipping and still expected their jeans (and didn't post up pictures here, either). Can't please everyone, I guess.

Yeah dude leave steve alone its hard to run a company by yourself....I just wish he would respond more sometimes when people get stressed the fk out :-\

This is bullshit. He had absolutely no reputation on which people could base a decision about whether he could be trusted. He didn't communicate with his customers, and he took well over a month to ship his jeans once they came in. He also basically lied to people in this thread about having already shipped out their jeans. The postmarks on packages were often way after he claimed to ship jeans. A bunch of people don't appear to have gotten the size they ordered (look at all the sizing confusion a page back).

It is clear that he's trying, and that he means well. It also appears that his jeans are being sold for a very good price, and fairly impressive price to quality ratio, but as a new business starting out, he needed to fucking be responsive, clear, honest, and direct with his customers. Look at what happened to Jimmyc. It is clear that ESEF dude hadn't gotten around to wrapping/spraying/receiving/whateverthefuckhewasdoing jimmy's jeans until well after he promised they were shipped out.

If he had the common sense to be clear with his customers, and the decency to communicate with them, he would have had a much better reception. Maybe these are teething troubles, maybe the next round will be silky smooth and the deal of a lifetime (god knows, 21 oz denim doesn't usually come cheap). But, his nonresponsiveness and misstatements definitely turn me off buying them. Which is a pity, because I'm sure he's struggling to get a business off the ground and wants to sell denim people are excited about.

No release date yet-

60 will be made of the Sky. Because this is a small order, people will have the option to pre order. If your jeans do not arrive by the date posted, We will refund you half your jean cost. People will have the option to pre order, If you want to be safe and reserve yours you can. Just emailing us your name is good as well, but will not guarantee your spot in the 60.

I just saw the 21 ozer's tonight, and they're super nice. Looser weave, so they get more airflow than even the 15oz ones. The denim is so soft, I was really surprised about that but it's going to feel so comfortable. I can't wait to get a pair, this fills out the heavy jean spot in my closet.

Word on the street is they're coming in a 36 this time around too.

My 34s finally arrived. Put me down as no. 31 out of 33 people who's now satisfied. I did a bit of altering to them as well. Chain stitch to 33in and sewed on a red tab (just for the heck of it).

esef01.jpg

I'll be down for the Skys too... when they arrive. "No release date yet- " doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, but once they're here, I'll definitely be up front ready to purchase.

The ori's are shipping much faster now.

I convinced a class mate of mine to drop the money on the jeans, and it arrived in about a week.

-JF

SIZE 28 30 32 34 36

WAIST 27 29 31 33 35

INSEAM ALL 36 INCHES

1/2 HEM 7 7.5 7.75 8.25 8.5

F- RISE 10.75 11 11.25 11.5 11.75

B- RISE 13.75 14.25 14.5 14.75 15

1/2 upper thigh 10.25 11.5 12 12.75 13.25

1/2 HIP 17 19.5 21.5 23 24.75

KNEE 7.5 8 8.25 8.5 8.75

Jeans will stretch 1 1/2 inches depending on style of fit you wear. Size up if you like more relaxed straight cut.