Esef denim

IM SOLE CRAZY

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is good news!! he emailed me on the 31st of december and told me they had been shipped.. hopefully mine will be arriving soon.

Hi!

Yes the jeans were shipped out using US postal service. You should be

getting them any day now. With holidays things can be slow. I actually

am still waiting on 40 pairs of jeans to be delivered here since mid

december from DHL. Hope you get them soon.

cimg0008mq8.jpg

cimg0010gh8.jpg

I have to say these are pretty tight. I'd be willing to trade for a size 32. I love the denim. It's nice, dark, and slubby enough. It's a pretty nice cut too. The hems aren't chainstitched, but I guess I have to go to 45rpm to hem them anyways. The selvedge is beautiful. I constantly rub the outseams just to feel the connected edges. I love pretty much everything about this. Good job Steven.

lucky #13 arrived today! i can't believe these only cost $100.

i'm in the same boat as the guys above. these are smaller than expected.

way too much drama in the previous thread and this one. mr finch is a bonafide artisan, and i really hope esef goes on to great success. it will be really hard for me to pass on whatever denim he creates next.

and thanks to james nicholas for bringing this offering to my(our) attention!

still, i think most of the ppl on sufu cares, not to say cares the most, about the aesthetics when it comes to denim. part of the beauty is doubtlessly the side effects of the functionality, but then again.. copper rivets are wonderful and i want them on my jeans.

7/60 just arrived for me today. They look amazing. They are very simplistic, yet they are also artistic. The Ori's seem to pull from their simple design with all of the hand-painted and hand-crafted touches to show one the simple beauty in nature. Right on, Steven!

It went dark by the time I buttoned the bamf's. I'll take fit pics tomorrow afternoon.

Here's the unwrapping process, though. An experiece in its own.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

I did try them on before I left for work. The fit is great. The high rise works against you if you sized true, though. Split my boys trying to button up. I hiked them really quick, then sorta crossed my eyes in pain.

As soon as the waist stretches, they'll be just right.

I like not having to worry about initially soaking them. Go sanforized jawns!

-JF

Also, The inseam is giant. I would guess that it's 34" to 36" on a Size: 30 (29" waist).

Nice little medium pink selvage line. I think a lot of people claim it's red, but I'll snap a cuff in natural light tomorrow as I'm getting initial fit pics together.

The 29" waist still makes the high rise work against my gems. I reasoned to unbotton the top button, so they are extremely comfortable now.

-JF

its nice to see that everyone is finally getting their pair

believe me, the high rise + small waist is a bitch a first

it was swallowing me for the first few days but has since stretched out quite a bit

the cut really grows on you and the denim is beautiful

i've been wearing my pair for 3 weeks straight

i can already tell by the edges of pockets and where my cellphone is in my front pocket that they are going to fade very nicely and fairly quickly

also, what was painted on your pocketbags?

i have a blue leaf on mine

since the one he took pictures of had a black stork i was wondering if everyone had different things painted on theirs or something

Good to see everyone is finally getting their jeans! I know that the waist seems super tight but they do stretch out nicely, and the fabric softens up fairly quickly, Wear them straight for a week or so and you'll be happy. I wore mine with the top button un done for a few days with my belt over it. Raw jeans are sort of a pain, but the end results are always worth all the pain. I apologize for some of you getting the wrong size, this was not a mistake, Our sizing changed since the initial pattern specs so i didnt want everyone to have pants that didnt fit. The sizing now, is one inch smaller than its tagged size. The jeans will stretch to their tag size if not an 1/2 inch more. If anyone has a size too big and already soaked them, they will shrink. I highly recommend putting them on damp if you chose to warm soak them. This will save you alot of touble.

If anyone has questions please email esef @ [email protected]

NO PM please. Thanks

-Steven

$50 clae slipons? get your head checked.

Ahahahaha, that made me laugh too. These are my wanna-be leather shoes. They have aged nicely considering they looked like pumpkin pies when I first started wearing them.

Hey, nig, don't sell me short. I payed $90 at CommonWealth..

My pants are fitting great now. They haven't stretched a lot yet, but I've learned to work with the high rise. I was leaving them unbuttoned at the top and yanking them down as far as possible to start stretching them around the pockets, but that only made the jeans kill my hips and look goofy all sagged-out.

Just make sure to yank down the legs by grabbing each thigh area and tearing them babies down regularly. They have good measurements for a slim-straight cut.

-JF

Just got mine today: enjoy some pics:

cut is really relaxed, high-rise, a 27 would have been perfect, but I can work with a 28.

Steve, these are awesome. It's amazing how much time you put into each pair; the dark blue leaf is sublime, the presentation was also spot on. Thanks.

CIMG1011.jpg

CIMG1016.jpg

CIMG1023.jpg

CIMG1025.jpg

Yeah, I should clean my room and mirror, but your not my mom, so don't tell me that.